Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

how to increase the altitude

What will happen if you attempt to exede the 400 foot height limit ? I'd rather read about it than attempt it !

It’s an aircraft and goes where the pilot makes it go. The world will not end, alarm bells are not going to ring at government agencies, Yuneec won’t know about it, and you won’t endure a lifetime of guilt[emoji6]

Reactions: Dave I
Thank You so much for your patient reply, the reason I ask is that the opportunity to fly out of an abandoned open pit mine in Northern Minnesota has presented itself, It is 600 feet down ans is dry. My thought that the 400 foot was a ceiling and could not be exceded. But, now the fact releive any tension I had, thanks again

A couple things come to mind with that. A ceiling usually defines something above, and mines are usually below the surface. Unless it’s a strip mine where the surface is constantly descending[emoji6]

So if you were flying from the bottom of a 600’ deep mine you would not approach an altitude “ceiling” until the aircraft was 1,000’ above the bottom of the mine[emoji16]

Thank You so much for your patient reply, the reason I ask is that the opportunity to fly out of an abandoned open pit mine in Northern Minnesota has presented itself, It is 600 feet down ans is dry. My thought that the 400 foot was a ceiling and could not be exceded. But, now the fact releive any tension I had, thanks again
Quite apart from the height question, your intended take-off from the bottom of a 600ft pit raises another potential issue that you may, or may not encounter. That is due to a thing called GPS Mask. It could transpire that your aircraft may not be able to see enough satellites for a GPS assisted flight due to satellites you would normally be able to 'see' being masked by the surrounding high landscape.

I will assume that you are aware of this phenomenon and your site survey has taken this into account so I only mention this for the benefit of others.

Awww, GPS is over rated. Take a walk on the wild side and try flying without it. You may end up pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Awww, GPS is over rated. Take a walk on the wild side and try flying without it. You may end up pleasantly surprised.
On this I agree with @PatR. Flying 'manual' can be so much fun once you've mastered it. Indeed, I would advocate all pilots having a go to try and get the knack of it...you never know when having that skill will save your bacon.

Reactions: NWSaint

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval