Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOW TO UNLOCK TYPHOON H PLUS

Reaction score
HOW DO I UNLOCK MY TYPHOON H PLUS TO GO OVER RANGE---? IM TRYING TO CHECK MY LEVEES WITH THE COWS ON IT AND WHEN IT RAINS SO I DONT HAVE TO FLOAT IN A BOAT OUT SO FAR- HOW DO I UNLOCK IT???

HOW DO I UNLOCK MY TYPHOON H PLUS TO GO OVER RANGE---? IM TRYING TO CHECK MY LEVEES WITH THE COWS ON IT AND WHEN IT RAINS SO I DONT HAVE TO FLOAT IN A BOAT OUT SO FAR- HOW DO I UNLOCK IT???

Okay, so you want to 'unlock' your Typhoon H Plus to go; . . . . 'over range'? Is this 'range' as in distance flown or is it 'range' as in 'home on the range' and just referring to flying over the area where you may not be able to due to Geo Fencing?

There is no 'Unlock' to the Typhoon H Plus in relation to distance (as in flying farther), for any given set of circumstances. The range one can fly is due solely to the environment in which they fly and there is nothing that can be done as a simple 'unlock' to remedy that - short of adding some aftermarket 'range extending' hardware - thus not any kind of 'unlock'.

If however you are experiencing a 'No Fly Zone' and wish to get that removed then you may need to get a little more specific as to where you are located and trying to fly. With proper certification, operators of the Plus are able to have the NFZ's removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: davemh
If he’s flying in Smart mode he may be distance limited by the geo fence settings established in the GUI. Lacking a GUI, meaning he failed to download the file from the Yuneec site, all that’s needed is to fly in Angle mode, which ignores programmed geo fence settings.

Edit:

I may have just stepped on my ta-ta as I failed to note this is the Plus forum. My statement may not be applicable to the Plus but I’m leaving it for any H owner that trips over it.

Are you asking about a distance, altitude, or NFZ unlock?

If he’s flying in Smart mode he may be distance limited by the geo fence settings established in the GUI. Lacking a GUI, meaning he failed to download the file from the Yuneec site, all that’s needed is to fly in Angle mode, which ignores programmed geo fence settings.

Edit:

I may have just stepped on my ta-ta as I failed to note this is the Plus forum. My statement may not be applicable to the Plus but I’m leaving it for any H owner that trips over it.
It’s an H+ so no GUI. First thing I thought of until I realized it was the Plus.

I would add, you may want to wait until after the rain stops to check the cows on the levees, these aircraft can withstand slightly moist conditions such as fog or mist but you probably should avoid flying in rain.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I would advise against flying in fog or mist as well. Nothing about any of the Typhoon or 920 series of multirotors is protected from water intrusion so there is no way to predict what might happen. If one goes down during those conditions the failure can only be attributed to poor judgement.

Light snow is not a problem when the temperature is below freezing as the snow is not wet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval