Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I can't need new batteries already can I ??

Reaction score
My H pro was purchased and delivered on 12-24-2016, since then it's had approx, 20 charges on my 3 batteries..and I can't get over 13-14 minutes of flight time with them.. doesn't matter weather I'm taking it easy or letting her rip!! I like to fly in angle mode most of the time, and the only other mode I've tried was smart. Nothing else, and it's kinda got my a tad scared to go past 2400 ft.
Now I am using the original charger that it came with, but am thinking going to am after market. Could this possibly make a difference??
Also, now that it's back from yuneec with having a new compass board installed it seems to be even less time... maybe the latest firmware update had a hand in changing something.. who knows.. I just can't believe that I already need new freaking batteries!!

My H pro was purchased and delivered on 12-24-2016, since then it's had approx, 20 charges on my 3 batteries..and I can't get over 13-14 minutes of flight time with them.. doesn't matter weather I'm taking it easy or letting her rip!! I like to fly in angle mode most of the time, and the only other mode I've tried was smart. Nothing else, and it's kinda got my a tad scared to go past 2400 ft.
Now I am using the original charger that it came with, but am thinking going to am after market. Could this possibly make a difference??
Also, now that it's back from yuneec with having a new compass board installed it seems to be even less time... maybe the latest firmware update had a hand in changing something.. who knows.. I just can't believe that I already need new freaking batteries!!
I agree, that would be a short battery life indeed.
I would check each of the 4 cells of every battery with a digital voltmeter to see if the cells are the same voltage. You need to check them before they are charged and then after a charge, but wait a few hours after a charge to give the cells time to show any difference. Since you are having this issue, label each battery and keep a log of the cell voltages and the total after charge voltage which should be close to 16.6v.

I don't know what your flying weather is like, but where I am it's 20-35 deg F. 13-14 minutes is normal for me in those temps.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
I use a cheapy lipo checker to monitor cell health, well done yuneec over Dji on this one as it links up with a standard balance lead connection.

Are you draining your batteries heavily? You should never really regularly take a battery below 20% as it damages lipo cells and shortens life.

I have attached a pic of my set up, nice and simple plus the checkers will show you individual cell voltage. If you want to maintain better battery cell health you can get checkers that will also drain cells to match the lowest and thus help it balance out. Also like you said a cheapy imax charger will also work better than the standard.

I have god knows how many lipos that ive flown for years and hundreds of cycles, they are the most volatile of all cells out there at present but if looked after,stored correct can last years

Li-ion is way more stable and Lithium iron cells also exist and are used in R/C receivers. They almost match lipos but do not have the punch of power delivery. They are however totally safe and pose no fire risk. I thought they would of took lipos over to be fair but they never did.

Thanks Mick

Attachments

• DSC_1600.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I am not sure if the comparison between LIPO and LI-ion is totally valid but I do know that LI-ion batteries start to gradually degrade from the minute that are manufactured. They are less sensitive to the number of charges that the older types of batteries but do have a finite shelf life whether you use them or not. This is usually 3 to 5 years. I have had it happen in the past that a cordless drill I bought on sale have both LI-ion batteries fail within weeks of each other after only 26 months and maybe 10 charges each. My theory is the drill I bought had been sitting in the warehouse for quite a while and the seller were clearing stock. That is why it was on sale.
All that said, the Typhoon H hasn't been around all that long and the chance they were stored for several years in quite small.

You don't say on what voltage you land. If you are landing before the first warning at 14.3v then 14 minutes wouldn't be significantly adrift from what I'd expect given that you are running that 'real sense' thingy.

On the other hand, if you are taking it down to 14.3v then I recon that 13-14 minutes of flight time is a bit short unless you are flying in cold conditions, of course.

My experience using a H advanced, not the pro version, it to get between 16-17 minutes when flying down to 14.3v and in conditions where it isn't cold. (BTW, I'm usually landed before 14.3v so I consider myself satisfied if I've got 15 minutes in the air)

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
It must be my factory charger bc the total voltage after a complete charge is 15.8-15.9 (according to the st16 anyway.. and if my memory serves well that's what I've always gotten since 1st charge.. (wish I had known then..lol) anyway I've got a new tester on the way so I'll have an exact reading in a few days..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval