Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How does mAh translate 6300 mAh charged? It reads 2423 mAh

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
I looked, but couldn't find an answer, so here goes ? You have a 6300 mah battery, when fully charged it says 2423mah, a 5400 mah, fully charged its 3827 mah ? How do I understand these numbers ? I would think a 5400 fully charged would read 5400 mah ?

To verify total battery capacity requires equipment equal to that found in electrical testing labs. Common chargers can only provide data for measured voltage, milliAmps in and milliAmps out. If equipped with the feature some chargers can also provide resistance in milliOhms.

Unless we choose to destroy a battery in destructive testing we have to trust battery manufacturers when they provide us information referencing total capacities. If we were to fully discharge a fully charged battery to assess milliAmps out the act would, in one manner or another, ruin the battery forever. Making that even more difficult, most chargers have a discharge cut off level that would prevent total discharge.

The policy of “trusting” the manufacturers has caused more than a little aggravation in the past with Yuneec branded batteries as they admittedly labeled Q-500/Chroma batteries as 5400mA when in fact they were 6300mA capacity. Yuneec branded batteries for the Typhoon H 480 are labeled as 5400mA capacity but provide pretty much the same flight time as 6300mA battery under identical conditions.

Short version; your battery will only tell you what you took out or put in when an action is performed on the charger.

To verify total battery capacity requires equipment equal to that found in electrical testing labs. Common chargers can only provide data for measured voltage, milliAmps in and milliAmps out. If equipped with the feature some chargers can also provide resistance in milliOhms.

Unless we choose to destroy a battery in destructive testing we have to trust battery manufacturers when they provide us information referencing total capacities. If we were to fully discharge a fully charged battery to assess milliAmps out the act would, in one manner or another, ruin the battery forever. Making that even more difficult, most chargers have a discharge cut off level that would prevent total discharge.

The policy of “trusting” the manufacturers has caused more than a little aggravation in the past with Yuneec branded batteries as they admittedly labeled Q-500/Chroma batteries as 5400mA when in fact they were 630A capacity. Yuneec branded batteries for the Typhoon H 480 are labeled as 5400mA capacity but provide pretty much the same flight time as 6300mA battery under identical conditions.

Short version; your battery will only tell you what you took out or put in when an action is performed on the charger.
Thank you pat, I'm only trying to get a grip / understanding of all of this, and I am forever grateful for this forum, and the people like you that respond time, and time again ?

Sharing experience and knowledge is how people that lack either gain knowledge and avoid expensive mistakes while obtaining experience.

When things work right it’s part of a natural cycle of growth.

Reactions: Andrew Grant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace