Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hope Yuneec come out a better camera for those TH user who wish to upgrade their CGO3+

Goh

Reaction score
Hope Yuneec please come out a better camera for those who whish to upgrade their CGO3+ .improve the Video and picture quality and sale separately.
For me I would not spend money for intel Real sense , I wish to have a better camera, so that my H will be a perfect machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.I. Thinker
Hope Yuneec please come out a better camera for those who whish to upgrade their CGO3+ .improve the Video and picture quality and can be zoom in and sale separately.
For me I would not spend money for intel Real sense , I wish to have a better camera, so that my H will be a perfect machine.

Good suggestion. Zoom is not a realistic option at this price point. Good 84 degree lens and better recording bitrate will do.

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
Sounds good to me.

I think zoom is out for any upgrade for the typhoon H. Even the X5 Raw camera at $3200 does not have zoom. Zoom also makes images less sharp unless your welling to spend a lot of money, Canon L lenses can cost thousands on their own.
If they would just get the CG03+ sharp out of the box I think most people would be happy from what I read. If you are looking for better you are going to need to make a big jump in price.
The only reason I'm holding off on getting an H is I'm waiting to see how the H Pro plays out. I'm not worried too much about the camera as I have seen some amazing footage from the H.

Hope Yuneec please come out a better camera for those who whish to upgrade their CGO3+ .improve the Video and picture quality and can be zoom in and sale separately.

I tend to agree with you here.

I can't justify spending money on real sense with the other limitation like camera and software.

I am afraid I will be jumping ship if some upgrades don't come our way soon. :(

I can't justify spending money on real sense with the other limitation like camera and software.

I'm with you JL. I'm pleased as heck with how my H flies and responds to the controls, but the camera has been a big bummer.

Yikes, one 300, other 500 for used(?). Back to the drawing board, lol. Me too poor already.
A camera like this would be like a step or two down from the X5 but 20 steps up from what we have in the H or even whats in the P4.
It makes total sense that they develop a modular camera way above whats currently available in this size/price range of coptors.
Theres even the case that lots of folk buy the Inspire Pro for the X5 but they are terrified to risk it on the Inspire, with this kind of setup they have a camera that is much better than the X3/CG3OP and a for many a welcome alternative to the big ticket price of the X5, throw this onto a coptor with 5 rotor redundancy and it's a no brainer they will sell like hot cakes.

I think zoom is out for any upgrade for the typhoon H. Even the X5 Raw camera at $3200 does not have zoom. Zoom also makes images less sharp unless your welling to spend a lot of money, Canon L lenses can cost thousands on their own.
If they would just get the CG03+ sharp out of the box I think most people would be happy from what I read. If you are looking for better you are going to need to make a big jump in price.
The only reason I'm holding off on getting an H is I'm waiting to see how the H Pro plays out. I'm not worried too much about the camera as I have seen some amazing footage from the H.
Yes,forget the zoom, at least come out a better camera for upgrading

Does the Yuneec rep not post here anymore? Lots of us have problems with the camera quality on this thing, you'd think they would be very interested in correcting it.

......The only reason I'm holding off on getting an H is I'm waiting to see how the H Pro plays out. I'm not worried too much about the camera as I have seen some amazing footage from the H.

I agree with you Brandon. I've been generally happy with my video from the CGO3+ so far. I think Yuneec will give H owners an improved camera modular option pretty soon. Even without RealSense, the H platform itself is fantastic. An improved camera will make it that much better.

Reactions: Rayray
I agree Yuneec has been very quiet over the camera issue and their delivery of firmware updates to solve a lot of issues, I was told yesterday by Yuneec tech that there is a firmware update coming out next month which addresses a lot of the issues, its seems this firmware update keeps being put back now another month, they should keep us users informed what going on by being silent they just lose their customers goodwill.

I agree Yuneec has been very quiet over the camera issue and their delivery of firmware updates to solve a lot of issues, I was told yesterday by Yuneec tech that there is a firmware update coming out next month which addresses a lot of the issues, its seems this firmware update keeps being put back now another month, they should keep us users informed what going on by being silent they just lose their customers goodwill.
It may be problematic and time consuming to get this firmware right and for the testing, after all they probably don't want to send out a poor firmware upgrade that doesn't address the issues, but the least they could do is tell us officially they are working on one instead of it coming via rumours in forums

Last edited:

DJI P5 is waiting for us

From what I've heard, the firmware that's due out includes 'a lot of fixes', which may be why it's taking time to get through testing. They seem to be pushing for the end of the month.

However, the sudden emergence of RealSense videos suggests that the firmware upgrade might be 'RealSense ready'. I could be making this up, but it would make sense if there are any changes needed for the firmware to make the launch machines work with the RealSense module?

No doubt some Yuneec reps are still reading this forum. Guys - I know the industry is notoriously secretive, but could you please give all your regional support centres the same information, or even have a central bug tracker we can check on so we're not all hassling you about stuff you already know and are working to fix? This is a grown up, modular system, so it'd be better than treating it like a piece of consumer junk that appears to receive no support.

From what I've heard, the firmware that's due out includes 'a lot of fixes', which may be why it's taking time to get through testing. They seem to be pushing for the end of the month.

However, the sudden emergence of RealSense videos suggests that the firmware upgrade might be 'RealSense ready'. I could be making this up, but it would make sense if there are any changes needed for the firmware to make the launch machines work with the RealSense module?

No doubt some Yuneec reps are still reading this forum. Guys - I know the industry is notoriously secretive, but could you please give all your regional support centres the same information, or even have a central bug tracker we can check on so we're not all hassling you about stuff you already know and are working to fix? This is a grown up, modular system, so it'd be better than treating it like a piece of consumer junk that appears to receive no support.
A centralised bug tracker sounds like a great way for Yuneec to deal this, they could acknowledge bugs, and give status updates on which bugs are being worked on. This H seems like it's a lot more sales than anything they've had before, and fro them to try to read at least the 4 dedicated H forums I've come across is not a realistic way for them to receive user feedback.
On another note, I've heard from beta testing that the long camera connection times have been fixed and it's now very quick to connect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval