Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone tried to return a battery to Yuneec...

Reaction score
Asking this as a serious question because I bought a new battery from Best Buy in May this year. Flew maybe 15 times on it since, have had it in storage mode after 3 days of no use, and charged up prior to flights. Let cool and then would set back in to storage mode till next use. Battery is already swollen beyond the ability to slam it into the H plus. This can't be right for a 3 1/2 month old battery. Curious if I should open a case with them on it.

Did you try to take it back to Best Buy? I think the warranty on batteries is only 30 or 60 days.

Would not have bothered with BB at all... they have no clue the difference between LiPo and LiIon... yes, give it a shot and contact Yuneec by phone, get a case # and see if they'll replace.

There was a Post on here a few weeks ago, a battery was sent back to Yuneec UK, was deemed faulty and is awaiting replacement, but there "out of stock" Don't think its been resolved yet!

Asking this as a serious question because I bought a new battery from Best Buy in May this year. Flew maybe 15 times on it since, have had it in storage mode after 3 days of no use, and charged up prior to flights. Let cool and then would set back in to storage mode till next use. Battery is already swollen beyond the ability to slam it into the H plus. This can't be right for a 3 1/2 month old battery. Curious if I should open a case with them on it.
What is the model ?

Well .. I did post in the h plus group and also mentioned it being an h plus lol
LiPo batteries are HAZ-MAT and as such has to be shipped as such which isn’t as easy as putting it in a box and dropping it in the mail. It has to be declared as HAZARDOUS with a lot of paperwork. Ground shipping would not be difficult but what I mentioned above is for air. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

Last edited:
Well .. I did post in the h plus group and also mentioned it being an h plus lol
you could have bought conventional H batteries, not high voltage ones.
The hights voltages poses reliability problems, look on the forum. For my part, I do not fly with the original batteries of the H PLUS

LiPo batteries are HAZ-MAT and as such has to be shipped as such which isn’t as easy as putting it in a box and dropping it in the mail. It has to be declared as HAZARDOUS with a lot of paperwork.
Just A warning sticker and ground shipping here in Europe, when I've shipped DPD, I believe there one of only a few who still ship loose LiPo batteries.

you could have bought conventional H batteries, not high voltage ones.
The hights voltages poses reliability problems, look on the forum. For my part, I do not fly with the original batteries of the H PLUS

What is your runtime on the standard H batteries? I'm starting to believe that the LiHV have a downfall of not lasting as long since this is my 3 battery to swell after a few months of use. Never had this issue with standard LiPo batteries when flying RC Helicopters.

Right now I get between 19 to 22 minutes of runtime with the LiHV

What is your runtime on the standard H batteries? I'm starting to believe that the LiHV have a downfall of not lasting as long since this is my 3 battery to swell after a few months of use. Never had this issue with standard LiPo batteries when flying RC Helicopters.

I recently purchased a 2016 H battery and am able to fly 17+ minutes, this is while the camera is on.
I think the hobby store may have 2 left, but that was 5 months ago.

I recently purchased a 2016 H battery and am able to fly 17+ minutes, this is while the camera is on.
I think the hobby store may have 2 left, but that was 5 months ago.
That's pretty good performance.

I agree, I was rather surprised myself. I still get 17+ minutes to this day.?

I've only got a few batteries but I reckon the battery quality went down in subsequent years, 2016 batteries still have better IR and longer flight times than most of my 2017/18 batteries. Perhaps cost cutting became a priority, but I've only got 15 batteries, so a small test result.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr

Please see

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval