Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP TYPHOON H CRASHED FROM 250FT UP

Reaction score
So I decided to fly my typhoon h. I just replaced the gear for the retracting landing gear the Drone flew completely fine flew about 2,000 feet out and back also it hovered fine took it up again to about 250 feet or so and flew out about 800 ft out. on its way back the Drone lost all controls and started being wonky in the sky the next thing I know I heard the Drone beeping loudly the controller started beeping loudly and it came falling out of the sky in Smash in to my neighbors roof embarrising not to mention a thousand or so dollars down the drain. I purchased on March 14th 2017 will my warranty be voided if I did the long range antenna mod even though it had nothing whatsoever to do with the connection. Also battery was at 15.2 an everything was fine prior. 1 motor was extremely hot. Very upset don't no what to do pls any advice is welcome I talked yuneec up a whole lot to friends an family. an in all honesty I'm beginning to feel like all the money I spent was a waste an I got robbed. . . Ty In advance for whatever advice you have to give.

First post log file. And go ahead and contact customer support and see what they say.

Your st16 logs all flights which will give us and cs data to determine what caused the crash.

The description of the flight, distance, height, return, height, distance. Allowing for some other activities snd possibility of higher speed flying, it's quite possible. If you started that flight with the battery at 15.2...

The description of the flight, distance, height, return, height, distance. Allowing for some other activities snd possibility of higher speed flying, it's quite possible. If you started that flight with the battery at 15.2...
No no no. Misunderstanding It was full at point of failure the bath. Was at 15.2

Is this your first drone?
I've had one other considerable cheaper drones lol. I have been flying for a few years now. Not with yuneec though my H is only 5 months old and I have had zero issues an have been a very happy customer until now unfortunately. Only issue I've had is the landing gear motor acting funny so I replaced worked great again and then wham like a ton of bricks.

I've had one other considerable cheaper drones lol. I have been flying for a few years now. Not with yuneec though my H is only 5 months old and I have had zero issues an have been a very happy customer until now unfortunately. Only issue I've had is the landing gear motor acting funny so I replaced worked great again and then wham like a ton of bricks.
The easiest way to get to the flight logs is to connect the ST16 to your pc using the charging cable. The ST16 will show up as an added drive with a weird name like azxxxxxxx. Find the Flight log file and select the latest file. Copy it to your pc and then you can upload it here. You will need to add .txt to the file extension so that it will upload.

Reactions: TyphoonTom91
The easiest way to get to the flight logs is to connect the ST16 to your pc using the charging cable. The ST16 will show up as an added drive with a weird name like azxxxxxxx. Find the Flight log file and select the latest file. Copy it to your pc and then you can upload it here. You will need to add .txt to the file extension so that it will upload.
Thank you much.

Sorry. Humble apologies. Your comments seemed to read about flying for a good bit, then taking off again.

As a note, last weekend on the final part of my flight I took it up to 200' (which is actually quite rare for me) and got the first battery warning. I immediately started descending but the dang thing is so sloooow on descent I did hit the third battery warning before I finally had it down.

I immediately started descending but the dang thing is so sloooow on descent I did hit the third battery warning before I finally had it down.

Rather than trying to descend straight down (as some people do), try descending while also using some forward stick and yawing in one direction - kinda like a corkscrew. A straight down descent can sometimes get slowed down due to the UAV trying to maintain control while dealing with prop wash, while a descent with some forward motion while yawing will help to eliminate this.

So I decided to fly my typhoon h. I just replaced the gear for the retracting landing gear the Drone flew completely fine flew about 2,000 feet out and back also it hovered fine took it up again to about 250 feet or so and flew out about 800 ft out. on its way back the Drone lost all controls and started being wonky in the sky the next thing I know I heard the Drone beeping loudly the controller started beeping loudly and it came falling out of the sky in Smash in to my neighbors roof embarrising not to mention a thousand or so dollars down the drain. I purchased on March 14th 2017 will my warranty be voided if I did the long range antenna mod even though it had nothing whatsoever to do with the connection. Also battery was at 15.2 an everything was fine prior. 1 motor was extremely hot. Very upset don't no what to do pls any advice is welcome I talked yuneec up a whole lot to friends an family. an in all honesty I'm beginning to feel like all the money I spent was a waste an I got robbed. . . Ty In advance for whatever advice you have to give.
As has been mentioned, we need to see your telemetry log before we can suggest what your problem was.

Regarding warranty. Put your original antennas back on and say nothing about them. Say nothing = no lies.

Reactions: TyphoonTom91
FlushVision,

Just a comment on your last relative to some personal experiences.

My wife used to start wearing some rather expensive new clothes that seemed to come out of nowhere. When asked when she got them she would always say she'd had them a long time. Found out later she would buy stuff and hide them in the trunk of her car for a few months before wearing them.

Sometime later I bought a new and expensive saddle I didn't say anything about, on purpose. Since she didn't go into the tack room very much I just put it on a stand that was not out in the open like the other equipment was. About 6 months later I was saddling up to go for a ride when one of my daughter's friends, standing with my wife, commented on the nice looking saddle. My wife instantly noticed the saddle was different in color from the usual saddle and asked if it was a new saddle. I told her "no, I've had it for a long time". She became quite angry. We both had told the truth, but the way is was framed betrayed trust. After a long conversation with my wife related to clothes kept in the trunk, the practice of shaping the truth to achieve a desired goal ended that day.

FlushVision,

Just a comment on your last relative to some personal experiences.

My wife used to start wearing some rather expensive new clothes that seemed to come out of nowhere. When asked when she got them she would always say she'd had them a long time. Found out later she would buy stuff and hide them in the trunk of her car for a few months before wearing them.

Sometime later I bought a new and expensive saddle I didn't say anything about, on purpose. Since she didn't go into the tack room very much I just put it on a stand that was not out in the open like the other equipment was. About 6 months later I was saddling up to go for a ride when one of my daughter's friends, standing with my wife, commented on the nice looking saddle. My wife instantly noticed the saddle was different in color from the usual saddle and asked if it was a new saddle. I told her "no, I've had it for a long time". She became quite angry. We both had told the truth, but the way is was framed betrayed trust. After a long conversation with my wife related to clothes kept in the trunk, the practice of shaping the truth to achieve a desired goal ended that day.

Sometimes it is not what is said but in what is not said. My late wife did the same thing all of the time. She worked in a retail store and would always "Find these incredible bargains" saying I saved $50.00.
I would reply you could have saved even more if you had not bought it. Spending $190.00 to save $50.00 did not make sense to me.

Last edited:
A bit off topic but it's like going to Costco and buying 3 times more of something than you can use because it's on sale, or the way it's packaged, only to throw half of it away because it spoiled before it could be used.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal