Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to connect to Typhoon H GUI ?

There's still a lot of desk tops out there, along with laptops intended more for corporate use that still have serial ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree there are, still have few laptops and one desk top with serial ports. When I connect to the H I used a USB cable but
under Edit, connect was, was marked serial port? Anyways it all works now.

Still working on GUI, will uninstall everything and retry. Don't know why it even mention serial ports, not many of those around with everything USB 3.0 now.

Yes they are behind a few steps.... hence all the firmware update messes. You have to download the driver to set up the com port that recognizes the TH. There are very good tutorials on this with the GUI download on the YUNEEC sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

With GUI there a link for drivers to install too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The USB driver for the GUI seems to act as a virtual serial converter. I hoped to scan the COM port while the GUI was operating thinking the serial data being passed to/from the GUI might be plain text...it isn't. Without a frame of reference or manual it's difficult to decipher.

The USB driver for the GUI seems to act as a virtual serial converter. I hoped to scan the COM port while the GUI was operating thinking the serial data being passed to/from the GUI might be plain text...it isn't. Without a frame of reference or manual it's difficult to decipher.

I have Windows 10 and a new Typhoon H Pro. I was unable to connect to the GUI until:

(1) Use the uncovered, downwards facing USB port on the Typhoon

(2) Select Serial Port connection

(3) Look at the Device Manager on your computer and see what COM port is assigned

(4) In <Settings> on the GUI, select the Serial Port tab and then select the appropriate COM port.

Worked instantly.... After about a half hour of mucking around and reading.

Also One more thing... If you want to be able to change the Geo Fencing,
don't use the newer GUI Version 1.18 it doesn't let you modify distances!

For Geofencing Modes use older version 1.07 Here:

Typhoon H Graphic User Interface (GUI)

Hope it helps!

I have connected fine with the GUI and changed geofence settings and altitude closed it all out correctly and it's still the same as factory. Will the above version 1.07 work with the new November firmware release

Note that new forum member skyfotos.net (Karl) has found the solution to this problem. (I initially wrote "The final solution," but realized THAT phrase has a very negative history and connotation!)

Apparently there WAS something wrong with the STM GUI interface download for the Typhoon H as it appeared on Yuneec's download page, prohibiting the software from operating properly or connecting to the aircraft. Skyfotos.net (Karl) provided this link: STSW-STM32102 - STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver - STMicroelectronics - STMicroelectronics (found in his thread on the Typhoon H Help page titled "[SOLVED] GUI Connection...." posted yesterday) to a new STM GUI program download that fixes the problems found in Yuneec's errant GUI download.

Hats off to Karl. I downloaded the link he posted, installed the updated software, and the GUI was up and running as it should be, connecting fine with the Typhoon. A Yuneec tech I spoke with just days ago was clueless about this solution to their problem. So I thank Karl for providing the correct answer to this problem that had so many stumped.

Sorry to resurrect an old post. I just got my H Pro and took it to work so I would have more time to set her up! I can't seem to find the white USB port connector for the GUI that my Q500 4K came with. I'll look again but, I have looked in every pocket and nook of the backpack and haven't found it. Is it hidden somewhere secretly? Will the USB connector from my Q500 work? (of course it's at home and won't be off work until tomorrow.):( I'll do all the updates I guess I'll have to wait to access GUI tomorrow.

Update: I think I figured this out. It seems the port on the bird is a mini USB port not a connector. So I guess I can use the supplied USB cable for charging the ST16? :D

Note that new forum member skyfotos.net (Karl) has found the solution to this problem. (I initially wrote "The final solution," but realized THAT phrase has a very negative history and connotation!)

Apparently there WAS something wrong with the STM GUI interface download for the Typhoon H as it appeared on Yuneec's download page, prohibiting the software from operating properly or connecting to the aircraft. Skyfotos.net (Karl) provided this link: STSW-STM32102 - STM32 Virtual COM Port Driver - STMicroelectronics - STMicroelectronics (found in his thread on the Typhoon H Help page titled "[SOLVED] GUI Connection...." posted yesterday) to a new STM GUI program download that fixes the problems found in Yuneec's errant GUI download.

Hats off to Karl. I downloaded the link he posted, installed the updated software, and the GUI was up and running as it should be, connecting fine with the Typhoon. A Yuneec tech I spoke with just days ago was clueless about this solution to their problem. So I thank Karl for providing the correct answer to this problem that had so many stumped.

I tried this and it did not resolve the issue. The GUI crashes as soon as I start it. re-installing does not help either.

Let me add to this thread for posterity that this issue was resolved when I:
1. downgraded the GUI to v1.07
2. Used the Yuneec provided USB cable (no idea why but hey, it works now :mad::rolleyes: )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430