Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello, Tintin, is there anyone in the E90?

Reaction score
An anecdote today with an E90 who made the head and did not want to work.
Yesterday, four normal flights where everything went very well.
Today, arrived on the ground, ignition of the H520 and the E90 remains obtinémént nose pointed to the ground. Nothing, several attempts but nothing helps.
I do not understand, the camera is recognized and connects to the radio, I have the video back (it is beautiful the turf, given the position of the camera) and the return of the telemetry. The H520 starts and can take off but with a soft camera .....
Well, back home, I may say a firmware problem, but by checking on the radio all firmware radio and h520 are correct.
The problem was finally solved by resetting the camera using the two buttons under the camera while the H520 was turned on.
Then cut the h520 and re-ignition the H520, and there, miraculously, the camera is recovering and reacts to all the controls of the radio.
What happened ? I do not know. Is there an interaction with the last update?
I point out that a few days ago, when the H520 was switched on, the E90 started spinning (like one of us on the forum) and did not do it again.
Hello, Tintin, my E90 is she haunted ..........

Sometimes my car refuses to shift (automatic transimission). I have to pull over, shut off the car and restart it. Then everything works fine. Anything that has a computer or wears a bra is going to give you trouble at some point.
Can relate to that a little bit.
Only trouble is, my car doesn't have any gears at all. Just this thingy that let's me move forward or reverse when I put my foot on the accelerator.
That's electric cars with computers for you. Not too sure about computers with bras though. Haven't seen one of them yet. Who sells them, DJI, Yuneec or Parrot? ??

Last edited:
All these last problems of the E90 can be perfectly problems of the last 2 updates because they have appeared at the same time. I still don't update, but if it's true that I had the problem I told you, that the H520 was frozen in the air when I activate the RTL. It is clear that the firmware of the E90 is still not polished and that the different camera versions almost certainly have something to do with it o_O

Anything that has a computer or wears a bra is going to give you trouble at some point.

Point being, do not let your computer wear a bra... let those Hard Drives be freeeeeeeeee... ?

Well, claudius62 , it may well be your E90 isn't haunted. It might just be a feature amongst others. I got our H520 back about a week ago, with a new E90 hence the old one just was beyond all help, or that's how they did put it in at the local dealer. I haven't been able to test it ouside due lack of time and the fact that it rains almost every ******* day. Today I decided to go and test it for one battery at the early morning before sunlight. H520 flew well and camera was working as expected. This joy lasted only couple shots and about four minutes and then small disaster; the picture went bouncing around so that I thought for a second the **** thing was in a free fall. A glimpse in the sky and I understood it was only the camera gone wrong. I'm betting the spinning was pretty much as violent as it was in that short video I posted earlier. I brought it down, the spinning movement did stop at some point of descending and the E90 was halt when down, went inside and after a moment booted them there and all seemed to be well. Then with recharged battery went outside again with all fears in my mind and flew 15 minutes in moderate winds, took some photos, couple videos and everything went well.

This leaves me with quite big doubts how that will work out in the future. Not so happy to promise to come and shoot photos when always in mind things may go south faster than you thoght it was possible.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
Ok, time to update some news from the haunted Cameras -section. I haven't been flying almost at all since october, just a few short shoots, everything has worked fine. Last friday I decided to go and do some roof inspections which have been pending for some time already, either I have had much more important stuff to deal with or the weather just hasn't been co-operating. **** and blast; put everything on at the office to check things work and the E90 decided to start spinning immediately. After resetting E90 they seemed to be all fine for several re-startups. Then went to first site, pulled H520 up and just managed to make checks for controls responding as should and the spinning started again. Made couple restarts at the ground without flying and nothing happened. Then tried another fly over rooftop and managed to fly for about 5 minutes when spinning started again. E90 took some spins as on other times and then got kinda stuck on one position but kept trembling like in a seizure. I took short videoclips from E90 itself and from it with my phone. There can be seen how it spins and then gets halted.

Since it seemed impossible to get job done I packed things up and went back to office since I had to get five fully loaded batteries to deplete for storaging voltage. Threw two batteries into DY5 to be put in storage voltage and put H520 with E90 on without resetting it and let them stand there for some time and nothing peculiar happened. Did few more restarts and everything seemed yet all right, thus on one of these restarts I had no control over the E90. Then went out and flew 3 batteries down to storage voltage and everything worked fine. I'm having more and more mixed feelings with this thing which seems to be avoiding any real job, just wants to fly around for fun.

I am having the same issue of the camera spinning. Very frustrated. Where are the resets on the camera. Also having an issue of logs that have already been downloaded reappearing and wanting to download again how do I clear the logs from the system?

These two schwitches are under the same lid where are usb port and sdcard. You need couple quite small pins to push them simultaneously when power is on. There are logs on ST16 and logs on H520. At least I can tell you that if you pull logs from H520 with QGroundcontrol there is an option to clear logs. Searching forum should give you more answers about this resetting function and about the logs; which are more accurate and different ways of getting them out and how to read them.

To this spinning and twisting problem itself; I'm not sure if this makes me relieved or more sorry when it becomes obvious our bird isn't the only one to go berzerk from time to time. Most annoying thing is that you cannot know when it happens next but that has made one thing very clear for me. I will not promise to go shoot anything with needs arrangements with other people to do something or be somewhere simultaneously. Only jobs which can be done with free timetable since that thing may as well work just fine or be unresponsive and make its own moves. Does yours work at all or is it just in a spin like bat out of **** -mode?

OK I was able to fix this it is absolutely a issue of a bad update. I highly recommend Joe with vertigo Drones he was a great help

Step 1
Using 32g or smaller sd card format it fat32 making sure it's completely clear

Then download this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/gimbal/e90/gimbal.yuneec

Place it on the card by its self. Flie should only say gimbal.yuneec.

Put it in the camera and power on the drone. Drone will suck the update off the card and then should reboot. Remove the card and check the file it should read download or update gimbalyuneec

Step 2

Clear the card and down load this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/camera/e90A/firmware.bin

Put it on the card and repeat

Step 3

Repeat clear the card and download this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/autopilot/autopilot.yuneec

Each step takes some time make sure you get the green light after each step and rember to eject the card from the computer each time. Also make sure the card has only the file on it each time that you want it to copy.

Just an FYI for everyone this did not fix my problem I ended up sending it to Joe at vertigo drones to replace the main board in the E90

Reactions: Steve Carr
Step 1
Using 32g or smaller sd card format it fat32 making sure it's completely clear

Then download this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/gimbal/e90/gimbal.yuneec

Place it on the card by its self. Flie should only say gimbal.yuneec.

Put it in the camera and power on the drone. Drone will suck the update off the card and then should reboot. Remove the card and check the file it should read download or update gimbalyuneec

Step 2

Clear the card and down load this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/camera/e90A/firmware.bin

Put it on the card and repeat

Step 3

Repeat clear the card and download this file

https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/H520/autopilot/autopilot.yuneec

Each step takes some time make sure you get the green light after each step and rember to eject the card from the computer each time. Also make sure the card has only the file on it each time that you want it to copy.

and for the European pilots in step 2: https://d3qzlqwby7grio.cloudfront.net/.../e90E/firmware.bin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval