Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anybody noticed

Reaction score
I have a GiFi 8050 battery that I bought brand new for my Typhoon H.

I noticed when I got it had a slight teeny little rattle on the inside of the case.

It has not affected the performance at all.

Does anyone have this battery with that little rattle or experienced the situation before.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Just consider it the ticking of a time bomb, and cross your fingers (real hard) every time you move it, charge it, or take to the air. When it catches fire, the melting plastic will probably stick it down, and you won't have to listen to it any more.

Have you contacted the seller for a replacement?

Just consider it the ticking of a time bomb, and cross your fingers (real hard) every time you move it, charge it, or take to the air. When it catches fire, the melting plastic will probably stick it down, and you won't have to listen to it any more.

Have you contacted the seller for a replacement?

I have not contacted the seller perhaps I should.
I have 10 flights on that battery.

Now you have me concerned..
I will keep you posted when I contact the selle.r to see what they say.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Pablo de la Fuente
How many GiFi batteries do you own Keith?

How long have you owned this?

I ask because most are only warranted for 30 days, some 90 days. That only makes sense given their intended use and no control over charging and storage patterns of the user.

I have not contacted the seller perhaps I should.
I have 10 flights on that battery.

Now you have me concerned..
I will keep you posted when I contact the selle.r to see what they say.
Keith Kuhn
Good luck with that, if it's the same seller I got my my battery's from you have no chance of a straightforward answer, anyway good luck, and just keep a good fire extinguisher handy,

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Good luck with that, if it's the same seller I got my my battery's from you have no chance of a straightforward answer, anyway good luck, and just keep a good fire extinguisher handy,

I will tell you the sellers name in a moment I have to look it up but I do know there in China and they said they were the manufacturer of the battery so let me check it out and see I'll get back to you.

I sent them an email or text so we'll see if they reply back might be a few days I'm sure.
Keith Kuhn

I will tell you the sellers name in a moment I have to look it up but I do know there in China and they said they were the manufacturer of the battery so let me check it out and see I'll get back to you.

I sent them an email or text so we'll see if they reply back might be a few days I'm sure.
Keith Kuhn

I ask because most are only warranted for 30 days, some 90 days. That only makes sense given their intended use and no control over charging and storage patterns of the user.

I own two of the
GiFi 8050 Batteries .

The sellers name on EBAY is
Chris 5188818
From Hong Kong.
They claim to be the manufacturer.
I sent them a note I will see how long it takes for them to reply.
Keith Kuhn

I wish I could disassemble this battery case to see what is rattling inside there.

But I don't dare if this stage of the game. Being that it only has 10 flights on this battery..
Keith

I own two of the
GiFi 8050 Batteries .

The sellers name on EBAY is
Chris 5188818
From Hong Kong.
They claim to be the manufacturer.
I sent them a note I will see how long it takes for them to reply.
Keith Kuhn
I no longer have the paperwork to hand but it sounds very familiar I bought two batteries and one of them the connection was totally gone, I emailed them straight away with pictures and he told me that it was my fault I overcharge the battery,
I will see if I can find the paperwork and pictures and will post when I can, it will be interesting to hear the reply you get, good luck

I no longer have the paperwork to hand but it sounds very familiar I bought two batteries and one of them the connection was totally gone, I emailed them straight away with pictures and he told me that it was my fault I overcharge the battery,
I will see if I can find the paperwork and pictures and will post when I can, it will be interesting to hear the reply you get, good luck

Yes I expect it will be a couple days before I hear anything if I do at all.
Keith

I have two of these batteries.
GiFi 8050
I'm sure the 30-day or 60-day warranty is expired.
But I know I have 10 flights exactly on it.

I would like to separate the shell to see what's rolling a rattling around in there.

Do you know of a way I can carefully do this.
Thanks Keith

The cases are usually sonically welded at the seam between upper and lower halves. Once separated you would have to find a way to bond them back together. Safely separating the case is a trial of patience and nerves. If you puncture one of the cells it can outgas and ignite. I would be leery of trying it on a good battery.

The cases are usually sonically welded at the seam between upper and lower halves. Once separated you would have to find a way to bond them back together. Safely separating the case is a trial of patience and nerves. If you puncture one of the cells it can outgas and ignite. I would be leery of trying it on a good battery.

Thanks
I don't know what could be rolling around inside there you could be a little Plastic or solder.
Who knows.
I'm going to see if the seller emails back to me.

Keith

Thanks
I don't know what could be rolling around inside there you could be a little Plastic or solder.
Who knows.
I'm going to see if the seller emails back to me.

Keith
Is this the one that dropped off of the table? Can you isolate what part of the battery the “thing” is rattling around? The nose near the connectors, the side rails, or the rear near the latch.

Is this the one that dropped off of the table? Can you isolate what part of the battery the “thing” is rattling around? The nose near the connectors, the side rails, or the rear near the latch.

It is NOT the one that fell off
the table.
The rattle is near the end where
the contacts are.
Keith

It is NOT the one that fell off
the table.
The rattle is near the end where
the contacts are.
Keith
I suspected it wasn’t.

I would definitely get with the seller on that. The sides and latch end of the battery would not be very worrisome, but up near the contacts is where most of the solder connections are at. If that is a solder ball the results could be very disastrous.

This thread is about one that failed in flight GIFI Battery.

I suspected it wasn’t.

I would definitely get with the seller on that. The sides and latch end of the battery would not be very worrisome, but up near the contacts is where most of the solder connections are at. If that is a solder ball the results could be very disastrous.

This thread is about one that failed in flight GIFI Battery.

Hello
I totally agree with what you're saying if it is a solder ball.

I got a reply back from Chris eBay seller.

He basically said if the black plastic case is nothing more than a housing covering the battery which I understand.

He also said nothing to worry about so I texted him back.

Specifically asking him what he thinks this could be falling from side to side back and forth a little rattle so I wait to see what he says.

Whenever I fly that battery I will make sure that that rattle is towards the latch end.
Also I always put tape over the ledge due to it is a weaker spring than the OEM Battery.
I will keep you posted Doom
Keith

Whenever I fly that battery I will make sure that that rattle is towards the latch end.
Are you saying that you can get whatever is moving in the battery case to move from the front to the rear of the battery?

If that is the case which of the four case elements that run from the front to the rear does it travel along?

Are you saying that you can get whatever is moving in the battery case to move from the front to the rear of the battery?

If that is the case which of the four case elements that run from the front to the rear does it travel along?

Yes that thing moves around back and forth.
I'm not going to use that battery anymore.
until I get some kind of answer from the seller on eBay who claims he's the manufacturer.

If I do decide to open up that battery which won't be anytime soon I will be very careful because I'm really curious to see what's in there.
Keith

The Cellar in China of my GiFi 8050 battery has contacted me and said if I'm concerned about the battery return it and they will give me another one.

Depending on shipping cost I would like to do this.
At least they reached out to me and offered me this much.

I will keep you posted.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88chh