Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with 350 QX3

There are three more possibilities, but two of them require "micro soldering" on the main board. Unfortunately, those two problems often show up after a crash, because they involve cracked solder joints.
The next reasonable possibility is to change out the altimeter sensor. The altimeter is part of the GPS module sitting on top of the battery box (on a standard QX3). Can you borrow the entire GPS module from the good drone and try it on the problem child? Before you take the good drone apart, you might want to take a hard look at the wires and connector associated with the GPS module of the problem drone. The end of the wires at the GPS are soldered on, and covered with some sealant. You have to tug on each wire to ensure it is still soldered. The sealant holds it in place even if the solder is broken loose.

Updated 07:09PM - The blue and orange wires are the most likely to affect altimeter function.

Last edited:
I'm thinkin' the next thing is to pull it all down and check the board for cracks and wires for solder joints, as you suggest. It was a female dog putting this thing together (for me) 'cuz all the hardware is so tiny and the cf frame is kind of flimsy until it's all bolted up. I may rummage thru my stuff and see if I can come up with enough spruce ply to make a temporary test frame to put it all on whilst I'm trying to chase this down. I'm very reluctant to rob parts from the good one as there's always that chance I'll screw that one up too then I'll be relegated to trying to do some sport flying with the Typhoon H. I fear that can have only one outcome :eek:. So, if I don't break anything else over the week end, I'll have some time to work on it all. Thanks for all the help and advice from all of you, it's been extremely helpful.

If you decide to do a couple flips with the "H", get some video. That ought to be a hoot.
Post a shout when you get some results on the QX3. Enjoyed talking to you!

Thanks! Enjoyed chattin' with y'all too, and especially all the great tips. Don't know if I'll try any flips with the H though, that's what got me here in the first place ;). But, I'll get back to this girl in a day or three and we'll see what shakes out. Thanks again everybody!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig