Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with choice of P4 or TH

Reaction score
I know I may be shot down here but I really can't decide between the two, I have flown Phantoms before but never had a Yuneec product. I have recently had bad experiences with DJI, so I'm finding it difficult to jump in and buy the P4..... Customer service ie phone calls made about spec at Yuneec has be awsome so far. Any help input greatly received :)

Reactions: Mrdronenut
Well I am going for the H had 2 P2
But all in one controller and retractable undergear swings it for me

If you are looking for specific reasons we can talk about them but the big differentiator is customer service.
I plonked by Q500 down after hitting a tree and bent the camera out of shape. Sent it in and they repaired it in a week and here is the kicker: I only paid for shipping. Note the camera was still working when I sent it in, just needed to fix wires and frame...

As for flying, the Q500 is a rock solid ship and take fantastic video. Supposedly the H's camera would be a little better in some regards so you cannot go wrong.
Go on YouTube and look at some of the Q500 landscape videos.

Last edited:
Anybody can find fault with a product, even when it's pilot error, I believe Yuneec is top notch in customer service, can it be better? Sure, but they do a great job for the number of birds they have out there, as far as the H is concerned, nobody really knows what to expect with it since they are not in the users hands yet, but the Q's have been proven, and I believe the H will be to, they are going to sell a bunch of them real quick and I'm sure they will be bomb barded with phone calls the first few months, we have been patient on the release and we need to be patient after we get them,

Despite the Phantom being excellent and reliable (I have had 3) to turn the whole aircraft to move the camera position is an exceptionally clunky way to film. And for me the microphone on the H is an enormous plus. IMHO.

Despite the Phantom being excellent and reliable (I have had 3) to turn the whole aircraft to move the camera position is an exceptionally clunky way to film. And for me the microphone on the H is an enormous plus. IMHO.
I know I may be shot down here but I really can't decide between the two, I have flown Phantoms before but never had a Yuneec product. I have recently had bad experiences with DJI, so I'm finding it difficult to jump in and buy the P4..... Customer service ie phone calls made about spec at Yuneec has be awsome so far. Any help input greatly received :)
Naturally, I can't speak to the H, but the Q500 is one very tough bird. For one reason or another, I have had serious crashes 4 or 5 times; all 4 props broken, landing gear broken and each time the camera has parted ways with the bird. After each crash I had her up and flying (and shooting) within a few minutes. The one exception was when the landing gear broke and I had to buy some Crazy Glue to repair it. That repair lasted through at least one subsequent crash...

And I thought I am tough on my Q500! :)

Thanks guys I'm going to order the H :)
Wise choice, I have a P3P and don't get me wrong, it's a good machine, but like others stated, the retractable landing gear and all in one controller and customer service swayed me way over the fence to an H, Safe flying and best of sucess with your H when ever you get it ! LOL!

Thanks alot it really has helped me make a decision. DJI where honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. I had to go through 3 phantoms all brand new before I could even get in the air!!! All sorts of hardware failures, admittedly I was proberly really unlucky but I just had to give up in the end. I sooooo looking forward to H and so far there customer service has been second to non. Am I wrong in saying I'm expecting delivery from 4th May that's what is written in the UK site.

Thanks alot it really has helped me make a decision. DJI where honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. I had to go through 3 phantoms all brand new before I could even get in the air!!! All sorts of hardware failures, admittedly I was proberly really unlucky but I just had to give up in the end. I sooooo looking forward to H and so far there customer service has been second to non. Am I wrong in saying I'm expecting delivery from 4th May that's what is written in the UK site.
I believe you are about right, if all goes to the latest update, hope so for us all, USA and UK and AUD, everywhere !

I have 2 chroma's a 4K and a 1080 they are both yuneec and very similar to the Q500. Both drones are amazing they have both been crashed and back flying within a short time to put all the pices back together. Good service good parts good drones, they are tough. I also have the dji phantom 4 another fantastic drone it does every thing that was advertised and more. I had no problems setting up, service or firmware updates. I read a lot of negatives about dji but I must be lucky I got a pretty good one. I will also get the typhoon H when ever it comes out I've had it ordered since they were asking 1799 for it. I will sell the two chroma and just have the 4 and the H they both have different things they are good at. The 4 is faster, fly farther,, the H will be smother and maybe a little better camera.

Autel Robotics X-Star Premium seems like a good choice until Yuneec can make up their minds if they should ever release the Typhoon H or not!

Autel Robotics X-Star Premium seems like a good choice until Yuneec can make up their minds if they should ever release the Typhoon H or not!
I haven't looked at it yet. Is it in the same league as DJI and Yuneec? It outwardly looks like a copy of the P3P but without lightbridge. With the P3P selling for around $800 on Amazon now, what more is the X-Star capable of doing? Does it offer obstacle avoidance?

I am trying to decide between the typhoon H and phantom also. Just posted this on the phantom forum, Can anyone answer here?

I am looking at buying a Phantom 3 pro or Typhoon H. Does the P3 have the ability to follow a iPhone (or android), gps watch, or something similar to the Yuneec wizard, without using a phone and the controller?

For example, if I wanted to go Jet ski or mountain bike with a phone in a waterproof case, could the phantom follow me? Yuneec has the Wizard, which seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at it yet. Is it in the same league as DJI and Yuneec? It outwardly looks like a copy of the P3P but without lightbridge. With the P3P selling for around $800 on Amazon now, what more is the X-Star capable of doing? Does it offer obstacle avoidance?
Thought it seemed pretty good in this review:

I am trying to decide between the typhoon H and phantom also. Just posted this on the phantom forum, Can anyone answer here?

I am looking at buying a Phantom 3 pro or Typhoon H. Does the P3 have the ability to follow a iPhone (or android), gps watch, or something similar to the Yuneec wizard, without using a phone and the controller?

For example, if I wanted to go Jet ski or mountain bike with a phone in a waterproof case, could the phantom follow me? Yuneec has the Wizard, which seems to be exactly what I am looking for.
Yes, if your phone has gps, which my ipad mini 4 with wifi and celluar works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval