Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! Crash landing

The entire "How To:" video section was developed with that intent. The documentation libraries with OEM manuals was added with that intent. Extensive expanded member generated manuals were written, posted and stickied with that intent.

You can lead a horse to water...
It's been proven, human nature, whatever the product, people don't read manuals I'm afraid.

The manual is contained within a sticky. If they won’t open the sticky with the manual what’s to lead us to believe they’ll look in any other sticky. Seems for some it makes sense to crash first and look for help or instructions later.

The logic escapes me.
I suspect they give up at the first few pages?

The entire "How To:" video section was developed with that intent. The documentation libraries with OEM manuals was added with that intent. Extensive expanded member generated manuals were written, posted and stickied with that intent.

You can lead a horse to water...
Well problem with that is the horse has already bolted, most are posting after the crash and joining forum, there's little to do about that, if your already on the forum then that's different.

That falls under “due diligence”. If we want to become involved in something it’s up to us to learn as much as we can about it before jumping in with our wallets. As the variety of search engines and the tremendous amount of information easily accessible on the internet makes research efforts easy to accomplish there’s just no reason not to do it. Yet they do not.

With pretty much any multirotor we can go online to read about performance, features, price, ops manuals, and availability. We can read user reports both good and bad, identify public forums that are dedicated to the product to review common issues. We can learn about batteries and their requirements. But so many don’t and elect to initiate research only after an expensive toy is wrecked after only a couple uses.

We read about far too many crashes that didn’t need to happen. The causes are far too often ones that have been repeated over and over, causes well described and researched with prevention methods and warnings widely disseminated for anyone interested enough to review them...before they fly for the first time.

Last edited:
That falls under “due diligence”. If we want to become involved in something it’s up to us to learn as much as we can about it before jumping in with our wallets. As the variety of search engines and the tremendous amount of information easily accessible on the internet makes research efforts easy to accomplish there’s just no reason not to do it. Yet they do not.

With pretty much any multirotor we can go online to read about performance, features, price, ops manuals, and availability. We can read user reports both good and bad, identify public forums that are dedicated to the product to review common issues. We can learn about batteries and their requirements. But so many don’t and elect to initiate research only after an expensive toy is wrecked after only a couple uses.

We read about far too many crashes that didn’t need to happen. The causes are far too often ones that have been repeated over and over, causes well described and researched with prevention methods and warnings widely disseminated for anyone interested enough to review them...before they fly for the first time.

You're forgetting the impulse buy scenario, Pat, I got into RC several years back because of a post on an air gun forum. That said, I did a lot of research before buying, then even more once I had bird in hand and was actually able to understand some of what I'd read. Sometimes you need to screw something up before you even know what questions to ask. Perfect example, my (so far) only crash with my TH was a TB issue. No experience with it before hand, so it wasn't until after I'd had the issue that I looked for a solution. Fortunately, the only damage was a busted prop, and I already had spares. But I do tend to agree with you, considering how easy it is to find information in the Internet age, it's pretty foolish to not do so, especially if you're going to drop a fairly serious amount of coin. Later.

Dave

Manufactures of any kind of product pander to impulse buyers. All those items in markets and general stores located on “end caps” or bordering the check out line are there to entice impulse buyers.

We’re all guilty of acting on impulse at one time or another, and often many times. What’s important is what we learn and how we modify our behavior after acting on impulse. There’s most always an additional price paid afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight