Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

here windows datapilot for h520

Hello thanks you but it starts badly, Datapilot for windows does not work: "the application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b), click Ok to close the application"

On my first windows 7 64bit computer, it works, on my second windows 7 64bits I have the error and on the Windows 8.1 laptop, I have the same error. It must be a dll, but which one.
I would like it to work on the laptop on the go.

Good problem solved. For Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, if you have the error "0xc000007b", you must install or reinstall "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.11.25325".
If you have the missing File: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, you must install (for Windows 8.1): "Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu"
And it works.
But what a sadness compared to Litchi Hub, no POI, no poi sight, no elevation of terrain to calculate the height of all points (especially in the mountains).
I hope that with the SDK, someone will make a better program, because there, they are not at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
Good problem solved. For Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, if you have the error "0xc000007b", you must install or reinstall "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.11.25325".
If you have the missing File: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, you must install (for Windows 8.1): "Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu"
And it works.
But what a sadness compared to Litchi Hub, no POI, no poi sight, no elevation of terrain to calculate the height of all points (especially in the mountains).
I hope that with the SDK, someone will make a better program, because there, they are not at the top.
Claudius this worked. I am running Windows 10 on a ASUS laptop. I also received the error "0xc000007b".

From reviewing your post I:
1) Uninstalled Datapilot from my system and restarted
2) Downloaded "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) from:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
3) Re-downloaded Datapilot from the Yuneec server (to get a fresh download in case something had gone wrong with the initial one).
4) Installed Datapilot from prompts and it ran no problem.

***If someone else is having this issue and the above steps 1-4 did not work. From my research I saw several mentions on the web about AVG and its possible conflict with programs causing the "0xc000007b" error on startup.

So if you have AVG, you might consider uninstalling it then going through the steps above to resolve.

Thanks again Claudius!

Last edited:

There is much a simpler way to do it. Just do not use their installer that they offer at their US website and download it from their EU GB website at Downloads - Yuneec

First it comes from EU as a ready to use program that does not require installation(just extract all files from an archive while their installer on the USA website will throw a lot of errors and won't launch at all. And the second their EU GB website offers 1.3 version in the archive while the us installer at http://commercial.yuneec.com/comm-downloads-h520 is only 1.1 version.

Actually I am not sure that the last link is for USA but it definitely offers completelly different thing for this software.

There isn't any software for the 520 and I'm not happy after paying the best part of £5000 in the cost of the drone and camera's I'm not happy

if yuneec think that ill use the controller to do my work on we will be in court fast

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't any software for the 520 and I'm not happy after paying the best part of £5000 in the cost of the drone and camera's I'm not happy

if yuneec think that ill use the controller to do my work on we will be in court *** fast
What software are you referring to?

There is software for the H520 and if you ask without ranting I’m sure someone will help guide you to the proper site to download it.

Reactions: aedronix

if yuneec think that ill use the controller to do my work on we will be in court *** fast
You might try this link DataPilot Desktop or get in touch with Yuneec here Contact and ask them where you can obtain the software.

Also for the cost you quoted are you using the H520 or the H520e?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval