Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi all. ST16 v ST16s

Reaction score
Hello. Anyone know what is the difference between ST16 and ST16s? Is it just software? Thanx

The ST16 and it's flight Control system is dedicated to the H480, the ST16S is dedicated to the H Plus & H520. They are only similar in basic appearance that's it. The Flight Control App is completely different, they are not interchangeable between the the platforms.

Reactions: PatR and Phaedrus
The ST16 and it's flight Control system is dedicated to the H480, the ST16S is dedicated to the H Plus & H520. They are only similar in basic appearance that's it. The Flight Control App is completely different, they are not interchangeable between the the platforms.
The handles also are different as is the thickness of the controller at the top. ST-16= Metal handle. ST-16s=Plastic handle.

That is true but the important difference is that they are dedicated to different model types. If you have an H-480 you must use a ST-16. If you have and H Plus you must use a ST-16S. If you have a H520 you must use the ST-16S version that comes with the H520. The firmware is different across all of them and not interchangeable between models.

The “S” identifier does not mean it’s better, it denotes it is dedicated to a particular model type.

That is true but the important difference is that they are dedicated to different model types. If you have an H-480 you must use a ST-16. If you have and H Plus you must use a ST-16S. If you have a H520 you must use the ST-16S version that comes with the H520. The firmware is different across all of them and not interchangeable between models.

The “S” identifier does not mean it’s better, it denotes it is dedicated to a particular model type.
Someone edited Pat's post from 580 to 520. My heart sank as I thought he was perfect. ? I am so glad he is on this forum. He is a wealth of knowledge as are so many others on here and I learn something new on here daily.

No. I have tried this but the ST16 does not see/recognize the C23 to bind to it.

Someone edited Pat's post from 580 to 520. My heart sank as I thought he was perfect. [emoji6] I am so glad he is on this forum. He is a wealth of knowledge as are so many others on here and I learn something new on here daily.

I didn’t edit it but I’m certainly not perfect.[emoji6]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval