Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP! Typhoon H Plus just fell out of the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flight2Log directory would not attach after zipping it. It was still too large.

I just took a quick look at the telemetry file. At first glance this appears to be a total and immediate power loss and if I am not mistaken; is different than the others which, had a significant voltage drop that caused a power cut to the motors but not a total power outage. In @Euphered 's telemetry the cut was total while the aircraft was still at around 13 meters.

Will be interesting to hear what others find as well as Yuneec's response.

I know on my screen that my camera was still looking at a tree but it did not register a fall.

At first glance this appears to be a total and immediate power loss and if I am not mistaken; is different than the others which, had a significant voltage drop that caused a power cut to the motors but not a total power outage. In @Euphered 's telemetry the cut was total while the aircraft was still at around 13 meters.
Will be interesting to hear what others find as well as Yuneec's response.

Agree so far. See Post #16. Don't see much in the other files so far. I'm not real good at this. Still Looking.

One thing just came up in a conversation I was having on the phone with @DCH - he asked about the firmware version of the known crashes. We think it might be helpful if those who have had a Plus fall from the sky to post up what firmware version they had at the time of the crash. Trying to find some correlation might help give all Plus owners a piece of mind that is (unfortunately) eroding with each and every one of these events.

So @Euphered and @Flyder DeCastro - can you post up what firmware version each of you had at the time of the loss?

Reactions: DCH
I believe I have the latest firmware version. I did a search for an update @ 1 month ago when I recieved the drone and it said no updates were available. I will check though.
I attached a picture of my controller and what it says for firmware.
Where do I find my drone version? In the yuneec ota folder perhaps?20190609_195500~2.jpeg

Reactions: Ty Pilot
@Euphered,
All I see unusual about the flight was an almost simultaneous cycling of both sticks at about 15 seconds before the power loss, including one short, but nearly full stick reverse. The flight was stable for about 15 seconds, then came the power loss. That activity may have challenged any weakness in the battery security.
How certain are you that the battery was fully locked?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
It will only read the aircraft firmware if it is booted up and connected, but if you were flying it has the corresponding firmware and it looks like you have the latest, thanks.

Reactions: Euphered
I am very certain that the battery was in all the way. It is something I read about before purchasing this drone and have been cautious about before each flight.
Also I put the battery in a fireproof battery bag and put it outside. No signs of puffiness but just to be sure. Will it matter if it gets rained on now. Not sure where else to put it

I would try to keep it dry, if possible.
How bad is the damage on your Plus? Is it something you can repair yourself if it comes to that?

Just a thought on the different contact issues that turn up from stick contacts to controller voltage readings from a dirty controller battery. These have one common issue, dust getting into the contacts so when you look into the back of the "H" you see battery contacts wide open to the dust along with the contact area of the batterys. Just because you plug in a battery and it powers up doesn't mean its a clean connection......anyway, its just a thought.

I had this problem twice, Yuneec replace the H once, the other sent for repair to KAV

Could be a design problem, on the Q500 the battery stay in place all the time.

So I was flying to drain my batteries down for storage and all of a sudden my H Plus fell out of the sky. Dropped onto my roof and then the ground. I Downloaded Q500log2kml.exe. Would someone be willing to go over the log report with me. How do I attach the log report?
Same thing happened to me. Sent it back for warranty repair and received a new one. All sorts of theorys why this is happening. I think Yuneec may know but is not saying why. Yuneec in any event quickly responded and I am back flying. As far as I know flight logs have shown nothing that would indicate why "falling out of the sky" is happening.

Last edited:
It worries me. Now if they do replace it, I will always be overly concerned that it could happen at anytime. I have not spoken to Yuneec yet. They will call me soon though as I set up a time.

Where you flying backwards at the time? I’ve had a battery I swore was clicked in disconnect in a pull back shot and destroyed my original 480. I’ve rebuilt it and now I’m crazy about double checking that the battery is secure.

Because of that unfortunate experience, I take my camera off also when doing any drain down flights and do them at hover in close proximity to me. You can gun the throttle and pop it up quickly a few feet and then drop it back to safe height numerous times and that will help drain your battery. It’s also a good way to observe what kicks in your low voltage warning and if the battery recovers from those fast surges well or not. I also never push below 14.5 volts as a safety precaution. So once I see that in normal hover post some stress test that I’m at 14.5, I can land and then let my good charger finish the balanced storage to the proper 3.84 volts per cell the charger sets up.

Reactions: Sheepdog
Well lets hope this doesn't happen to me on Monday when mine is delivered :eek: Edit: which was supposed to be here on Friday and I paid for Friday </end rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430