Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with deciphering lost drone last Telemetry

Reaction score
Hi all, new typhoon owner here, I had an incident happen on 4-17-21 in palm springs where my typhoon suddenly went from 2/4 battery bars to instantly 0. The feed then cut off and i could not find the drone anywhere. My guess is the battery overheated and died, but doesn't make sense why I couldnt find it at its last gps location. Flight log is attached including what the st-16 told me the last location was. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• gps final location.png
    gps final location.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 25
  • telemetry lost drone 4-17-21.zip
    71.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi all, new typhoon owner here, I had an incident happen on 4-17-21 in palm springs where my typhoon suddenly went from 2/4 battery bars to instantly 0. The feed then cut off and i could not find the drone anywhere. My guess is the battery overheated and died, but doesn't make sense why I couldnt find it at its last gps location. Flight log is attached including what the st-16 told me the last location was. Any help is greatly appreciated!
@sdsurf86,
The file you uploaded is only the GPS location of the remote control. Not much help for finding the drone it was controlling. We need the telemetry file as a minimum. To have much chance of being helpful, we would need the full set of flightlogs.
Please refer to Attachment 60 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project for instructions to upload the entire flight log set. That would also provide the logs in a file structure the program can read without requiring the reviewers to manually build the structure.

Reactions: 7cyclops
RemoteGPS as the name says contains the GPS data of the remote controller not the drone.
Drone's GPS data are in Telemetry_00012.csv

RemoteGPS_00012 is destroyed somehow (from the Encrypted Flight Log?). It needs to be a CSV file.

Best is to have all 3 files: remote, RemoteGPS and Telemetry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
Yikes!!!

A built-up urban area like that. Hope nobody was hurt or any property damaged.

Plus, it's in a 0' Grid for Palm Springs Surface D... Did you have FAA Authorization to fly there?

Palm Springs Surface D.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
My favourite is the tree in front of the pool. But without flight logs we don't know the altitude, seed and circumstands of this flight. But on the other side I would not make public flight logs in this case :rolleyes:

br HE

Reactions: Pier2162
It's also not so far from the airport?

2.21 miles to the west. Fortunately, there wasn't an incursion and the approach/departure zones weren't violated. I haven't pulled the plates for KPSP so no idea of the pattern.

...I would not make public flight logs in this case :rolleyes:

br HE

That cat is out already with a public admission of flight and aircraft loss. Plus, statements imply he was flying the screen without VLoS, otherwise, he would have seen it go down and know where to go.

But, information is limited. Perhaps he's a 107 operator with an FAA Airspace Authorization for that 0' Grid space 2.21 miles west of KSPS, and a 107.31 waiver. He hasn't been back since posting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval