Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Setup the Comfast CF-WR370AC or CF-WR371AC for Use With the Breeze

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The only difference in these two models is that the WR371AC has external antennas and WR370AC does not.

1) Set the band switch to 5.8 G on the Comfast.

2) Place the Comfast into the power brick and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds (when you release it you will get an orange indicator light, then it will turn purple).

3) Go to WiFi settings on the phone and connect to 5G_COMFAST_xxxxxx, where xxxxxx us the last 6 digits of the extender’s MAC address.

4) On the login screen enter “admin” without quotes for the password and tap the Login button. A list will appear of Access Points that are in range.

5) Turn on the Breeze and wait for the Status LED in the arm to flash green, then scroll down in the Comfast login and tap Re-Scan.

6) Select the Breeze SSID, enter 1234567890 for the password and select connect.

7) At this point go to the WiFi settings on the phone and select the Breeze SSID with Plus at the end and enter the 1234567890 password when prompted and the Comfast will connect with the Breeze and you will get the blue light on the Comfast.

8) Open Breeze Cam at this point. If you are using an Android to run Breeze Cam you should be good to go. If you use an iOS device you will see the camera and have no telemetry in the Task mode screens.

iOS users need to do the following steps to get the repeater working!

9) Go to a browser on your phone while still connected to the Comfast on the Breeze_plus WiFi connection and type in 192.168.10.1 then enter the PW “admin” without quotes.

10) After the Comfast completes the scan again, click on the gear icon on the upper right, select Advanced, then select Security Mode Setting, then select Disable Security Mode. Lastly select OK.

11) You can now power on the Breeze, wait for the Comfast to connect (light will turn blue), then select the Breeze_plus SSID, open Breeze Cam, go to Tasks and you should have telemetry displayed showing full connection.

If I may add an additional piece of advice to this very useful sticky post: take care that your power bank delivers at least 1.5 Amps. I have tried running the Comfast with a smaller power bank (specified for 1 A), and the result was very unreliable behaviour. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not, and the status light was not at all helpful for diagnosing the source of the problem...

Where can I get any of these portable WiFi dual band range extenders?

I can't find any at Alibaba or eBay. I can find USB adapters (not suitable), or repeaters at 220/120 V, or USB but not DUAL BAND. I need dual band since I have few Androids with 2.4GHz only (and ZERO with 5GHz!) and, of course, it has to be portable, so USB with power bank is mandatory.

You will want something other than the Comfast repeater as they are 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz, but not both simultaneously.
I use this How To: Setup the ZyXEL WRE-6606 for use with Breeze to enable the use of phones that only support 2.4GHz WiFi as it will connect to the Breeze on 5.8GHz and the phone at 2.4GHz.
There are other solutions out there, but usually require a voltage converter to go from 5V USB power to 9V or 12V to power the repeater.
These devices are getting harder to find as we progress in WiFi capabilities. Fewer companies are producing such a mobile solution to WiFi connectivity.

Reactions: AlligatoR
There are other solutions out there, but usually require a voltage converter to go from 5V USB power to 9V or 12V to power the repeater.
These devices are getting harder to find as we progress in WiFi capabilities. Fewer companies are producing such a mobile solution to WiFi connectivity.

Ok, thanks for the tip, but I can't find that Zyxel WRE-6606 as well!

And how to know this information (which is crucial in my case)
that both bands are not working simultaneously, but only one at the time???
I haven't found that data in any harwdare specs.

In fact my question is:

What is the difference in specifications/factory descripition betweeen Zyxel and Comfast devices?
Or what should I look for?

THX :)!

The Comfast repeaters have a switch to select the band to operate on and will only use that band in operation.

The ZyXEL WRE-6606 allows you to repeat the signal from the selected AP (the Breeze at 5.8GHz in this case) and connect to it on either 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz. For the 6606 you have to get the User Manual to find that information. It is downloadable from their website. You can also check some of the later posts in this thread Breeze Range Extender for newer devices that some have used. As I said before, you may have to use a DC/DC converter with the USB power bank.

Reactions: AlligatoR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis