Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Have we figured out the jerky flight around center stick?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I don't come to the forums often and I couldn't find my answer anywhere. Around center stick when trying to give small precise inputs the aircraft will just jerk in the direction I move the stick about 15 degrees or so. I would much rather have full control of the tilt of the aircraft just like every other radio controlled aircraft I have ever flown. Is it just my aircraft? thanks.

Brandon

Seems to be the nature of the beast. With some practice you can make it work smoother. You can also switch GPS off and it will be very smooth. What is surprising is that even though it looks jerky, it does not show in the videos.

I have noticed that on the latest firmware release, if in turtle mode, or near turtle, the sticks are very smooth. How ever when in rabbit mode, you best hold onto your hat. Unless I am tracking something moving, I switch to turtle mode to film.

The new update has smoothed out the pitch in turtle mode by a good amount, but it is still there. When flying without GPS, as stated, it is very smooth. I believe the H is set with too aggressive loiter 'braking' which effects how hard the drone will attempt to stay or go into a hover with the sticks in the neutral position. I believe Yuneec may have backed off on this with the new release. I think they have it tight to get the H to stay in place while hovering, so it seems a trade off with their flight controller.

The firmware updates have addressed this issue. First, as mentioned above, the braking now is a bit softer, so Turtle mode is smoother. Second, the "cruise control" allows you to crawl very, very slowly if you wish. It works for me.

Reactions: Graham
This latest firmware has addressed that, turtle Mode will give you your best video.

Thanks for all the input guys. I don't usually fly in turtle mode so I will have to play with that a little. I might try turning off the GPS as well and see how well that does. I have updated my aircraft and controller to the latest firmware, really digging the new camera modes. also I am trying out the flightcenter app. seems pretty cool!

This was discussed in another thread and there was no answer to the problem.
Mine has and its pi$$ing me off. My Q500 was a much better flyer.

I do miss how smooth the Q500 was! I sold mine to a good friend. Speaking of friends...... 34Ford, haven't we done some business over on rcgroups?

I do miss how smooth the Q500 was! I sold mine to a good friend. Speaking of friends...... 34Ford, haven't we done some business over on rcgroups?

Is you name helifrek over there? I looked in my feedbacks and didn't see you.

Same name, actually you are in my friends list on rcg! doesn't give any info other than that we are friends. still neat.

You are aware you can adjust the expo for the control channels with the st16+. This can tune down the response for the sticks.

Reactions: Garth
last update and expo helps to make it better... but the breaks are still to heavy in this slow moves...it's a topic since a the first TH is on market...

and yuneec is not able to work it out. that we get this trim buttons to make it work is very poor.
...and the joke is that without GPS shows how smoth the TH can fly. But the other problem is without GPS you have double speed...much fun to try do smooth slow flights in a building

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval