Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I had my issues at first

Reaction score
its been a long time since I’ve posted in this forum. When I first purchased my Typoon H I had issues. My first was my drone losing power in mid flight and it fell into a pond behind my parents house. I dove in after it but never recovered it. The very next day I drove to Yuneec’s warehouse in Onterio, Ca. I dropped off my controller and told them what happened. I was very nervous what the result would be so I told them I was going to run up the street to Starbucks while they looked at the data. I was literally 5 min away and in the Starbucks drive-thru when they called me back. They said when I get back there will be a new typhoon H waiting for me. Can you beat that kind of customer support? Wait, it gets better...

A month later I was at a drone shoot, everything was going great I was finished with my drone video and was about to land my drone. Then for no reason I could see at the time I lost all control of the H. I struggled for what seemed like hours to regain control. I saw the opportunity when I got the drone low enough but it still had a mind of its own and kept moving in a forward direction (for lack of a better term). But I saw the only chance I had to save my drone with minimal damage. I cut power knowing/hoping it would land in this bush. Well it did, but like I said it was flying forward fast enough that it rolled off the bush and broke a prop and arm. Once again I drove out to Yuneec and explained what happened. Only this time I really didn’t know what happened. I get a call on my way home from Yuneec saying they are going to cover all repair costs. They informed me that my flight mode (I fly in model 3) changed in mid flight to model 1. But I digress. I’ve been flying incident free for over a year now. My drone work for it’s the Yuneec has been featured on 4 tv commercials and I couldn’t be happier!!

hi Chad,

Been wondering where you've been, if you dropped off the planet!

Glad to read you are still at it and hopefully having fun at the same time.

Jeff

P.S. still working the Matterport scene?

Last edited:
CHAD! how are ya, bud?

not the 1st time I've been stood up... won't be the last... :)

Hey guys! Good to see you all again sorry just had the work week from ****. Yes, I’m still doing a lot of matterport work, but I also purchased a new Sony A7R3, Canon 17mm tilt shift lens for real estate photography and a Zeiss batis 18mm lens for walk through videos to use on my Freefly Movi 10 gimbal. I’ve just been trying to add more services to my business

27bd005e1d88515e77a2ffe3329eb9c2.jpg

8f04dfb966e5aa4b8610dbfdcd5e16d5.jpg

How have you guys been doing? I’ve been flying quite a bit more lately and haven’t had a single issue with my drone. But I think I need a couple new batteries.

Stunning photography!
All that set you back a few lobsters and scallops, oh and bottle of wine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval