Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hard case ideas

Here's my ABS hard side case. With 20" x 14" x 11" size, It is small enough to meet most airline carry on restrictions and the best part is i can fit everything in the case including my DBS antenna. However, no more room for a second battery.

If you move your prop bag and just lay it between the H and the ST16, you can use the battery slot over the landing gear slot. Also, you can leave a battery on the H. So you can actually add two more batteries to this setup.

click on the attachment provided by Dadjvs who uses this case:
http://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/img_2106-jpg.849/

Case arrived today. I ordered the one you recommended: MCM 22-24160 - 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep

I am unsure this one is the exact same one Dadjvs uses. It looks like the same thing, and may be, but his image shows his H sitting with the landing gear parallel with the top and bottom and with the motor arms fitting nicely. I cannot see it clearly enough to see if his has the same issue I have.

I just sat my H in the case the same way, but of course not in the foam shipping container, and the arms barely fit. It is tight enough that it "slightly" presses on the buttons that hold the blades on. I cannot see if his is dong that. Either way I certainly don't want that so I will have to put it the other way with the legs parallel with the sides. No room for much under to it, maybe some thin stuff. There won't be a ton of left over room to fit everything else in there beside it. Only about 180mm of room left for everything. Have to play with it and see.

Nice case overall. I like that it has 4 locks with two on the sides as well as the front.

I am impressed with the amount of foam it comes with. It was totally full of foam. A 50mm egg crate one you can use for the lid, a 5mm flat one for the bottom I suppose. 1 solid foam piece at 50mm and 3 pieces of foam 60mm thick that have a bunch of cube cuts in it that you can remove.

I will tinker with it to see if this will work, I hope so.
Very very nice for the money either way. i:)i

Last edited:
I want to see someone put that thing in a case with the arms up and props on. So much easier to fly my Q with the props always on it.

I want to see someone put that thing in a case with the arms up and props on. So much easier to fly my Q with the props always on it.

When I first starting thinking of cases I also thought of that and was going to try to get a case that fit it that way. But honestly, this thing folds up really nice and putting the props on and off is super easy. If you do get a case like that please share. i:)i

1. Here's my Typhoon H travel case when I take it with me on a vacation. It is a Pelican 1610. Purchased it at B&H Photo for $199. It can be locked so that when I check it with the airline it is secure. It is also built extremely well. They say it is water resistant but I think it is actually water proof as it has an O Ring seal. Has wheels and a pull up handle. You can buy it with the pick and pluck foam to make your own cutouts.

I like this !! You need to a place to put DBS in there too !!!

I'm a big fan of utilizing the original foam, I figure if it made it all the way from china with no damage from shipping why change it . IMHO..

Yes my arms were tight on the sides when it slid down into the case so I took a heat gun and heated up the sides enough to create a slight bulge where each motor button rubbed you don't need much of a bulge to make it fit like 1/8th of an inch on each side.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Went the cheap route for now. A little big but the stock foam fits well with room for other stuff too. $38 at Home Depot northeast Ohio.

Reactions: Taystyrmays
Plus I use the lid as a takeoff pad in the grass.

Nothing wrong with using a container like that man. Just protect the foam container, which is nice. That is all I was going to do at first.
I am still waiting on B&H to get batteries in stock so I can't really fly it yet.
So I just got sucked into the all the little things now.

Kind of fun figuring out the case etc... i:)i

Nothing wrong with using a container like that man. Just protect the foam container, which is nice. That is all I was going to do at first.
I am still waiting on B&H to get batteries in stock so I can't really fly it yet.
So I just got sucked into the all the little things now.

Kind of fun figuring out the case etc... i:)i
I have a Battery on order from B&H too. Good price!

MCM 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep Multicomp: 22-24160
Multicomp 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Multicomp
Total cost $84 after shipping when using a 10% code from retailmenot

Perfect size! Comes with the foam. Took about 30 minutes to tear out the 3 layers I needed to fit the drone perfectly. I wanted room for 3 batteries + battery inside drone so I placed the charger in a corner after installing the drone to conserve space so that I had 3 slots for batteries, 1 slot for propellers, and I'll create a slot for the wizard and dc adapter in the open space you see near the ST16
Althought a little deeper than most airlines like it WILL fit in an overhead compartment. I'm sure if I'm nice and show them there are lithium batteries inside that they would prefer I carry it on since they don't like lithium batteries in checked bags these days.
Full resolution images attached. Thank you Dadjvs for the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20160610_122057997.jpg
    IMG_20160610_122057997.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20160610_122042143.jpg
    IMG_20160610_122042143.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20160610_122033607.jpg
    IMG_20160610_122033607.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20160610_101222140.jpg
    IMG_20160610_101222140.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
MCM 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep Multicomp: 22-24160
Multicomp 22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case - Deep | 22-24160 (2224160) | Multicomp
Total cost $84 after shipping when using a 10% code from retailmenot

Perfect size! Comes with the foam. Took about 30 minutes to tear out the 3 layers I needed to fit the drone perfectly. I wanted room for 3 batteries + battery inside drone so I placed the charger in a corner after installing the drone to conserve space so that I had 3 slots for batteries, 1 slot for propellers, and I'll create a slot for the wizard and dc adapter in the open space you see near the ST16
Althought a little deeper than most airlines like it WILL fit in an overhead compartment. I'm sure if I'm nice and show them there are lithium batteries inside that they would prefer I carry it on since they don't like lithium batteries in checked bags these days.
Full resolution images attached. Thank you Dadjvs for the idea.

looks great.....what is the weight of the case with and without the H? And does the foam come with it?

looks great.....what is the weight of the case with and without the H? And does the foam come with it?

Look at my post above #63, I tell you the sizes of the foam that comes with it. I bought that case on Dreamwash's recommendation. Nice case.

Dreamwash, nice job there man! You have me thinking. i:)i
I am happy with the case, I just need to do what you did and figure out what foam to use etc...
I bought small lipo bags for each of my batteries so I think I will make larger holes to accommodate those. I want to keep them stored on those when not in use. Just in case. I also intend to get an extra charger in the future so will need to keep a space free for it.

If I can put some of the items in the lid like I want to then it will be perfect. I want to add a clear piece of plastic to use as a lid for the stuff in the lid. i:)i

If that does not work out then I am still not 100% sure if this case will work for me, I may want something just a tad larger. It is very close to being perfect. If the smaller items can be put in the lid and stay there then this will be great!

The only thing I am noticing with the case is the **** locks keep falling down, they get in the way keeping the lid from closing easily. I need to fuss with them to get them out of the way so I can close it. Kind of annoying. i:)i

BTW A user here may be making me a label for the top and above and below the front handle. I will let you know if that works if you want.

Last edited:
I came across another case for the H by MC-cases. It has tons of room and stores the H with the props attached. It's a German company but you can find them on amazon. Mc-cases.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing