Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How long does ST16 battery last?

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H on order and have been trying to learn as much about it as I can before it gets here. I read about the flight times on a battery, but am wondering about the ST16. If I have multiple batteries for the Typhoon will I have enough battery in the ST16 for multiple flights?
Thanks

I have a Typhoon H on order and have been trying to learn as much about it as I can before it gets here. I read about the flight times on a battery, but am wondering about the ST16. If I have multiple batteries for the Typhoon will I have enough battery in the ST16 for multiple flights?
Thanks
Thanks Steve.
Thanks
JS! For the H I now use 3 GiFI Power 8050mA, charged/recharged about 13 times and they give me about 14-17minutes in average. So far so good.

Get you one of those Car outlet to USB outlets, Make sure you get one that provides a minimum of 1.5 amps. Some of those you get at the gas station convenience stores only provide about 0.5 amps or less. You can always keep your ST-16 topped off that way.

The ST-16 will fly at least 8 batteries on a single charge.

Just don’t forget to charge that puppy up before next time. Do you know how many times I have went to the field to realize I forgot to charge the transmitter. I just charge when it hits 50 percent to that doesn’t happen.

Reactions: Hippy43
I’ve done a full day of flying 2.5 hours of airtime total on one battery in the ST. I keep a backup USB power battery like Steve suggested ready in case I can’t get back to car or land power when on overnight trips. I also purchased a full dry cell car starting battery that provides 110 AC and USB power so I can power external monitors and accessories. It’s the best 100.00 $ I’ve spent.

PatR, have you ever flewn 8 (!) batteries on a single charge?? How many minutes approx?

Many times. I measure battery time by the period the motors are turning, from start to stop. That’s kind of important because the time spent with the aircraft and ST-16 powered up during camera set up and pre-flight checks is not included in the time factor. It would be fair and reasonable to add 5 minutes for each battery to flight time totals for actual battery use time.

With that in mind my flights average around 10 minutes, with some a little less and some up to about 12-14 minutes. I always land by or before the flight battery reaches 14.4v so I never get the first battery level warning. The ST-16 is usually near the 50%-55% level after 8 batteries after starting fully charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22