Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HPlus battery life

Reaction score
My Plus is new. I ran both batteries down to 20 percent then fully recharged them. Flew both today. Got 15 minutes on first one and 12 minutes on second. A long way from 25-30 minutes advertised. Got better minutes on my HPro. Any suggestions? I know it should get better with more use and charging but 12 minutes. Crazy.
Bill Dunnuck

I
My Plus is new. I ran both batteries down to 20 percent then fully recharged them. Flew both today. Got 15 minutes on first one and 12 minutes on second. A long way from 25-30 minutes advertised. Got better minutes on my HPro. Any suggestions? I know it should get better with more use and charging but 12 minutes. Crazy.
Bill Dunnuck
I believe the figures are hover only and ideal conditions which rarely occur.

What were your weather conditions?

Did batteries have time to come to ambient temperature before flight?

How aggressive was your flying?

Was sport mode used?

Reactions: JackMTaco and RPR
I

I believe the figures are hover only and ideal conditions which rarely occur.
Flew mine last Saturday, first time for 3 months. Got 17 minutes out of the first battery and 15 minutes out of the second, probably could've got a couple more minutes out of each battery as well but I like to leave a bit in reserve.... The time I'm getting from the batteries has hardly changed since they were new over 18 months ago. Twelve minutes does sound a bit low though. It might improve after you've cycled them a few times....?

Are you using the OEM charger? If so be sure to use a digital voltmeter to check the cell voltages and total voltage after a charge.
Are you storing the batts at 50% charge?
I'm using an aftermarket charger and I don't think I've ever gotten less than 17 min in any conditions including cold and windy.

I flew in 10kt winds yesterday at 350' for most of the duration of the flight, orbiting around a lake and I got 19 minutes out of each battery.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Like any battery reliant product, figure is up to. Real-world is a different experience.

Are you using the OEM charger? If so be sure to use a digital voltmeter to check the cell voltages and total voltage after a charge.
Are you storing the batts at 50% charge?
I'm using an aftermarket charger and I don't think I've ever gotten less than 17 min in any conditions including cold and windy.
Thanks to everyone responding. 100 percent charge on transmitter before flight. 75 degrees in south Florida. Some wind but not excessive. Angil mode. I think Yuneec is sending new batteries. Less than 50 percent of advertised flight time certainly not right. Brand new with several discharges.

What were your weather conditions?

Did batteries have time to come to ambient temperature before flight?

How aggressive was your flying?

Was sport mode used?
75 degrees, not really aggressive and sport mode not used. Yuneec considering new batteries.
Do you know where I can find the H Plus manual prepared by one of our members?
Factory manual not very good.
Thank you for your reply.
Bill

I’ll bet your car does not deliver advertised gas mileage either...
It doesn’t get 40 percent of advertised. I understand your point and agree but this is way off advertised. My Old H Pro does better. Yuneec considering new batteries.

75 degrees, not really aggressive and sport mode not used. Yuneec considering new batteries.
Do you know where I can find the H Plus manual prepared by one of our members?
Factory manual not very good.
Thank you for your reply.
Bill

Check the sticky posts at the beginning of each sub-forum for important info. Here is the link to the ogrench extended manual Typhoon H + Manual

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Check the sticky posts at the beginning of each sub-forum for important info. Here is the link to the ogrench extended manual Typhoon H + Manual
Thank you so much. I have no idea why bought a Plus when I already own a Pro but I did. Liked the new features I guess.
I don’t think you can adjust the critical battery levels in the transmitter. Right? What is the sequence when it reaches 20 percent which I think is the critical level? I also don’t think there is a pause button.
Still learning. Sorry.
Bill

That manual will cover a lot of things for you. The Plus flies much smoother than the H and is quieter and the camera is very nice (especially shooting in dng with natural setting then processing in post).

Wish I had the funds to pop for an H+ myself.

According to the Manual low battery is at about 26% and auto RTL will trigger at 21%. You can extend the life of your batteries by NOT flying to low battery warning on every flight. Bring it in at 30% or more will put less stress in the battery chemistry and save you lots of money in the long run.

Do you have a third party charger that can measure the IR if the battery cells? Curious why the new batteries would give such short flight times.

That manual will cover a lot of things for you. The Plus flies much smoother than the H and is quieter and the camera is very nice (especially shooting in dng with natural setting then processing in post).

Wish I had the funds to pop for an H+ myself.

According to the Manual low battery is at about 26% and auto RTL will trigger at 21%. You can extend the life of your batteries by NOT flying to low battery warning on every flight. Bring it in at 30% or more will put less stress in the battery chemistry and save you lots of money in the long run.

Do you have a third party charger that can measure the IR if the battery cells? Curious why the new batteries would give such short flight times.

Bill replied in my profile with this:

Ran 2 new batteries again with full charge. Got 12 minutes and 15 at hover no wind. Sent them back to Yuneec. They are sending two new batteries. Bought a third battery and it got 22 minutes at hover. Much better. Also tried Venom 7300 mAh battery and only got 21 minutes. Surprised. Thought it would increase flight time. What multi charger do I need?
Bill Dunnuck

I’ll let those flying the Plus respond to the charger question.

The Venom has more capacity in mAh, but it ends up being a combination of weight, capacity, C rating, and cell balancing that determines how long a battery will last in flight as well as environmental conditions at the time of the flight.

I’ll let those flying the Plus respond to the charger question.

The Venom has more capacity in mAh, but it ends up being a combination of weight, capacity, C rating, and cell balancing that determines how long a battery will last in flight as well as environmental conditions at the time of the flight.
Thanks. Conditions were exactly the same as when I timed a new Yuneec battery. Same flight time. I have it on loan and will return it. Had one go bad on my older Pro.
Where is the nicest city in Florida? You may get a short debate on that one. ?
Your manual is so useful. Thank you.
Bill

Thanks. Conditions were exactly the same as when I timed a new Yuneec battery. Same flight time. I have it on loan and will return it. Had one go bad on my older Pro.
Where is the nicest city in Florida? You may get a short debate on that one. ?
Your manual is so useful. Thank you.
Bill

Kudos for the Manual go to Charles Ogrench who also developed one for the TH/TH Pro (check the sticky threads).

The Friendliest Hometown in Florida is The Villages and that is said somewhat tongue-in-cheek. It is still a good community to live in, but has grown so much over the last ten years that it is hard to really call it friendly any longer. Too many people, too much traffic, and too many dead beats living off their parents/grandparents (usually released jailbirds and druggies).

Just don’t pay the deadbeats to come like they do in San Fransisco. If you don’t feed the rats and pigeons they tend to drift away over time. If you do they breed like cockroaches.

Reactions: bevangg and 10-8
Hard to believe people let their kids mooch off of them like that. We need to get our CCD government to enact bylaws to banish them the first time they run afoul of the law here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig