Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Holy Island

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Also known as Lindisfarne is a tidal island off the coast of Northumberland in the extreme North East of England. Just a single flight from this spot though I did do other flights from other locations on the island, notably one to take in the tidal causeway...but that's another video to follow in the next couple of days.

Also known as Lindisfarne is a tidal island off the coast of Northumberland in the extreme North East of England. Just a single flight from this spot though I did do other flights from other locations on the island, notably one to take in the tidal causeway...but that's another video to follow in the next couple of days.
The water overcoming the causeway would make a great video.

The water overcoming the causeway would make a great video.
As I mentioned in another thread, I did return to the causeway later in the day at a time when I knew it would be flooded to use up a battery that I'd been saving to fly Bamburgh Castle, but when I got back there, there was an ongoing operation with what turned out to be a coast guard helicopter trying to land at the mainland end of the causeway. I initially thought it was an air ambulance but a news report my son came across said it was the coast guard.

I see that you have subscribed to my YouTube channel @oldcaptainrusty . What do you think of it?

Only stuff from my hobby flights are posted there for public viewing of course.

Great scenes.
If you're interested in that "pro" look, try making the scene edits on the music downbeat.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Great scenes.
If you're interested in that "pro" look, try making the scene edits on the music downbeat.
Too much hassle for recreational videos, but thanks for the remark. However, my 'pro' videos, which I never post here or anywhere else for public viewing (someone has paid for them), are edited entirely differently. Since a client has paid for it I put far more effort into post production and the music track...if it has one...fits the scene cuts more closely as you have suggested.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Too much hassle for recreational videos, but thanks for the remark. However, my 'pro' videos, which I never post here or anywhere else for public viewing (someone has paid for them), are edited entirely differently. Since a client has paid for it I put far more effort into post production and the music track...if it has one...fits the scene cuts more closely as you have suggested.
I always thought the photographer owned the work even though a client pays for the work, unless you signed over all rights to the work, and you were free to do as you wish. Not saying people are obligated to show their projects on here.

I always thought the photographer owned the work even though a client pays for the work, unless you signed over all rights to the work, and you were free to do as you wish. Not saying people are obligated to show their projects on here.
I normally keep copyright . Not making my 'paid for' imagery available for public viewing is simply a courtesy to my clients. I have on rare occasions in the past made such imagery publicly viewable but that is very much an exception to my rule. There have also been occasions where I've posted imagery captured from recreational flights that have subsequently been purchased (one of which opened up a lucrative door to an arrangement with a news media company) and when that happens I usually remove that imagery from public access.

Incidentally, the one exception to my retaining copyright is the work I do for that news media company. the deal includes all rights to the work so anything they buy I can't show through my own channels without their permission. The upside is that they pay well and keep me afloat.

Love it.

Lovely scenery we have up here.

Ps is that Filmora for PC you're using ?

Love your vids, gives me the opportunity to see places I'll never get to.
That's what it's all about. I love it when other people post vids here so I get to see places that I can't see otherwise.

I used to make my vids a lot longer in the past but as time has gone on I learned that I can just as easily tell a story with a much shorter vid and it more likely to be watched to the end. Much longer vids only lead to repetition and so are far more likely to just get boring and so only partly watched.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval