Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Missouri

That's who I got my from. I reached out to him directly and told him there were lots hitting the market without cams. The camera I got works fine, but I can't get the drone to connect to the controller. Blue rapid flash, engages camera, then slow red and three beep intervals. :(
Remove the camera from the aircraft. Power it up, the Main LED should rapidly flash blue. Now tilt the aircraft forward 45 degrees and back twice. The Main LED should now be blinking orange. Turn on the ST-16 and once it boots enter System Settings and Bind. If you do not see SR24_xxxxxx in the left column press the Refresh button. Now select the SR24_xxxxxx that appears in the left column and Bind. Back out to the Main screen. The aircraft should now be bound to the ST-16 and the Main LED should be purple when Angle mode is selected.

Once you get this far power the aircraft down and attach the camera. Now power up again and see if both the aircraft and camera are bound to the controller.

Okay, you're some of drone whisperer. That worked. However, not it seems to be having trouble binding the camera. When I try, it asks for a wifi password. Is there a standard?

Is it just me or does Yuneec have a distinct lack of documentation other than the helpful people here? Starting to doubt my drone life choices.

The password is standard it is

The documentation thing is nothing new to Yuneec. But you can find good information on most of Yuneec’s products on this forum. Did you download the expanded user manual attached in an earlier post in this thread?

New drone owner, only experience is a little helicopter. Not very successful with that. Participated in the ken-a-vision auction, now I own a Typhoon H.
Welcome to the family. Yuneec drones are amazingly easy to learn. Only problem I have found is that parts are hard to find at times. Over the last week, I have seen eBay and other sites a bit flooded with parts only due to some Yuneec dealers selling out. With COVID-19 floating around, you can bet your bank that many more parts will hit the market soon. Happy flying!

Welcome to the family. Yuneec drones are amazingly easy to learn. Only problem I have found is that parts are hard to find at times. Over the last week, I have seen eBay and other sites a bit flooded with parts only due to some Yuneec dealers selling out. With COVID-19 floating around, you can bet your bank that many more parts will hit the market soon. Happy flying!
Yes. There was a big one in the Kansas City area called Ken-a-Vision. They had been around for ever and made microscopes for schools. As some point they became an Yuneec repair service. They sold drones and parts by the lot. Including the one I bought.

Reactions: cabinfourus
Yes. There was a big one in the Kansas City area called Ken-a-Vision. They had been around for ever and made microscopes for schools. As some point they became an Yuneec repair service. They sold drones and parts by the lot. Including the one I bought.
KAV went bankrupt from the shaft they got from Yuneec not paying them for the warranty repair they were performing. This culminated in the sale of KAV’s assets by auction.

Yeah, I am seeing a lot of these parts hitting the selling sites. Only problem is most owners are hoarding parts for fear that they won't be able to find them when needed. I am guilty of it myself. It only drives up the cost of parts for repairs in the open market.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Yeah, I am seeing a lot of these parts hitting the selling sites. Only problem is most owners are hoarding parts for fear that they won't be able to find them when needed. I am guilty of it myself. It only drives up the cost of parts for repairs in the open market.
One big problem is most of the sellers have no idea what condition things are in. They are only trying to turn a profit. How many of those are selling “as is”?

First flight was a failure. It tumped over and broke 2 rotors. I appears that one of the motors isn't functioning. I suppose that means it needs to be replaced. Any luck with replacing these on your own?

Go here Downloads - Yuneec and download the software GUI. If you are using Windows, after you install the software right click on the icon and choose “Run as Administrator”.

Follow instructions for use starting on page 60 of the attached manual. You will be able to test the motors using this program. It will also test other internal systems.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
Thanks. Another Rookie question. Is there any difference between the rotor for Typhoon H and an H Plus.

Most definitely yes. The H Plus props are slightly larger and have a different pitch angle. The props are not interchangeable. I strongly suggest you use OEM props on your aircraft most third party props end in disaster when they fail at altitude.

got a camera off the bay, thought I'd power up my Typhoon H (Complete without camera) Bought the missing battery charger, and missing blades.... putting the camera on noticed that I'm missing an arm clip too.... I got the camera bound and I think it connected to the drone. rapid blue flashing beep once pretty slow. guess there'll be no flying....

Download the manual attached in the post above and refer to page 43 to create a new model and then bind to it.

no aircraft showing up to bind to, I'm not seeing a wifi icon on the console either. I was able to connect the console to the UAV pilot usb and do a few test flights.

I got the camera bound and I think it connected to the drone. rapid blue flashing beep once pretty slow. guess there'll be no flying....
Rapid blue flashing does NOT indicate bound to the controller. A couple other posts have come between, and you did not state you have used the guidance provided by @DoomMeister or the current color of the rear LED. Please let us know what you have tried, and your current observations.

Reactions: 7cyclops
page 43, copied over the typhoon h "model" to one I called typhoon h C1. I left off the camera, as previous attempts I was able to bind to the camera, and get picture. I went into System Settings, there is no aircraft found to bind to.
I've tried 2 different laptops, 3 different usb cables, typhoon gui launches, I get nothing when plugging in, several reboots to make sure the drivers are installed. when I try F5 I get The portcom9 does not exist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33