Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP! Typhoon H Plus just fell out of the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will want to get all of the files; Remote, Remote GPS, Sensor and Telemetry. We can take a look at it for you and see what we find but I would strongly urge you to contact Yuneec CS tomorrow and get a return going. There have been a couple of known failures such as yours that Yuneec has done a full replacement of but they will never tell us the 'Why' unfortunately.

Yep, mine was one of 'em, about one year ago on it's second ten minute flight out of the box. I must say Yuneec was very good about replacing it in a timely matter once I got the telemetry to them proving I did nothing wrong. You are right, no explanation. Still, to this day, I always get a little anxious when I lift off and have to put the past out of my mind but I think it causes me to fly just a little tense. The thump the H Plus made when it hit a gravel road from sixty feet up is still ingrained in my memory.

The thump the H Plus made when it hit a gravel road from sixty feet up is still ingrained in my memory.
WoW! That thump is ingrained into my memory too! ...And I haven't even heard it yet because mine hasn't fallen out of the sky. ...Yet. And with every incident my anxiety grows almost as if it has happened to me. That has got to be a gut wrenching horrible sound, I hope I never have to hear it.

I would have the worry if the replacement was OK. I bought one from Amazon, cheapest I could find.
1st one, locked up during upgrade, would not turn off or anything, had to pull battery, eventually managed to get it to run again, but not happy contacted Amazon for a replacement.
2nd went through all updates OK, then found the high/low sensitivity control was not working. sent it back.

With such a high priced item, they would not replace again.
So, I just ordered another.

So far so good, I have been running it around my yard to make sure all is ok before any main flights.

Ah yes, now I remember your event. Do you happen to recall what firmware version you were on?

Unfortunately my log book got left on a plane where I noted all my updates and dates. It was two years ago and I stayed current. I never went for warranty as I painted my shell and figured they’d say I had voided the warranty by taking it apart for proper painting. My sound of impact was similar to the sound the coyote made hitting the valley floor in those roadrunner cartoons. I still believe my battery disconnected in flight and it was my fault.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The ST16 telemetry log is definitive on this issue.
If the ST16 keeps getting log data as the altitude drops, the H still has battery power.
(I have personal experience here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval