Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP...Yuneec typhoon H pre-purchase

Reaction score
hello, I am in need of advice. I am going to purchase a very nice used Yuneec typhoon H, I have a lot of concerns, only because I have never owned or flown a drone, besides those cheap Walmart drones, anyways before any money is given,what do I need to do or test or to look for to be sure everything is ok and good to go I have attatched picures of the bundle I am going to purchase,any help or advice is very much needed thankyou....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-153243.png
    Screenshot_20190303-153243.png
    577.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20190303-153237.png
    Screenshot_20190303-153237.png
    578.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Resized952019022895201116954569.jpg
    Resized952019022895201116954569.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Resized952019022895201111955309.jpg
    Resized952019022895201111955309.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Resized952019022895201107955863.jpg
    Resized952019022895201107955863.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 89
Does the seller state that two ST16 controllers are included? The shot of the controller in the case and the controller on the floor appear to have 2 different antenna configurations.
You don't say how much the bundle is but there are many good deals out there. If buying used, I personally would prefer to go with a factory refurbished unit with a warranty but again, just my personal preference. I'd also have to say that the H isn't what most would consider a "beginner" drone so for your own piece of mind (and safety) I'd say research and watch every flight tutorial for beginners you can find on YouTube before your first flight.
Good Luck! :)

the seller said the drone belonged to him and his brother it was flown about 2 weeks ago, says there nothing wrong with the drone,seller says just looking for a quick buck his price is $250

Hmmm.....2 different controllers pictured.....a SMOKIN GOOD price......not passing the initial sniff test.

Reactions: PatR and Ty Pilot
That's a good price. I'd pay $250 just to have the spare parts....but it does sound too good to be true.

Reactions: Jimmie
$250!
That's cheap!
I would want to see it fly first.
Can he give you a current telemetry file for us to look at?
How many hours of flight does he have on it?
I would like too see if he kept a log book,
What type of camera angle lens is it? 98° or 115°?

I don't plan on flying... I plan on res-elling and hopefully doubling my money.

I only see one battery, is it slightly puffed up?
How much flight time is he getting out of the battery?

$250!
That's cheap!
I would want to see it fly first.
Can he give you a current telemetry file for us to look at?
How many hours of flight does he have on it?
I would like too see if he kept a log book,
What type of camera angle lens is it? 98° or 115°?
I have ask the seller those ?'s

Other peoples drones for sale scare me, you have no clue of maintenance or incidences.
I stay away!
You should fly it to make sure it works properly.
If not then you're deceiving people not knowing the condition of the H.

he said he can fly it before I purchase and this is going to be a local dealing

If it would take-off and hover without too much drifting I'd buy it. Be aware if it hasn't flown for a couple of weeks it could take 10 or 12 minutes to get the needed GPS info prior to being able to start. This is normal and not a problem..

If it would take-off and hover without too much drifting I'd buy it. Be aware if it hasn't flown for a couple of weeks it could take 10 or 12 minutes to get the needed GPS info prior to being able to start. This is normal and not a problem..
I have faith it will but just for keepsakes I'm having the seller meet me at my local hobby shop to have a drone pilot look it over

That’s better......if you can meet in person and evaluate it, especially with someone who knows what to look for. $250 is the lowest price I’ve seen for a functional 480, complete kit with batteries, controller, backpack. If it checks out I’d jump on it myself, and I don’t even need another Typhoon.

Reactions: bigcruz28
I don't plan on flying... I plan on res-elling and hopefully doubling my money.
If you write good listings you should be able to get $500 or a little more on eBay which means you will net about $150. Selling Fees, PayPal and shipping cost will get the rest. If you go the auction larger risk/reward route have it end on the weekend, drones seem to sell better then. Hopefully you don't get a buyer that changes their mind and report it to eBay as not as described. EBay will side with the buyer. Then you get to pay to have it shipped back and you can do it all again. Reselling can be fun and profitable but there can also be unexpected expenses and losses.

If you write good listings you should be able to get $500 or a little more on eBay which means you will net about $150. Selling Fees, PayPal and shipping cost will get the rest. If you go the auction larger risk/reward route have it end on the weekend, drones seem to sell better then. Hopefully you don't get a buyer that changes their mind and report it to eBay as not as described. EBay will side with the buyer. Then you get to pay to have it shipped back and you can do it all again. Reselling can be fun and profitable but there can also be unexpected expenses and losses.
I do t use ebay for anything thts way fb marketplace or Craigslist is for but thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl