Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ok so here comes the detailed instructions on how to upgrade and downgrade the H Plus.

Firstly you need to make sure you download each update as it comes through so that you can copy the files from the 'Yuneec OTA' folder when connected to a PC or Mac via the ST16S.
I saved the very first version 1.08 and also 1.10, I therefore have 2 different types of files to play with.
These are saved as a .Yuneec EXEC file. All of the files that are needed are in these exec files.

To access the files needed copy the exec file so you leave the original alone and then rename the last part .yuneec to .zip, unzip the folder and inside the folder will be 4 files
autopilot.yuneec
camera.bin
gimble.yuneec
versioninfo.json------------this file is not needed

screen-shot-2018-08-16-at-10-03-03-png.10901

Format an sd card into FAT32 so it is completely clean and then drag either the camera.bin to upgrade/downgrade the camera firmware or the gimble.yuneec to upgrade/downgrade the gimble firmware.
Do each file individually one at a time, do not put all the files onto the card at the same time.
Autopilot file you not need to do unless you have wiped off the autopilot from the controller/camera

Insert sd card into the C23 and switch on the H Plus (do not have the controller switched on during this process)
Wait until the camera light goes green and then just to make sure it has finished leave for another 5 minutes

Switch off the H Plus and insert a normal sd card that has been formatted previously in the H Plus, wait for a full boot and then switch on the ST16S to check the file has been up or downgraded.
You cannot check that the gimble has been successful but in my case the vibration has now stopped so I can assume 1.08 did in fact take the downgrade.

To double check I re updated using this method back to gimble 1.10 and the vibration came back, I then downgraded back to 1.08 and viola vibration had gone.

Hope this explains the process good enough.

Chris

Do you have the C23 Firmware 1.08 that you can upload for everyone who doesn't have it? Thanks!

I do have it but due to distribution laws I can’t share as it’s not in a public domain and do t want to land myself in hot water for unauthorised distribution.
Sorry

Reactions: cbecker125
hello from France, excuse my bad English Google.
Here I do not have version 1.0.10 available, the st16s tells me "no update required !".
But with Firmware 1.0.08 my c23 makes this continuous noise in neutral position. which deteriorates the shots. This was not until update 1.0.08. is there a way to put the drone back to factory values?

Some people remember that the noise or vibration of my gimbal had alleviated itself by doing some manipulations in extreme angles of inclination of the drone. It stayed a small vibration when I leaned on one side (45 °) and not on the other, nothing embarrassing to work. I did a lot of video without worries.

I was able to access a test file in order to finish solving this minor problem.
It has the advantage of surely updating the camera and its gimbal, and this independently without having to make a complete update. it allows to go back if worries. And that's what happened to me by updating this morning with the 749, vibrations appeared again in the gimbal.

So, I put this file on the microSD without turning on the ST16S and there is no more vibration. This file will appear on the ST16S as a 743 of 20180801, in fact it is a 748 of 20180815.

You have this file as an attachment. It will be renamed to .yuneec instead of .txt

here is the procedure:

"Copy the file on a empty card, than swipe it on the camera and turn on the h + on, remote can be off. The update will go on automatically, and it can take up 10 min so the battery should be fully charged. "

At your own risk, I'm not Yuneec's service, just there to help.

I think Yuneec should simply allow us to calibrate the gimbal with the ST16S. The setting of the PID is so sensitive and the electronic components have their drifts, so that a standard setting can not work on all gimbals. I will add that I am currently testing an ND4 filter, which is very good, but heavier than freewell or other. It also generates vibrations. I'll have to balance the camera

Attachments

• TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_E_1.0.12_BUILD748_20180815.txt
    29.6 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Reactions: robnmi and Barton
thanks for the help.
The drone, the st16s and the camera are in version 1.0.08, no other firmware is available here. I will see if the new Firmware for the camera can work with old firmware on st16 and H+.
In case it works worse, I could go back to the old one for all. I saved on a memory card. And here that I can still download this from the st16s.

thanks for the help.
The drone, the st16s and the camera are in version 1.0.08, no other firmware is available here. I will see if the new Firmware for the camera can work with old firmware on st16 and H+.
In case it works worse, I could go back to the old one for all. I saved on a memory card. And here that I can still download this from the st16s.
Si tu n'as pas besoin de voler sans GPS, reste en 1.0.08 build 652

Merci pour la réponse en parfait français, j’ai quelques difficultés avec l’anglais.
Even if it must be laughable, I continue with Google, out of respect for the site.
The mode without GPS would be useful here, on valley the gps is not top and the drone forbids me too often to fly.
Headless mode is also interesting.
Now with version 1.0.08, my camera vibrates and whistles at neutral point, to slightly deteriorate the video quality, if I stay in this position.
now I saw here in a recent post how to access the download of the latest version in st16. (set in hidden menu - global OTS). I'll try this as soon as I get home.

Last edited:
How can I find out what the lastest firmware for the Typhoon H Plus is? On the Yuneec site I only find updates for the Typhoon H, not the Typhoon H Plus. Or is the firmware the same for both machines?
I tried OTA, but then it doesn't find any updates.
Currently I have the following versions:

Drone:
AutoPilot: V1.2.0
Camera: C23_E_1.0.08_20180507
RealSense: 102

Remote Controller:
System: CONTROLLER_1.0.08_20180507
App: APP_1.0.8_20180507

Are these the latest versions and is that the reason why nothing is showing up when I try to do OTA update?

How can I find out what the lastest firmware for the Typhoon H Plus is? On the Yuneec site I only find updates for the Typhoon H, not the Typhoon H Plus. Or is the firmware the same for both machines?
I tried OTA, but then it doesn't find any updates.
Currently I have the following versions:

Drone:
AutoPilot: V1.2.0
Camera: C23_E_1.0.08_20180507
RealSense: 102

Remote Controller:
System: CONTROLLER_1.0.08_20180507
App: APP_1.0.8_20180507

Are these the latest versions and is that the reason why nothing is showing up when I try to do OTA update?

No, the latest update is 20180824_Build749 V1.10.10

Go into settings (top right)
choose aircraft icon
tap the words Calibration settings about 5 times very fast. This opens hidden menu, make sure Global OTA is selected.
Return to settings menu and choose the 3 dots icon.
Go to update and your update should come through (make sure you are connected to wifi in the main Android system settings first though)

No, the latest update is 20180824_Build749 V1.10.10

Go into settings (top right)
choose aircraft icon
tap the words Calibration settings about 5 times very fast. This opens hidden menu, make sure Global OTA is selected.
Return to settings menu and choose the 3 dots icon.
Go to update and your update should come through (make sure you are connected to wifi in the main Android system settings first though)

Hi,
I have the option OTA Upgrade in the hidden menu, which let's me choose between Normal mode and Factory mode (there is no Global mode). I tried both in Normal mode and Factory mode, but still get not available firmware updates.

Hi,
I have the option OTA Upgrade in the hidden menu, which let's me choose between Normal mode and Factory mode (there is no Global mode). I tried both in Normal mode and Factory mode, but still get not available firmware updates.

I see you still have the initial release date 20180507, Global was not introduced until the last update. Choose Normal as thats what I was doing on initial release firmware.
I dont think you are seeing the updates because you are not connected to your wifi. Aircraft must also be off and only the controller switched on and connected to home wifi, once connected to wifi open up the Flight Control app and then check for update. If you are doing this correctly and its still not seeing the update you may need to contact Yuneec.

I see you still have the initial release date 20180507, Global was not introduced until the last update. Choose Normal as thats what I was doing on initial release firmware.
I dont think you are seeing the updates because you are not connected to your wifi. Aircraft must also be off and only the controller switched on and connected to home wifi, once connected to wifi open up the Flight Control app and then check for update. If you are doing this correctly and its still not seeing the update you may need to contact Yuneec.

Indeed I had the Drone turned on and connection to WiFi was blocked by macfiltering. Now I'm able to download updates :) Thanks.

Reactions: Peggy
You're welcome, glad I could help

When I put it in normal mode however, it downloaded the initial release version and it then states downloaded version is same as installed version and no updates are required. Putting it in factory mode and then checking for updates, it comes up with 20180824_Build749 V1.10.10 and downloading seems to get stuck at 0%. Are these files available somewhere for download so I can do a manual update without OTA?

When I put it in normal mode however, it downloaded the initial release version and it then states downloaded version is same as installed version and no updates are required. Putting it in factory mode and then checking for updates, it comes up with 20180824_Build749 V1.10.10 and downloading seems to get stuck at 0%. Are these files available somewhere for download so I can do a manual update without OTA?

Unfortunately not.
I suspect it’s still your WiFi issues. I downloaded the update today to test and its working fine.

Unfortunately not.
I suspect it’s still your WiFi issues. I downloaded the update today to test and its working fine.

Strange. I don't think it's the wifi now, since it sees there's a new update available (which it didn't see before when it was not connected to Wifi). I also tried to connect via my mobile phone which does not have any macfiltering and that seems to connect as well and finds the updates, but downloading gets stuck. Did you run the update in factory mode or normal mode? Did you also get 20180824_Build750 V1.10.10 today?

Attachments

• Downloaded In OTA Normal mode, checking updates in OTA Normal mode.jpg
    Downloaded In OTA Normal mode, checking updates in OTA Normal mode.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
  • Checking updates in Factory mode.jpg
    Checking updates in Factory mode.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 128
  • Downloading in Factory mode, stuck at 0%.jpg
    Downloading in Factory mode, stuck at 0%.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 122

Members online

Forum statistics