Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HiTech X2 First Charge

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Pilots! I just started charging a Q500 battery for the first time. I made the connection using the charging leads I purchased from Carolina Drones. I selected the 3s battery mode. I selected the 1A charge rate thinking low amperage may be the safe choice for an inexperienced operator. I have a couple of questions. When I started the charging cycle the voltage showed around 12.4. The voltage listed on the battery is 11.1. Is this a normal reading. Also, I purchased a new battery. Any special instructions on how to properly charge this battery for the first time? One more question. Is there any benefit to discharging the older batteries then recharging? As always, thank you for your advise!

Standard Q500 battery is a 5400 mAh 3S... so your setting for 3S is correct. But the charge rate you are thinking of is 1C not 1A... with this battery you should use a setting of 5.4 A to charge at a 1C rate.

What is the individual voltage reading for the 3 cells?

The first battery was stored at near full charge of 12.6 Volts. Normal storage voltage is 3.8 to 3.85 Volts per cell (so 11.4 to 1.55 Volts for Storage charge). EEV is correct for charge amperage. The easy way to determine the correct amperage to use is by the Ah rating of the battery pack (5400 mAh is 5.4 Ah so use 5.4 A while charging).

LiPo batteries are not like NiCd batteries and do not need to be fully discharged to prevent ‘memory’ problems. They should not be left depleted or fully charged for more than a few days. Always store at the proper storage voltage to extend the useful life of the battery.

There are many good articles on the web from reputable sources concerning LiPo care as well as a lot of good info in the forum. Use the forum search for LiPo care to see more info.

The first battery was stored at near full charge of 12.6 Volts. Normal storage voltage is 3.8 to 3.85 Volts per cell (so 11.4 to 1.55 Volts for Storage charge). EEV is correct for charge amperage. The easy way to determine the correct amperage to use is by the Ah rating of the battery pack (5400 mAh is 5.4 Ah so use 5.4 A while charging).

LiPo batteries are not like NiCd batteries and do not need to be fully discharged to prevent ‘memory’ problems. They should not be left depleted or fully charged for more than a few days. Always store at the proper storage voltage to extend the useful life of the battery.

There are many good articles on the web from reputable sources concerning LiPo care as well as a lot of good info in the forum. Use the forum search for LiPo care to see more info.

Okay, thanks for your reply!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder