Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HDMI recording with live view

Reaction score
I want to ask if any of you use a feed for a secondary view and if so, what do you use?

I have seen one of these being used with Canon full frame cameras used for video: Blackmagic video assist 4k recorder (Atomos Shogun) But they are very expensive!

I want to ask if any of you use a feed for a secondary view and if so, what do you use?
I have seen one of these being used with Canon full frame cameras used for video: Blackmagic video assist 4k recorder (Atomos Shogun) But they are very expensive!
You can use the HDMI output into a small 12v DVR recorder and then output from that to FPV goggles or a second monitor.

Reactions: Addison
It would be easier to check out YouTube.
There are heaps of examples including how to Live stream with it.
Search for "Ezcap 284"

It would be easier to check out YouTube.
There are heaps of examples including how to Live stream with it.
Search for "Ezcap 284"

I've been looking at it, but I've also seen that it doesn't record everything because of some video protection system. Confirming that it works with the birds of Yuneec, which is what I want it for, is enough.

How to Live stream I hadn't found anything. Thanks for the note. Now that you've said it, I found it the first time. :D

P.D.: I changed the video because the first one I had posted was not very good, this explains step by step and well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Addison
I've been looking at it, but I've also seen that it doesn't record everything because of some video protection system. Confirming that it works with the birds of Yuneec, which is what I want it for, is enough.

How to Live stream I hadn't found anything. Thanks for the note. Now that you've said it, I found it the first time. :D

P.D.: I changed the video because the first one I had posted was not very good, this explains step by step and well.
Hey it's Mark Zukerberg in disguise.

Reactions: PatR and arruntus

you only do this if you need it live record to computer. Else just insert SD card and record in the field

Reactions: arruntus
Yes, it's another functionality we can take advantage of.

For my important that it can record on SD card (for convenience better than pendrive), the working voltage to determine how to power it (5v and miniUSB in this case with a powerbank would be the best option) and the size and weight bearing in mind that we have to carry it with the ST16S.

I'm looking at another model, which I think has the same base, since it has all the same connectors and functionalities, but it's a little smaller. When this insurance is in place I will put it on to give more options to those of you who are thinking of buying one.

Forgive me for missing what may be obvious to others, but what's the advantage of this arrangement over a monitor that records to an SD Card, or a video recorder? I just don't see the benefits of going too far out of the way to record downgraded video.

We're just commenting on another possibility this device has. It doesn't make sense if you don't want to do live steaming.

Recording the video with the screen data can help you to correlate the telemetry data visually. To have live GPS coordinates in case of an accident and help to find the aircraft much faster than checking the logs for the same reason, coordinates and video view of the environment.

The other great function is to show others how the system works, teaching.

To be able to receive live video, with no data in the image, for example to show it to a client on a TV, I'm still looking for a decent 5.8Ghz video receiver that doesn't have an astronomical price tag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis