Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HDMI capture device setup

Reaction score
Hello one and all. I've seen where several people here are using HDMI capture devices with their ST16's. I like the idea behind it but i'm not certain if i'll ever need it - which is the determining factor. Can someone share with me what the practical benefits are? I do mostly real estate photography & video and marketing with my drones.

Thanks,
Chef

It might not be the only one, but the main reason people want to record the ST-16 screen is for their own reference - to help with diagnostics in the event that something goes wrong, or if someone wants to show in a video what the pilot sees during the flight, presumably for review or education purposes. Personally I don't feel I need to do that when there are flight logs available...

Another reason you might want to use it (especially in your case) is to provide another monitor live on site for your client to view while you make the flight, but recording the screen is not necessary if that is all you are doing. Other than that, I don't think there's any client-side reason you'd need recordings of the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJan
Thank you the reply. That makes sense. I'm all about new tech toys if I can justify their expense.

Many secondary monitors can record to an SD card when they are in use, making them an effective screen capture device.

It might not be the only one, but the main reason people want to record the ST-16 screen is for their own reference - to help with diagnostics in the event that something goes wrong, or if someone wants to show in a video what the pilot sees during the flight, presumably for review or education purposes. Personally I don't feel I need to do that when there are flight logs available...

Another reason you might want to use it (especially in your case) is to provide another monitor live on site for your client to view while you make the flight, but recording the screen is not necessary if that is all you are doing. Other than that, I don't think there's any client-side reason you'd need recordings of the screen.
Hi, I use my FeelWorld 10,1 inch screen Aerial photography with Robinson R44 based at Bromma Airport Stockholm because I don't want my real-estate brooker to look over my shoulder and disturb me when I am flying. It's also perfect to show/replay the video after the flight. I payed approx. $700.
Best from Sweden

Last edited:
Reactions: record.play.rewind
Says the guy that was flyin' M-600's;)

Now hating DJI.

Man! During Black Friday I was constantly refreshing my browser to see if the Ikan, feelworld or Blackmagic will go on sale. There are FPV monitors, but lacked the capability to record.

I think I only paid about $189.00 for my 10.1”/1080 Feelworld monitor from an Amazon vendor. Unfortunately the output signal from an ST-16 is only 720 so I can’t take advantage of the higher monitor resolution when flying an H or 920.

I think I only paid about $189.00 for my 10.1”/1080 Feelworld monitor from an Amazon vendor. Unfortunately the output signal from an ST-16 is only 720 so I can’t take advantage of the higher monitor resolution when flying an H or 920.

I saw those, $189 is a steal deal. I have the older Ikan field monitor. I used to use one, when I’m mapping. I will set one up one of these days.

Hello one and all. I've seen where several people here are using HDMI capture devices with their ST16's. I like the idea behind it but i'm not certain if i'll ever need it - which is the determining factor. Can someone share with me what the practical benefits are? I do mostly real estate photography & video and marketing with my drones.

Thanks,
Chef

One of the lesser discussed, but handy features of the H Plus, is the ability to take a screen shot of the St-16S at anytime. And while it is a photo and not a video recording, it is handy if you want to show any of the parameters displayed during a flight such as distance, height, satellites or camera settings or other.

Lots of good feedback - thanks everyone. I haven't even taken the H920+ out of the box yet. I emailed Yuneec us about the camera adapter for the cg03 & cg0et cameras but they haven't responded - honestly their UK customer service is just light years better than the us customer service in my experience. I will probably invest in a hdmi capture setup for the H920+ and if needed just switch it over to the ST16 for my Typhoon H. I want to get the absolute maximum utility out of my equipment.

Ty Pilot, as I wrote: .... " because I don't want the customer i.e the real-estate brooker hang over my shoulder and disturb me when I am flying" Then It's also perfect to show/replay the video after the flight on a 10 inch screen, sitting in the shaddow. BTW I never use the still pic setting I always use video and then high res screen crabs (BMP) when at home with my computer. Works great :) Photo2be business card

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
I agree @Photo I also never want anyone peeking over my shoulder when I'm working, they tend to try and become a director on set and thats never a good idea. Heck, I even have to chase my wife away, she thinks because she is photographer she knows whats what. I once took the transmitter off and handed it to her while hovering, she now leaves me to do the flying outside while she shoots inside. ;)

Agreed - my first 'big' commercial job was interrupted when some tool sweeping the parking lot - not in a sweeper truck but with a broom and dustpan mind you - kept walking over and standing under my drone as I tried to land it. When I asked him to stand clear he looked at me like I was out of it. Common sense does NOT reign supreme when people see a drone up close for the first time!

Reactions: Sully53 and PatR
Had the same happen at car shows. Put tons of effort into clearing a lane of the people and without fail some tool tries to get up close and personal with the aircraft. When using a 920 your stress level (already high) and blood pressure instantly soars. They’ll even do it at a cordoned off landing zone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital