Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horrible Yuneec Support

Reaction score
After waiting 30 minutes to talk with Yuneec Customer Support Rep, finally tried to explain what happened. When I was finished, he treated me like do-do and twisted what I said to the benefit of Yuneec. I explained that I had problems taking off in Smart Mode and he did explain the 26 foot rule, which I was not aware of. But after telling him that the Typhoon H/Real Sense (Maiden Flight) had landed, easy landing and flipped over on it's side, engine's running full blast, with me pushing the kill switch constantly, the motors stopped and got the 5 motor indication on the screen. No damage, but what the Typhoon H would not do is retract the legs even before I took off, I tested this feature.thinking that maybe I needed to be in the air before this would work. On the ground with no motors running, the legs would not retract originally. He claimed that the legs retracting were damaged by my "Crash" which did not happen.

I went ahead and found video on the legs not retracting on YouTube. Regardless, I went ahead and ordered up two new solenoids for the legs thinking a broken wire. Decided to take down the leg solenoids one at a time and no wires broken. Did remember the video saying they needed some slack, so when putting them back together made sure they had some slack. After following the YouTube video's instructions was able to make the legs work perfectly.

Believe this, Yuneec is just as money grubbing as the next corporation and their Customer Support is all about saving money for the company, "Not Helping the Customer".

After waiting 30 minutes to talk with Yuneec Customer Support Rep, finally tried to explain what happened. When I was finished, he treated me like do-do and twisted what I said to the benefit of Yuneec. I explained that I had problems taking off in Smart Mode and he did explain the 26 foot rule, which I was not aware of. But after telling him that the Typhoon H/Real Sense (Maiden Flight) had landed, easy landing and flipped over on it's side, engine's running full blast, with me pushing the kill switch constantly, the motors stopped and got the 5 motor indication on the screen. No damage, but what the Typhoon H would not do is retract the legs even before I took off, I tested this feature.thinking that maybe I needed to be in the air before this would work. On the ground with no motors running, the legs would not retract originally. He claimed that the legs retracting were damaged by my "Crash" which did not happen.

I went ahead and found video on the legs not retracting on YouTube. Regardless, I went ahead and ordered up two new solenoids for the legs thinking a broken wire. Decided to take down the leg solenoids one at a time and no wires broken. Did remember the video saying they needed some slack, so when putting them back together made sure they had some slack. After following the YouTube video's instructions was able to make the legs work perfectly.

Believe this, Yuneec is just as money grubbing as the next corporation and their Customer Support is all about saving money for the company, "Not Helping the Customer".

Oh so familer, they have caused a lot of folks to move to Dji, the customer service is now the same lol. So why not get a bird the doesn't turn itself on in mid flight.

o_O:confused:

Just call your telco Internet provider and see if you get better service. 30 min is pretty standard. In addition You are asking support for something you did wrong by not reading and learning the operations of your flying device.
I see no fault in Yuneec response.

Reactions: FlushVision

I went ahead and found video on the legs not retracting on YouTube. Regardless, I went ahead and ordered up two new solenoids for the legs thinking a broken wire. Decided to take down the leg solenoids one at a time and no wires broken. Did remember the video saying they needed some slack, so when putting them back together made sure they had some slack. After following the YouTube video's instructions was able to make the legs work perfectly..

If you're getting started I highly recommend Jeff Sibelius and Captain Drone videos on the Typhoon H on YouTube. They helped me understand the aircraft and how to get going.

Some things trouble me with this.

There's no name to associate with the customer service rep. If Yuneec has a CS rep that is treating the customer base poorly the name should be made public in order bring the attention of Yuneec management to a problem employee.

To me the real problem is the user and his lack of system knowledge. He didn't understand how Smart mode worked, meaning he never bothered to read the Quick Start Guide of perform any other due diligence regarding how the system worked, nor did he know the gear will not work in a motor off test unless the H is placed upside down. Both items are widely discussed on You Tube and in numerous multirotor forums where the H is the subject matter. Based upon the previous we could easily presume his "roll over" landing was caused by inexperience and fumbling the sticks after the H touched down. Had he watched You Tube a little earlier, and somewhat more expansively, he likely would have tried removing and re-installing the gear after the roll over to verify they were actually broken before buying any new parts.

Getting back to the CS reps, perhaps his or her perception was not out of line after all.

Reactions: Foundryratjim
The OP strikes me as having poor knowledge of the fundamentals of the H480. Attempted fly his aircraft without having read, and more importantly, understood the guides that came with his aircraft, and didn't do any meaningful research through YouTube instructional videos or such like, before taking to the air.

Clearly he fell victim both to the well publicised issues around flying his aircraft within the 'safe circle' and his own ignorance, then complains about Yuneec's CS attitude in dealing with his own shortcomings.

RTFM

Having said all that, though, I've noticed from posts over recent times that Yuneec's CS seems to have gotten worse. Their CS was rated as being far superior to that of the major competitor's CS. I actually think it still is superior, but not by as long a chalk as it once was. Yes, some people will have bad experiences and for them the CS is, to them, bad. Maybe it's down to the luck of the draw as to who you speak too. I dunno.

We are in agreement, Yuneec's customer service department has been degraded in several ways. The issues initiated with Yuneec's corporate re-structuring so I am presuming the reduction in service quality was initiated, and is being maintained, by upper management decision making. The employees are doing what they are being instructed to do, and limited by the staffing reductions, which has generated the long telephone wait times and increases in repair completion time. Contracting out for repair services is indicative of reductions in tech staffing levels.

The changes closely parallel the way DJI has been doing things for years, to the detriment of Yuneec's previous higher standards.

Reactions: FlushVision
By any chance did the change happen around the time that Intel committed $60 mil in funding (2015)??? Drones are a hotly contested market these days.

I had a similar experience with their customer service last week. The tech was rude and condescending. I think that it depends on who answers the phone that day how green the grass is on that side, if that makes any sense.

The complainer, Arkansas Pilot is the same person who had a beef about not able to fly in National Parks.
NAG, NAG, NAG!

I freely admitted that I was unaware of the 26 foot rule, but it was the Yuneec Service Rep's response, attitude and treatment that left so much to be desired. I am not wrong for calling out this Rep. I got the legs to retract and extend without replacing the modules. They have not even come in yet. I have been flying drones for a number of years, I have flown and built racers, own and fly, Phantom 2, Phantom 3 Standard and Pro, Phantom 4, Mavic and Spark. So by no means am I a beginner. I do take exception to other pilots putting me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bear in mind you were originally angry about the condescending tone of the CS rep after being treated like a newbie after asserting your landing gear was broken. A few took the time to help you check your landing gear, which amazingly, were not broken and now function. You bought something you didn't need due to lack of knowledge and experience. Might that CS rep have been correct in assessment but wrong in attitude? I suspect the assessment was correct where your knowledge of the H is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval