Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hitec X2 charger

Reaction score
I got myself a new charger, if nothing else so I could have something to put the batteries into storage mode.
I have a few questions for the experts here.
Using the charger's internal AC power supply, I can only get a max charge rate of 3.2 AMPS.
Is this normal for a 100 watt charger?
I have a good 8-14 volt DC, 45 amp power supply but I do not have a connector to use the DC in port (have one on order).
Will using an external DC supply allow me to charge at a higher rate?
The Hitec did charge quicker than the Yuneec charger, but I know the battery can safely recharge even quicker.

I got myself a new charger, if nothing else so I could have something to put the batteries into storage mode.
I have a few questions for the experts here.
Using the charger's internal AC power supply, I can only get a max charge rate of 3.2 AMPS.
Is this normal for a 100 watt charger?
I have a good 8-14 volt DC, 45 amp power supply but I do not have a connector to use the DC in port (have one on order).
Will using an external DC supply allow me to charge at a higher rate?
The Hitec did charge quicker than the Yuneec charger, but I know the battery can safely recharge even quicker.

You should be able to get 6 amp out of a 100 watt charging the H battery.
100 watt divide by 16 volts = 6.25 amp

And no, a bigger power supply or car battery will not give you more output. Your limited to what the charger is rated at.

Last edited:
Usually in these multi-channel chargers the Max wattage is split over both channels. Make sure you can get 100 from each, not 50 on each.

I was using channel A and I am pretty sure had it set for 100% and B at zero.
I am glad I can still do math, I also figured 6.25 amp charge rate. Even at 3 amps it was still faster.

I was using channel A and I am pretty sure had it set for 100% and B at zero.
I am glad I can still do math, I also figured 6.25 amp charge rate. Even at 3 amps it was still faster.
Bob, how are you connecting to your H battery? Did you rig out the stock charger terminals? Thanks!

Reactions: Old Jar Head
DC,
Yes I rig into the base of the stock charger.
I can still use the Yuneec charger or the Hitec, and I retain the drop in charge base.
The Hitec is a bit faster than the stock charger, but so far I can not get it to charge more than 3.3 amps. It should be able to do 6 amps.
Here is a pic from "Typhooned"
img_2166-jpg.1117

Also see this link
My charger mod

I "fingered" it out !!!!!
I am using the "Charge Master" PC based program to control the charger.
When making settings in the program screen you have to SEND them to the charger before you start the charge cycle.
Charging second battery at 6.4amps.....woohoo..
I am only 8 minutes into the charge cycle, but so far the battery is still cool to the touch.

Reactions: jwjohnson
When making settings in the program screen you have to SEND them to the charger before you start the charge cycle.
I am only 8 minutes into the charge cycle, but so far the battery is still cool to the touch.

I always charge my batteries at 7.9 Amps, using a 120 watt charger - no problems.
View media item 51

DC,
Yes I rig into the base of the stock charger.
I can still use the Yuneec charger or the Hitec, and I retain the drop in charge base.
The Hitec is a bit faster than the stock charger, but so far I can not get it to charge more than 3.3 amps. It should be able to do 6 amps.
Here is a pic from "Typhooned"
img_2166-jpg.1117

Also see this link
My charger mod
Bob, so the large red/black wires are from the charger soldered on to the power posts and the4 black and one read are from the control of the charger?

Glad you got it figured out. I just got a second charger that I'm going to mod like yours. I've already got several 200 watt chargers to use with it.

Bob, so the large red/black wires are from the charger soldered on to the power posts and the4 black and one read are from the control of the charger?
The large size wires go to the power output of the charger - the smaller ones connect to the balancing leads of the charger.

Reactions: DroneClone
There are 7 connection to be made.
2 are the main power connections + -
The other 5 are the balance connections
4+ to each cell, and 1 neg. The negative balance lead gets soldered to the main power negative.

Please tell me you have that charger in a lipo bag or some type of protective case. i:)i

No,
I do not believe in them.
If you safely check the batteries for physical damage, and don't push more than they can take. You should not need them. When LiPos first hit the market many did go up in smoke until everyone learned some safe practices.
I DO charge them on a flame proof (ceramic tile) counter top with nothing else around. My first time using the Hitec charger, I never left the room it was in.
It is the ones who want to use super high charge rates, or leave the battery unattended or worse overnight that better have a LiPo bag.

THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION YOU DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS SAFE.

Reactions: jwjohnson
JW,
YES
Just pry em off with your finger nails the are 4 allen key type bolts under there.
Sorry I do not know the size, there are NO markings on the bit I used.
Need a 30 watt or better soldering iron for the big connections (3 of em) takes a bit of heat to get the solder to melt to them.
I cut the cover on the USB side took about 1/4" off the tab to snake my wires out. Little electrical tape at that point.
When reassembled, you can still use the stock charger, or an external charger, just not both at the same time.
Make sure you remove the battery BEFORE disconnecting the external charger.
I was charging at 6.3 amps and the battery never even got warm.
Personally I would NOT charge at a higher rate even if the battery could take it.

BobW55,
I'm about to take my charger apart. Are there screws under the rubber pads on the bottom?
Thanks.
So all the wires in Typhooned's picture are external wires from the new charger to solder into the H charger, I am just trying to decide if I need to buy one and do, As I have 4 batteries and if I charge the night before, I can wait on stock charger!

DC......You are correct.
I bought a dual port charger, so with an external power supply, and a second charge base I can do 2 batteries at once. I only have 2 batteries now, but want 2 more.
Man this gets expensive.

DC......You are correct.
I bought a dual port charger, so with an external power supply, and a second charge base I can do 2 batteries at once. I only have 2 batteries now, but want 2 more.
Man this gets expensive.

So Bob are you still liking this charger I'm looking at getting another charger and haven't bought a new one in years.Have read some good things about them but since it will be used for the H and you have first hand knowledge wanted to know how its working out.

Malibu,
I like it a lot.
Took a bit to figure out.
Get the " Charge Master" software for your PC, makes it easier to use.
I also bought the connector so I can hook it to a car battery or external DC power source.
I n external power I can charge 2 batteries at once at a 6 amp charge rate.

Reactions: Malibu_Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop