Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! Crash landing

Kjr

Reaction score
I was flying about 160ft up and about 100ft from my controller when all of a sudden all the lights on my typhoon H+ went out and it dropped straight to the ground
The display said WiFi signal lost at about the same time
My question is why? Of course and my other question is there a way to GPS locate it cause it was dark and it's in someone's backyard

I was flying about 160ft up and about 100ft from my controller when all of a sudden all the lights on my typhoon H+ went out and it dropped straight to the ground
My question is why? Of course and my other question is there a way to GPS locate it cause it was dark and it's in someone's backyard

Battery came loose/out would be my guess. No power, no help from the bird finding it, but if you noted its position on the controller before shutting it down, you might be able to find it with a GPS unit of some type, or maybe a smart phone. Good luck!

Dave

If it wasn't the battery then It could be your wifi board in the controller (st16), mine has randomly been shot twice now although thankfully not during flight.
Your best bet to find it might be to download the telemetry files from your controller and convert them to google earth files, then see where it went down from there. Do some searching on here, theres plenty info on how to do that.
Good luck!

It's pretty late so I just put letters on everybody's doors
I heard it hit and it sounded like a roof landing
Thanks again

Getting the telemetry files from the controller with help you locate it. If it dropped straight down it will be easy to find from the telemetry files.

Reactions: oldfhat
How to get last position:
  • Power on ST16, wait until boot completed (Welcome pilot)
  • Connect Micro USB cable to ST16 and your PC
  • You should see now the ST16 as MTP device and internal memory
  • Copy the whole directory '\FlightLog' to your PC
  • Download 'Q500log2kml' and start the application
  • Select 'FlightLog' as FlightLog directory, you should see a list with flight numbers on the left side
  • Go to last Flight number and click it
  • Go to 'Display files'
  • Move to the bottom of the file (ctrl+end), select very last dataset
  • Open contect menu with right mouse button and select 'Show at GoogleMaps' - this is the point where the last valid position of the copter was recorded, it should be there.
Another possibility is to create KML files for GoogleEarth with the complete flight track - Button 'Convert' does it for all flights as batch. Follow the last flight (highest number).

Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz

br HE

Edit: LINUX is able to access direct to the ST16 - no need to copy the flightlog directory to PC. But a copy is always a good idea as backup.

Reactions: oldfhat
Thanks everybody for the info I found my drone it's not in very good condition as you could imagine
I'll post some pics later
I've had this thing less than a month
I purchased it from best buy I wonder if they will do anything for me on a return or exchange

Thanks everybody for the info I found my drone it's not in very good condition as you could imagine
I purchased it from best buy I wonder if they will do anything for me on a return or exchange
How bad?

Why would you expect Best Buy to exchange your aircraft when you most likely crashed it through pilot error?

Seems likely to me that your battery wasn't seated properly and that's why it crashed. Pilot error.

@Kjr
Sorry to hear about you're loss. Can you upload the telemetry files for us to look at?
Make a zip file, ZIP file can contain whole Flight Log (telemetry, remote, remote GPS, sensor).

Upload your telemetry and members will give you their opinion of what happened, but if your description is accurate, then I agree with @FlushVision's assessment... loss of power due to the battery not being properly secured.

You will need to contact Yuneec to see if any warranty coverage is applicable... they will instruct you to send the telemetry files to them to make that determination. Essentially, their judgement is final. Do not bother contacting BestBuy, unless they sold you some sort of extended warranty through them... otherwise, they are completely out of the loop.

Perhaps there should be some stickies on the forum about essential info, judging by how many don't read the manual.

Perhaps there should be some stickies on the forum about essential info, judging by how many don't read the manual.

The entire "How To:" video section was developed with that intent. The documentation libraries with OEM manuals was added with that intent. Extensive expanded member generated manuals were written, posted and stickied with that intent.

You can lead a horse to water...

The manual is contained within a sticky. If they won’t open the sticky with the manual what’s to lead us to believe they’ll look in any other sticky. Seems for some it makes sense to crash first and look for help or instructions later.

The logic escapes me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight