Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many satellites does a Typhoon H minimal need to operate without problems?

Are you talking about the Pro model? It has IPS, which is supposed to stabilize the H indoors.
The advanced version. I am reading of people wanting to set the GPS on/off to the extra AUX switch.
Wouldn't you always want the GPS on?
My only thoughts would be that maybe you might turn them off if your were flying indoors.
Is this true?

The advanced version. I am reading of people wanting to set the GPS on/off to the extra AUX switch.
Wouldn't you always want the GPS on?
My only thoughts would be that maybe you might turn them off if your were flying indoors.
Is this true?
You would want to turn GPS off for smoother starts and stops. Also it is nice to be able to quickly turn GPS off to avoid a flyaway if it is confused.

Is this true?

Yeah. Not much choice, really, 'cause you ain't gonna get any GPS lock indoors. I think Yuneec recommends that the Advanced not be flown indoors. Only a model with IPS.

10, still wonky if you have 10 near big trees forest areas where I try to get 12+

I had seven yesterday and lost full connection all at once. The Typhoon H didn't RTH. It sat in place hovering until I walked into control range again. Did it not return to home because of a low satellite lock?

It still had a partial RC link but not enough to respond to commands but too much to auto return to the controller. Call it a confused state if you will. Since it didn’t know where to go it did the next best thing and went nowhere.

I think you should consider the # of GPS satellites the H has a fix on *and* the number of GPS satellites the ST16 has a fix on. Both are important especially for RTH. "Home" in RTH refers to where the ST16 is NOT where you took off from.

For me personally, I would never take off with only 7 GPS satellites for the H.

I think you should consider the # of GPS satellites the H has a fix on *and* the number of GPS satellites the ST16 has a fix on. Both are important especially for RTH. "Home" in RTH refers to where the ST16 is NOT where you took off from.

For me personally, I would never take off with only 7 GPS satellites for the H.
Not my gut feeling either but when you have a job to do and the props turn....
In hindsight, I could've used another drone but this is the new one that has to earn my trust. We are still at an impasse.

In my experience it takes a while to get comfortable with the H. There's a lot of things you have to consider that other drones either hide from you or gloss over. Once you're confident with the H though its an incredible aircraft capable of things a lot of other drones in the price range can't do.

Yes does take a bit of time to get the hang of the h . It does a lot of things other drones can’t do . I thought my crash last week was from trying to fly without gps but I found out differently. I had never preformed a accelerometer calibration and that I caused the h to fly at a weird angle and crashed upon landing.

While we're discussing my H ignorance so to speak [emoji16], the sticks don't seem real responsive. For example, if I'm lining up a shot and need to turn slightly, just bumping the rudder a little doesn't work. So you move it further and go too far the other way. I can spend half a battery framing a still.
And.... camera fisheye. If I angle the camera slightly down, I'm straightening a rounded picture in post.
Are these things the H or me?

Btw, I figured out how to adjust the stick speed. I just haven't found the setting to give me the sensitivity I need yet.

You might also cleaning the stick pots. If it was sitting a long time before you bought it there could be a little corrosion in them that’s slowing response. Use the search tool in here for a bunch of posts on that.

Not trying to tell you how to run a business but for me new drones don’t go to work until I’ve become comfortable with them. Much less risk that way.

Reactions: FlushVision
They make a debut but I always have at least two old faithful aircrafts on me as well.
Well done you. I'm all an favor of a drone business having at least two aircraft to call upon. Less chance of letting a client down and, probably more importantly, not finishing up standing there looking stupid with your reputation in tatters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18