Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to get your ST-16 to connect to the camera in 15 seconds or less!

Reaction score
I may get blasted for this one because it goes against Yuneec's instructions and old school RC decorum but here is how to get your ST-16 to connect to the camera in 15 seconds or less.

First turn on your Typhoon H and wait for the little "doo doo dee" sound. As soon as you hear that sound, turn on your ST-16 transmitter. As soon as the welcome screens are done and the flight screen is displayed, the camera will be connected in 15 seconds or less.

I have done this every time for the past 3 weeks and have not had a single issue with the aircraft itself or connection time to the camera. I HAVE however had long connection times when doing things the traditional way of turning on the tranmitter first. To each his own but I'm just saying, give it a shot :)

I may get blasted for this one because it goes against Yuneec's instructions and old school RC decorum but here is how to get your ST-16 to connect to the camera in 15 seconds or less.

First turn on your Typhoon H and wait for the little "doo doo dee" sound. As soon as you hear that sound, turn on your ST-16 transmitter. As soon as the welcome screens are done and the flight screen is displayed, the camera will be connected in 15 seconds or less.

I have done this every time for the past 3 weeks and have not had a single issue with the aircraft itself or connection time to the camera. I HAVE however had long connection times when doing things the traditional way of turning on the tranmitter first. To each his own but I'm just saying, give it a shot :)

You must be the lucky one. I just tried your method and it made no difference to my connection time. The ONLY way my Camera will connect is to keep jumping in and out of the Settings Screen, then it takes about 2 minutes.

Works for me as well. The only downside to this might be if you had a freak motor startup on the "H" before the ST-16 booted. Just a thought and thanks! :)

wow i just tried this. I powered on the H first and then the ST16. As soon as the TX completed loading flight app..BAM. I got video feed. Almost instant connection. Thanks

This also works on mine as well. :)

I tried this again today with multiple battery changes , I still had a 5 min wait
to connect , infact sometimes it never connected at all and I got got a message couple of times on the ST16 saying "Camera initialisation failure" thats a new message on mine :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis