Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There is a free program developed by one of our members (@h-elsner) that is capable of reading the telemetry files and sensor files from most of Yuneec's aircraft. I use it to help members when they have crashes, flyaways, or just weird actions with their craft. The title is Q500log2kml and is a standalone program. Due to changes in PC OS usages it has become unfeasible for him to maintain all versions on his website like he used to do. the most current versions for Windows 64 bit and Linux 64 bit are still on his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in the downloads area.

For those that may still need the Windows 32 bit version or the iMac version I will be maintaining it on my Google Drive with his permission. Here is the link to that folder Q500log2kml versions - Google Drive.

Let us know if you find this useful.

No doubt it's a great little program. I like its conversion functions as well - see your flight paths in Google Earth by converting to .kmz, or convert them for Dashware to make telemetry-overlaid video... I might make a tutorial for that last one if anyone is interested...

No doubt it's a great little program. I like its conversion functions as well - see your flight paths in Google Earth by converting to .kmz, or convert them for Dashware to make telemetry-overlaid video... I might make a tutorial for that last one if anyone is interested...

That would be great AeroJ!

I’m doing some checks right now as to why I am getting possible dangerous file warnings when downloading from the Google Drive. The files are ok from their original source. I will report back after more research into this.

Please standby....

Edit update 1:
All are passing Windows Defender as 0 viruses (the files failing have .exe files in the zip that are written in Lazarus. Each time I use a new update of the program I have to give Windows 10 permission to run it as there are no certificate files.

Will scan all with different VP software, but I get no triggers when downloaded from original site.

Edit update 2:
I used Microsoft Edge this time and all files were scanned at download time and nothing triggered. All were scanned with Avast after download and only the embedded ,exe Lazarus files were possible threats (because they had .exe extentions.

The odd part of all of this is I was using my Google drive extention in Chrome browser when I got the warnings the first time, and it wasn't a virus warning it just said those files were rarely downloaded and could be dangerous.

Final opinion: I feel safe downloading and using these files. If you don't feel comfortable about it please don't download and use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
Ignore it the publisher is a trusted source. AVG is known for false Positives
This is true! AVG wouldn't let me download a file from the official Yuneec site, had to turn it off for the download. :mad:

Hey @DoomMeister, the files says it's for the Q500, can we assume it will also work for the TH?

@h-elsner wrote the original program to work with the Blade Chroma and 350QX, then added the Q500 series. It has been constantly upgraded over time and will work with the above named as well as the Breeze, Typhoon H/Pro/Plus, the Mantis Q and soon to be added H520.

Reactions: DCH
My Bad, I'm not using AVG, I AM using Avast and it re-sets the connection after all the alarms , bells and warnings go off... "DANGER Will Rodgers, DANGER!" "...A Threat Has been Detected!"

There is a free program developed by one of our members (@h-elsner) that is capable of reading the telemetry files and sensor files from most of Yuneec's aircraft. I use it to help members when they have crashes, flyaways, or just weird actions with their craft. The title is Q500log2kml and is a standalone program. Due to changes in PC OS usages it has become unfeasible for him to maintain all versions on his website like he used to do. the most current versions for Windows 64 bit and Linux 64 bit are still on his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder in the downloads area.

For those that may still need the Windows 32 bit version or the iMac version I will be maintaining it on my Google Drive with his permission. Here is the link to that folder Q500log2kml versions - Google Drive.

Let us know if you find this useful.
This might be a good addition to our reference library with his permission of course.

I think you will find that Helmut is more than happy to have it added as a reference. At present it works with the Breeze, Mantis Q, Q500 series, Typhoon H/H Pro/ and H Plus. He had plans of adding the H520, but I haven’t checked for a few weeks to see where he is at with that.

For the latest version always check his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder and go to the downloads section. There is also a repository of versions in a shared folder of my Google Drive that contains versions for the Mac as well as Windows 32 bit and some Dashware profiles. Q500log2kml versions - Google Drive.

Attention: some of the virus detection programs have been giving false positives from both the Google Drive and from Helmut’s website. I have been using his software for more than a year and my computers are virus free for the past the past four years (that is how old they are).

Reactions: Docdor
I think you will find that Helmut is more than happy to have it added as a reference. At present it works with the Breeze, Mantis Q, Q500 series, Typhoon H/H Pro/ and H Plus. He had plans of adding the H520, but I haven’t checked for a few weeks to see where he is at with that.

For the latest version always check his website Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder and go to the downloads section. There is also a repository of versions in a shared folder of my Google Drive that contains versions for the Mac as well as Windows 32 bit and some Dashware profiles. Q500log2kml versions - Google Drive
Thanks for the information.

Where can I find a table of the f_codes?
EG:
3 = angle mode
13 = RTL
16 = ??
So, what are the others?

It's on pg 37 of the pdf file which is on the download page for the software.
I'm still looking for the f_mode codes. I have a copy of the Typhoon H manual (revised)
It had the LED blink codes, but not the 2-digit f_codes

I need help finding that PDF file.

BTW: Yuneec support has already acknowledged my crash case. Results coming soon.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Yuneec Typhoon f_mode codes.png
    Yuneec Typhoon f_mode codes.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval