Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How fast have you had your H going?

Reaction score
How fast have you had your H going in Angle mode?

I'm asking because 12 MPH ground speed is all I can get out of mine, shown on the display at least.

I bought a DJI phantom 3 pro a few weeks back, I exchanged it for the H last week, and so far, I hate to say it, but I'm not impressed. I'm not trying to offend anyhow. I love the design of the H and I want to make it work, but I've flown quads for years, and sometimes, I just want to fly. But everything seems so slow, It is definitely in Angle mode, is there something I'm missing? Or is that really the top speed when flying manually?

UPDATE:

I specifically set the rabbit/turtle control to turtle, I was thinking it controlled how fast the controls react. Then I forgot all about it. I'll post another update after I fly with the speed turned up, I'm sure that's my problem.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What is your speed slider at? The H is no racing quad but it does move a lot faster than what you are describing ...

Reactions: Wolffmann34
Oops, forgot about the object avoidance

I'm asking because 12 MPH ground speed is all I can get out of mine, shown on the display at least.

I bought a DJI phantom 3 pro a few weeks back, I exchanged it for the H last week, and so far, I hate to say it, but I'm not impressed. I'm not trying to offend anyhow. I love the design of the H and I want to make it work, but I've flown quads for years, and sometimes, I just want to fly. But everything seems so slow, It is definitely in Angle mode, is there something I'm missing? Or is that really the top speed when flying manually?

I've had my H to 45 mph in follow, my P3P was good for about 35 mph in follow. Be sure to turn off obstacle avoidance.

Rabbit mode, I totally forgot about the slider back there.

Yes, object avoidance is off.

Another challenge solved. The H is definitely much more challenging to operate, but it is more satisfying when you find solutions. I had loose camera gimbal, two connectors stuck down on the bottom of the unit where the gimbal connects, and yes, it does take a few tries to get the camera to connect.

Thanks guys!
I knew you'd have the answer.

You should get about 30 mph out of it.
Gotta be in angle mode, slider to rabbit, obstacle avoidance off.
Everything else will slow it down.

Should have kept the Phantom. ;)

41 MPH in angle mode, obstacle avoidance off and full rabbit mode

Well, after remembering the rabbit control, I now have a top speed in Angle mode of 31 MPH, much better.

It will go faster in follow me mode

With angle mode obsticle avoidance of im only getting 25ish mph? I have about 200 minutes of flying and now that im comfortable i have been testing my speed.
Im adjusted all the way into rabbit mode. Angle mode with obsticle avoidance off but still only get speeds in the 20's

You can turn your GPS off also it will go about 60

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
63 MPH no GPS and going with the wind.
Can get away from you really quick in non GPS mode.
Next time the wind kicks up around here, want to see what she will do without the camera.

Yep! Turn the GPS off, OBS off, Angle mode and Rabbit mode... H will definitely go fast... really fast. Just make sure you know what you are doing because with the GPS off the H will drift with the wind direction when you let go of the sticks.

I understand it will go faster with gps off but why cant i go any faster with the gps on. I see speeds faster then 30 mph posted by other users.

Only has so much computing power to keep track of and hold position with GPS On. If flying with a cross wind, GPS on, she will hold direction of travel and NOT drift.
With GPS off, you have to compensate for the wind yourself.
I am sure she can go faster with GPS on, but Yuneec wants a safety margin.

72 mph. That was non gps mode at about 300 feet and a serious tail wind. Wind was over 20 mph on the ground, no telling how strong it was up there. I was still gaining speed but got scared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval