Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello everyone - ProfTJ New Typhoon H owner

Reaction score
I'm new to the UAS world and am the proud owner of a Typhoon H. Seems like a lot of nice people on the site and very knowledgeable. I am a civil engineer and surveyor by trade. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all.

A hearty welcome to both of you from the YuneecPilots community.

You can find all the information you could possibly hope to find here and a great collection of pilots from all over the world.

Hi ProfTJ!

The Typhoon H is one of my favorite UAS's. I've been using mine successfully for real estate quite a bit since getting last year and know a good amount about it. Let me, or us, know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Matt

Reactions: FLDirector19
Welcome to our world @tj.hyzer and @ProfTJ . Whatever you need to know about your new pride and joys you'll find it here. If you have a problem that doesn't seem to have an obvious solution the experts and old hands (farts?) here will bend over backwards to solve it, if it is solvable.

Hi All,

I too am a newbie, I have flown it a bunch of times the last 2 wks and have lots of questions that the manual doesn't answer. Thank you for the advice on placing a pin. I will try that.

Hi All,

I too am a newbie, I have flown it a bunch of times the last 2 wks and have lots of questions that the manual doesn't answer. Thank you for the advice on placing a pin. I will try that.
Complete manual for the H

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Complete manual for the H
Thank you AH-1G. I am grateful. This one has more info than the one I downloaded from Yuneec. After reading through some of it, I have a big problem. The first time I flew the drone, I didn't have the antennas on. It claims that it will damage the transmitter/controller. I ask, damage how? and now what do I do. I would think that would be included and highlighted in the box somewhere.

Thank you AH-1G. I am grateful. This one has more info than the one I downloaded from Yuneec. After reading through some of it, I have a big problem. The first time I flew the drone, I didn't have the antennas on. It claims that it will damage the transmitter/controller. I ask, damage how? and now what do I do. I would think that would be included and highlighted in the box somewhere.
Operating the ST16 without the antennas on is a big no-no. Without the antennas there is no load and so things get burned out...very quickly. This is basic 101 radio. You have most probably badly damaged your ST16. Since this is pilot error I expect that yuneec won't repair under warranty.

Operating the ST16 without the antennas on is a big no-no. Without the antennas there is no load and so things get burned out...very quickly. This is basic 101 radio. You have most probably badly damaged your ST16. Since this is pilot error I expect that yuneec won't repair under warranty.
This is heartbreaking news. It doesn't mention it anywhere in the Manual. I checked again and don't see it. It does in the one posted here though. How can I tell if it is damaged and what are the signs?

This is heartbreaking news. It doesn't mention it anywhere in the Manual. I checked again and don't see it. It does in the one posted here though. How can I tell if it is damaged and what are the signs?

My opinion is to take the drone outside power up everything and see if you have connection and wifi signals if the camera transmitting the image to the ST16 there is nothing to worry about. If your motor starts then you have a connection between the drone and ST16. Now try to fly at low altitude and see if all the commands from the ST16 works. Make sure you do not put the drone in Smart mode if you are in a closed area keep the drone in Angle mode. If everything is working fine there is no damage made to the transmitter. Enjoy your new bird.

My opinion is to take the drone outside power up everything and see if you have connection and wifi signals if the camera transmitting the image to the ST16 there is nothing to worry about. If your motor starts then you have a connection between the drone and ST16. Now try to fly at low altitude and see if all the commands from the ST16 works. Make sure you do not put the drone in Smart mode if you are in a closed area keep the drone in Angle mode. If everything is working fine there is no damage made to the transmitter. Enjoy your new bird.
I have flown it several times since and it works great. So am I lucky or might something not work correctly. I only flew it once without them, i didnt see them in the box at first.

I have flown it several times since and it works great. So am I lucky or might something not work correctly. I only flew it once without them, i didnt see them in the box at first.
Sounds like you have gotten away with it this time. It seems that lady luck was with you. Now get out and fly.

I'm new to the UAS world and am the proud owner of a Typhoon H. Seems like a lot of nice people on the site and very knowledgeable. I am a civil engineer and surveyor by trade. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome!! Glad you’re here!,

Welcome to the forum! I am also a new H owner. There are a lot of really knowledge and helpfull people here. Enjoy the new bird. I know I surely am!

Welcome!! Glad you joined us!

Yay!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval