Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi all, damaged typhoon h plus.

Reaction score
I bought a damaged typhoon h plus on ebay, repaired broken leg and cleaned it out. it had crashed in the water. It had an uncharged battery which I charged. Now it won't turn on which I half expected. Main board appears fine w/ no obvious damage. Now the ?. Is there anyone who can repair this board. I know if I send it to most repair shops they will just want to put in a new board which will cost plenty. Another possibility is if I can't get board repaired is to change it out to a H520. From what I can see from looking at pics, the mounting screws look to be in the same place. The motors should swap OK, same battery and other components. Thanx

I bought a damaged typhoon h plus on ebay, repaired broken leg and cleaned it out. it had crashed in the water. It had an uncharged battery which I charged. Now it won't turn on which I half expected. Main board appears fine w/ no obvious damage. Now the ?. Is there anyone who can repair this board. I know if I send it to most repair shops they will just want to put in a new board which will cost plenty. Another possibility is if I can't get board repaired is to change it out to a H520. From what I can see from looking at pics, the mounting screws look to be in the same place. The motors should swap OK, same battery and other components. Thanx
I think the board will be different and motors, but I stand to be corrected. A new 480 board is available, if it's just that. Was the battery flat and take a charge?

Main board appears fine w/ no obvious damage. Now the ?. Is there anyone who can repair this board. I know if I send it to most repair shops they will just want to put in a new board which will cost plenty.

The board is irrecoverably destroyed . Usually when electronics come into contact with water, there are temporary short circuits all over the board. Sometimes it only results in a shutdown without any permanent damage. Sometimes the tiny circuits inside of alls the chips and so on become damaged. If that is the case repairing it useless since it is way more expensive than swapping out the whole thing.

Since yours is not starting any more, there is no way to recover it. The Typhoon H (plus) does not have any fuses saving the main electronics. Only the ESCs and the Camera have a fuse.

A 480 board will not work with the H Plus motors and the other electronics will not be compatible.
Sorry I meant the plus board, Too much on my mind, I'm not sure a 520 board is compaitable with a plus?

I'm not sure a 520 board is compaitable with a plus?
I suspect the 520 board will work but the controller would have to be reconfigured for the 520 software. If the Flight Controller is still functional then it may be possible to use the 520 main board with the H Plus FC. I'm guessing here. I haven't seen the 520 main board.

Fresh water. According to Terrestial Imaging pic motors are same for H520 & H plus. Both 15.2v. Same props too.
That is correct. Most of the parts are identical. Just different firmware and software.
What are you using to power up the H Plus?

The original battery a 15.2v. I compared a pic of the H520 board that's on line to the H plus board, there are some different plug connectors.

The original battery a 15.2v. I compared a pic of the H520 board that's on line to the H plus board, there are some different plug connectors.
So you're using the battery that was submerged? Did you measure the voltage reaching the main board while trying to turn it on?
Do you have an H battery?

Battery seems okay. Charged to full voltage. I also tried a battery from another H drone (14.8v)which should at least turn on the H Plus w/ no luck. Since I don't have schematics for H+ can only measure main inputs from battery when installed. From what I could see I think drone landed on one side in shallow water damaging one leg and motor at least that's where I found mud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold