Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to find a camera rotation fault.

Reaction score
Typhoon H, CGo3 + camera. The drone crashed, the chassis was raised. Camera just bent. Cannot shoot with ST16. You can find where the defect is. 1. Are the bearings difficult? 2. Are the engines bad? Is there any software to detect good motors or bad bearings?
I write differently for the translation:
The camera is bent after an impact. I don't know where the defect is. Is the bearing or motors defective? The GUI didn't tell me. How do I find it. There is a bad, crooked bearing or there is a motor fault. The camera has good photo and video. But I have to turn my hand after the accident. Thank you for the information.

@RudaR,
K poskytnutí užitečné odpovědi budeme potřebovat více podrobností.
Udržuje kamera stabilní polohu (stabilní)?
Vydává nějaké zvukové kódy? Pokud ano, kolik dlouhých a kolik krátkých pípnutí?
Která část kamery byla ohnutá?
Podařilo se vám ohyb narovnat?
Pokud můžete pořídit videozáznam chování, bude to nejjednodušší způsob, jak zjistit, co dělá.

Také pokud napíšete příspěvek ve svém rodném jazyce i v angličtině, dá nám to další šanci pochopit podrobnosti problému.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

We will need more details to provide a useful answer.
Does the camera hold a steady position (stabilized)?
Does it give any beep codes? If so, how many long and how many short beeps?
What part of the camera was bent?
Were you able to straighten the bend?
If you can do a video of the behavior, that will be the easiest way to see what it is doing.

Also, if you will write in your native language as well as in English, it gives us another way to understand the details of the problem.

Typhoon H, CGo3 + camera. The drone crashed, the chassis was raised. Camera just bent. Cannot shoot with ST16. You can find where the defect is. 1. Are the bearings difficult? 2. Are the engines bad? Is there any software to detect good motors or bad bearings?
I write differently for the translation:
The camera is bent after an impact. I don't know where the defect is. Is the bearing or motors defective? The GUI didn't tell me. How do I find it. There is a bad, crooked bearing or there is a motor fault. The camera has good photo and video. But I have to turn my hand after the accident. Thank you for the information.
Ruda. Same thing happened to me.I crashed into my travel trailer a year ago. Camera was damaged. I was going to straighten it and when I started to take it apart I changed my mind. I sent it to yuneec skins and waited a few weeks. He said it was in bad shape ,as most of the time when they are bent too much damage occurs. So he made me a deal on a refurbished camera. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and after re-bind process all works great. He gave me some trade in for my old bent camera. I took off too quick without the wait for sats in an interference area too close to antennaes metal vehicles etc. I paid the price. Was not the drones fault. Peace. KC

@RudaR,
K poskytnutí užitečné odpovědi budeme potřebovat více podrobností.
Udržuje kamera stabilní polohu (stabilní)?
Vydává nějaké zvukové kódy? Pokud ano, kolik dlouhých a kolik krátkých pípnutí?
Která část kamery byla ohnutá?
Podařilo se vám ohyb narovnat?
Pokud můžete pořídit videozáznam chování, bude to nejjednodušší způsob, jak zjistit, co dělá.

Také pokud napíšete příspěvek ve svém rodném jazyce i v angličtině, dá nám to další šanci pochopit podrobnosti problému.

We will need more details to provide a useful answer.
Does the camera hold a steady position (stabilized)?
Does it give any beep codes? If so, how many long and how many short beeps?
What part of the camera was bent?
Were you able to straighten the bend?
If you can do a video of the behavior, that will be the easiest way to see what it is doing.

Also, if you will write in your native language as well as in English, it gives us another way to understand the details of the problem.
The camera has a good photo and good video. He has a bent posture after an accident. The drone fell with the import wheel raised (feet up). When turned on, the camera jerks, sometimes moving on its own, but does not have the power to rotate. He whistles briefly once. The camera has bent curtains. I don't know if the engines are good. How to test engines? Are the bearings curved? I don't know. When the engines are good, I can try to straighten the grip. If the engines are bad, drop the camera. Ask us. I'll disassemble the camera. I'm just sending a photo. I can't send 5MB video.

Kamera má dobré foto a dobré video. Má ohnuté držení po havarii. Dron spadnul se zdviženým dovozkem (nohami nahoru). Po zapnutí kamera se cukne, také se někdy sama pohne, ale nemá sílu točit. Jednou krátce pískne. Kamera má ohnuté závěsy. Nevím jestli jsou motory dobré. Jak vyzkoušet motory? Jsou ložiska křivé? Nevím. Když jsou motory dobré, můžu zkusit narovnat držení. Když jsou motory špatné, tak kameru zahodit. Ptej se. Kameru rozeberu. Posílám jen foto. Video 5MB neumím poslat.

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_085432-12.jpg
    IMG_20210518_085432-12.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210518_085500-2.jpg
    IMG_20210518_085500-2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
The camera has a good photo and good video. He has a bent posture after an accident. The drone fell with the import wheel raised (feet up). When turned on, the camera jerks, sometimes moving on its own, but does not have the power to rotate. He whistles briefly once. The camera has bent curtains. I don't know if the engines are good. How to test engines? Are the bearings curved? I don't know. When the engines are good, I can try to straighten the grip. If the engines are bad, drop the camera. Ask us. I'll disassemble the camera. I'm just sending a photo. I can't send 5MB video.

Kamera má dobré foto a dobré video. Má ohnuté držení po havarii. Dron spadnul se zdviženým dovozkem (nohami nahoru). Po zapnutí kamera se cukne, také se někdy sama pohne, ale nemá sílu točit. Jednou krátce pískne. Kamera má ohnuté závěsy. Nevím jestli jsou motory dobré. Jak vyzkoušet motory? Jsou ložiska křivé? Nevím. Když jsou motory dobré, můžu zkusit narovnat držení. Když jsou motory špatné, tak kameru zahodit. Ptej se. Kameru rozeberu. Posílám jen foto. Video 5MB neumím poslat.
@RudaR,
Pípnutí, které uslyšíte, je obvykle začátek kódových zpráv. Kardan má potíže se sdělením svých problémů. I když je pravděpodobně možné ji opravit, nemusí to být praktické. Ohnuté části rámu lze často narovnat. Ohnuté hřídele motoru lze někdy narovnat.
Existují i další oblasti, které mohou způsobovat některé z problémů, které vidíte. Zkontrolujte barevné dráty kluzného kroužku v horním držáku. Pravděpodobně jsou tam přestřižené dráty nebo dráty skřípnuté k sobě. Sejměte také kulatý kryt těsně nad koulí kamery a podívejte se, zda nejsou poškozené konektory na desce kardanu. Podívejte se na poškozené vodiče v místě připojení vodorovných ramen ke svislému rameni.

The beep you hear is usually the beginning of code messages. The gimbal board is having trouble communicating its problems. While it is probably possible to fix it, it may not be practical. Bent parts of the frame can often be straightened. Bent motor shafts can sometimes be straightened.
There are other areas that may be causing some of the problems you see. Check the colored slip ring wires in the top bracket. There are probably cut wires or wires pinched together. Also remove the round cover just above the camera ball and look for damaged connectors on the gimbal board. Look for damaged wires where the horizontal arms connect to the vertical arm.

@RudaR,
Pípnutí, které uslyšíte, je obvykle začátek kódových zpráv. Kardan má potíže se sdělením svých problémů. I když je pravděpodobně možné ji opravit, nemusí to být praktické. Ohnuté části rámu lze často narovnat. Ohnuté hřídele motoru lze někdy narovnat.
Existují i další oblasti, které mohou způsobovat některé z problémů, které vidíte. Zkontrolujte barevné dráty kluzného kroužku v horním držáku. Pravděpodobně jsou tam přestřižené dráty nebo dráty skřípnuté k sobě. Sejměte také kulatý kryt těsně nad koulí kamery a podívejte se, zda nejsou poškozené konektory na desce kardanu. Podívejte se na poškozené vodiče v místě připojení vodorovných ramen ke svislému rameni.

The beep you hear is usually the beginning of code messages. The gimbal board is having trouble communicating its problems. While it is probably possible to fix it, it may not be practical. Bent parts of the frame can often be straightened. Bent motor shafts can sometimes be straightened.
There are other areas that may be causing some of the problems you see. Check the colored slip ring wires in the top bracket. There are probably cut wires or wires pinched together. Also remove the round cover just above the camera ball and look for damaged connectors on the gimbal board. Look for damaged wires where the horizontal arms connect to the vertical arm.
Děkuji za odpověď. Mám dobrou zprávu. Při staru ST16+Typhon H se kamera pohnula trochu do strany a také i dolu. Musím se dobře připravit než udělám demontáž.
Je software na kontrolu motorů? Jak zjistit zda motory mají dobrou sílu.

Thank you for answer. I have good news. With the old ST16 + Typhon H, the camera moved a little to the side and also down. I have to prepare well before I do the disassembly. Is the engine control software? How to find out if engines have good power.

Děkuji za odpověď. Mám dobrou zprávu. Při staru ST16+Typhon H se kamera pohnula trochu do strany a také i dolu. Musím se dobře připravit než udělám demontáž.

Thank you for answer. I have good news. With the old ST16 + Typhon H, the camera moved a little to the side and also down. I have to prepare well before I do the disassembly. Is the engine control software? How to find out if engines have good power.
To je dobrá zpráva. Tato zpráva naznačuje, že fotoaparát možná bude třeba pouze narovnat.
This is good news. This news suggests the camera may only need to be straightened.

Servisní střediska společnosti Yuneec mají software, který dokáže motory zkontrolovat. Tento software není uživatelům k dispozici. Ve fotoaparátu je zabudována omezená kontrola motoru, která se spustí při každém spuštění fotoaparátu. Pokud některý motor kontrolou neprojde, měl by se ozvat kód a kardan kamery nebude stabilní. Tato vestavěná kontrola nedetekuje malé ohnutí hřídele motoru. Zdá se, že vaše motory mohou být v pořádku. Bohužel to nebudete vědět jistě, dokud nebude rám narovnán.

Is there software to check the engines? How to find out if the motors have good power.
The Yuneec Service centers have software that can check the motors. That software is not available to the users. There is a limited motor check built into the camera that runs each time the camera is started. If any motor fails the check, it should sound a code, and the camera gimbal will not become stable. This built in check does not detect small bends in the motor shaft. It sounds like your motors may be good. Unfortunately, You will not know for sure until the frame is straightened.

To je dobrá zpráva. Tato zpráva naznačuje, že fotoaparát možná bude třeba pouze narovnat.
This is good news. This news suggests the camera may only need to be straightened.

Servisní střediska společnosti Yuneec mají software, který dokáže motory zkontrolovat. Tento software není uživatelům k dispozici. Ve fotoaparátu je zabudována omezená kontrola motoru, která se spustí při každém spuštění fotoaparátu. Pokud některý motor kontrolou neprojde, měl by se ozvat kód a kardan kamery nebude stabilní. Tato vestavěná kontrola nedetekuje malé ohnutí hřídele motoru. Zdá se, že vaše motory mohou být v pořádku. Bohužel to nebudete vědět jistě, dokud nebude rám narovnán.

Is there software to check the engines? How to find out if the motors have good power.
The Yuneec Service centers have software that can check the motors. That software is not available to the users. There is a limited motor check built into the camera that runs each time the camera is started. If any motor fails the check, it should sound a code, and the camera gimbal will not become stable. This built in check does not detect small bends in the motor shaft. It sounds like your motors may be good. Unfortunately, You will not know for sure until the frame is straightened.
Vše do servisu? Nejde to opravit. To je problém. Zase Servis. Já jsem to rozebral. Prasklý kroužek , špatně letované kontakty na desce kamery, odpadly konektory, pod mikroskopem jsem to zaletoval. Z ložiska kamery vypadlo kousek oceli. Proto se netočila do strany. Závěs jsem narovnal. Po odpočinku to budu montovat dohromady. Hodně práce, oprava se nevyplatí. Raději zahodit kameru. Každý šroubek je jiný. Mnoho hodin demontáž a mnoho hodin bude montáž. A kamera nebude fungovat. Není dobře uděláno. Po každém pádu je kamera zničená. Škoda kamery je vysoká. Raději kupovat jiný dron s kamerou nahoře. Yvednou se nohy a při poruše spadne dron na kameru !! Každý malý pád je hodně USD. Nemám náladu na Typhon.

Everything for service? It can't be fixed. That's a problem. Zase Servis. I took it apart. The cracked ring, the badly soldered contacts on the camera board, the connectors fell off, I soldered it under the microscope. A piece of steel fell out of the camera bearing. That's why she didn't turn sideways. I straightened the curtain. After the rest I will assemble it together. Lots of work, repair doesn't pay off. I'd rather drop the camera. Each screw is different. Many hours of disassembly and many hours of assembly. And the camera will not work. Not well done. After each fall, the camera is destroyed. Camera damage is high. Better buy another drone with a camera on top. The legs rise and in case of failure the drone falls on the camera !! Every little fall is a lot of USD. I'm not in the mood for Typhon.

Most every drone on the market ends up with camera damage in a crash. I see it in every manufacturer’s forums. Just the nature of the beast.

Rudo. Totéž se stalo mně. Před rokem jsem narazil do mého cestovního přívěsu. Kamera byla poškozena. Chystal jsem se to narovnat a když jsem to začal rozebírat, rozmyslel jsem si to. Poslal jsem to do skinů yuneec a čekal jsem několik týdnů. Řekl, že to bylo ve špatném stavu, protože většinou dochází k příliš velkému poškození, když jsou ohnuté. Takže mi udělal dohodu na renovované kameře. Včera jsem to poprvé vyzkoušel a po opětovném připojení vše funguje skvěle. Dal mi nějaký obchod za můj starý ohnutý fotoaparát. Vzlétl jsem příliš rychle, aniž bych čekal na satelity v rušivé oblasti příliš blízko antén, kovových vozidel atd. Zaplatil jsem cenu. Nebyla to chyba dronů. Mír. KC

Ahoj. Kameru jsem rozebral. Jak píšeš je to velká práce. Kbybych pracoval jako technik ve firmě Yuneec a přišel bych do práce a dali mi kameru opravit, řekl bych že jsem nemocný a šel bych domu. Já jsem rád, že se mi to podařilo zase zašroubovat. Kdo to nedělal, neví co to je za práci. Každý čroube jiný. Upadl mi také jeden kabel. Letovat v tomo je malý zázrak.. My nemáme náhradní díly. Byl špatně přidělaný konektor, ten mi upadl a musel jsem pod mikroskopem letovat. Ohnuté věci jsem narovnal, ale našel jsem kousek železa v motoru.

Konec. Kamera po ,,mojí" opravě chodí, ale motory kameru neotáčejí. Budu natáčet dron. Motory kupovat nebudu. Rada: nezvedat podvozek. Po pádu je velká škoda na kameře.
Ruda. Same thing happened to me.I crashed into my travel trailer a year ago. Camera was damaged. I was going to straighten it and when I started to take it apart I changed my mind. I sent it to yuneec skins and waited a few weeks. He said it was in bad shape ,as most of the time when they are bent too much damage occurs. So he made me a deal on a refurbished camera. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and after re-bind process all works great. He gave me some trade in for my old bent camera. I took off too quick without the wait for sats in an interference area too close to antennaes metal vehicles etc. I paid the price. Was not the drones fault. Peace. KC

Hey. Hey. I took the camera apart. As you say, it's a big job. If I was working as a technician at Yuneec and I came to work and had the camera repaired, I'd say I was sick and go home. I'm just glad I was able to screw it back together. If you haven't done it, you don't know what a job it is. Everybody's different. I also dropped a cable. It's a minor miracle we don't have spare parts. There was a connector that fell off and I had to solder it under the microscope. I straightened out the bent stuff, but found a piece of iron in the motor.

The end. The camera works after "my" repair, but the motors don't turn the camera. I'm going to film the drone. I'm not buying motors. Advice: don't lift the landing gear. There's a lot of damage to the camera after the crash.

Hello. I disassembled the camera. As you write, it's a big job. If I worked as a technician at Yuneec and I came to work and had my camera repaired, I would say I was sick and I would go home. I'm glad I was able to screw it back on. Those who haven't done it don't know what kind of work it is. Each screwes the other. I also dropped one cable. Flying in this is a small miracle .. We don't have spare parts. The connector was badly attached, it fell off and I had to solder under a microscope. I straightened the bent things, but found a piece of iron in the engine. End. The camera goes after "my" repair, but the engines don't turn the camera. I'll shoot the drone. I won't buy the engines. Tip: don't raise the chassis. There's a lot of damage to the camera after the fall.

Hello. I disassembled the camera. As you write, it's a big job. If I worked as a technician at Yuneec and I came to work and had my camera repaired, I would say I was sick and I would go home. I'm glad I was able to screw it back on. Those who haven't done it don't know what kind of work it is. Each screw is different. I also dropped one cable. Flying in this is a small miracle .. We don't have spare parts. The connector was badly attached, it fell off and I had to solder under a microscope. I straightened the bent things, but found a piece of iron in the engine. End. The camera goes after "my" repair, but the engines don't turn the camera. I'll shoot the drone. I won't buy the engines. Tip: don't raise the chassis. There's a lot of damage to the camera after the fall.

Ahoj. Kameru jsem rozebral. Jak píšeš je to velká práce. Kbybych pracoval jako technik ve firmě Yuneec a přišel bych do práce a dali mi kameru opravit, řekl bych že jsem nemocný a šel bych domu. Já jsem rád, že se mi to podařilo zase zašroubovat. Kdo to nedělal, neví co to je za práci. Každý šroubek je jiný. Upadl mi také jeden kabel. Letovat v tomo je malý zázrak.. My nemáme náhradní díly. Byl špatně přidělaný konektor, ten mi upadl a musel jsem pod mikroskopem letovat. Ohnuté věci jsem narovnal, ale našel jsem kousek železa v motoru.

Konec. Kamera po ,,mojí" opravě chodí, ale motory kameru neotáčejí. Budu natáčet dron. Motory kupovat nebudu. Rada: nezvedat podvozek. Po pádu je velká škoda na kameře.

WTFDproject also helped me. Really big, big, big job of what you did. I also took a photo and I know what kind of work it is and a lot of hours to do the documentation and your WTFDproject. You have a nice photo here.

Pomohl mi i WTFDproject. Opravdu veliká, veliká, veliká práce co jste udělal. Také jsem dělal foto a vím co je to za práci a hodně hodin udělat dokumentaci a Váš WTFDproject.
Máte tady pěknou fotografii.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval