Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I want to love my H but I still don't trust it.

RBC

Reaction score
99% of the time my H performs flawlessly. But then something happens that makes me lose my trust. It's like having a dog that has bitten you. You never trust it again. A few things:

I have noticed that the mp4 video and jpg still shots that get recorded on my micro sd card have the correct day but not the correct time. The date and time on my ST16 are correct but these when I look at the files on my micro sd cards, the files do not show the correct time. Tonight I shot the videos at 6:00pm and it showed 11:00am. Has anyone else noticed this? I called Yuneec about it and spoke to Andrew and he told me to reformat my sd card. First he told me to use the ST16 by going into Settings/Storage. I did not see an option to format the card there. So he told me to do it on my Mac. So I reformatted my micro sd card and put it back in the H and shot a video. When I went to open it, it would not open in quicktime like all the other videos I have shot. I am gong to try it again and see what happens. Also when landing the H this evening I was in Turtle mode. (I usually do not fly in Turtle mode). It was looking like a smooth landing but as soon as it was down it jumped back up about a foot off the ground. I brought it back down and this time it landed and started to tip forward. I was able to shut it down with the red button and it settled in. This could have been a crash. I want to love my H but I just don't trust it.

It appears that even though I go into the 'Pad' & 'Settings', when I set the time to the current time here, I tap on 'Done' and it shows the correct time. But when I go back to the ST16 display, it's an hour slow! I live in the Pacific Time Zone and the settings indicate DST when in that time of the year. I'm only guessing, but depending on where everyone lives, it just reverts to Standard time, or will be whatever number of hours you live from GMT time. I've tried about four times to make it set correctly, but no such luck.

However, the first time it did it, I then took some still shots and when I loaded them into my computer, it did show correct time that I took the shots.

Very strange...

Mojoe35

99% of the time my H performs flawlessly. But then something happens that makes me lose my trust. It's like having a dog that has bitten you. You never trust it again. A few things:

I have noticed that the mp4 video and jpg still shots that get recorded on my micro sd card have the correct day but not the correct time. The date and time on my ST16 are correct but these when I look at the files on my micro sd cards, the files do not show the correct time. Tonight I shot the videos at 6:00pm and it showed 11:00am. Has anyone else noticed this? I called Yuneec about it and spoke to Andrew and he told me to reformat my sd card. First he told me to use the ST16 by going into Settings/Storage. I did not see an option to format the card there. So he told me to do it on my Mac. So I reformatted my micro sd card and put it back in the H and shot a video. When I went to open it, it would not open in quicktime like all the other videos I have shot. I am gong to try it again and see what happens. Also when landing the H this evening I was in Turtle mode. (I usually do not fly in Turtle mode). It was looking like a smooth landing but as soon as it was down it jumped back up about a foot off the ground. I brought it back down and this time it landed and started to tip forward. I was able to shut it down with the red button and it settled in. This could have been a crash. I want to love my H but I just don't trust it.

I've had the same problem when landing as well, RBC. Elsewhere on this forum several pilots have mentioned the 'twitches' that occur when in rabbit mode. Since reading that I've avoided rabbit mode when landing and never had that problem again.

I also have the time issue on my controller.

One glitch I've noticed the last few flights is when I bring her in to land the landing gear go up and down...up and down. I can get this to stop by cycling the gear up and down one time.

I've also had the photo and video button problem. That was cured by quickly tapping on the buttons rather than a leisure tap.

To be honest I don't trust ANY drone. Anything can happen with these things. You cannot tell me there is a drone on the market that is 100% reliable.
DJI's have issues all the time. Lots of videos of them running away or dropping from the sky.

Just like real aircraft. Thousands of flights never have a problem but then some do. Nature of the thing.

You just have to feel good that the H is working most of the time and if you feel like it is 99% of the time, you are ahead of the game my friend. i:)i

Reactions: Eric
To be honest I don't trust ANY drone. Anything can happen with these things. You cannot tell me there is a drone on the market that is 100% reliable.
DJI's have issues all the time. Lots of videos of them running away or dropping from the sky.

Just like real aircraft. Thousands of flights never have a problem but then some do. Nature of the thing.

You just have to feel good that the H is working most of the time and if you feel like it is 99% of the time, you are ahead of the game my friend. i:)i

I would venture to say that most drone mishaps are pilot error just like airplane crashes. However, because a drone can cause injury even death to others, a drone pilot needs to be confident that the drone will be mechanically reliable and they need to fly safely. I am sure it is the goal of drone manufacturers to have mechanical failures be extremely rare.

I had a beautiful flight this morning. Everything functioned very well. Had line of sight to over 3,500 ft. Then I looked at S16 and when I looked back up could not see the H. I noticed I was already over 4,000 ft and then I did a RTH to bring it back. No video breakup. This was phenomenal range on the stock antenna.

I've had a craft fitted with a dji naza-m autopilot just drop out of the sky for no reason , so I would never trust any craft of any manufacturer.
You have to think what if I get hit by bird etc , where will it fall , what will it fall on ?.
I've learned my lesson, ...... think .... what if...... and get some 3rd party insurance.

I've had a craft fitted with a dji naza-m autopilot just drop out of the sky for no reason , so I would never trust any craft of any manufacturer.
You have to think what if I get hit by bird etc , where will it fall , what will it fall on ?.
I've learned my lesson, ...... think .... what if...... and get some 3rd party insurance.
Do you have some names for third party drone insurance?

I had a beautiful flight this morning. Everything functioned very well. Had line of sight to over 3,500 ft. Then I looked at S16 and when I looked back up could not see the H. I noticed I was already over 4,000 ft and then I did a RTH to bring it back. No video breakup. This was phenomenal range on the stock antenna.

That is more than double I got with stock. Outstanding. I've gotten about 2500' - 2700' with the ITELITE/DBS antenna upgrade on several attempts, so even better than that.

That is more than double I got with stock. Outstanding. I've gotten about 2500' - 2700' with the ITELITE/DBS antenna upgrade on several attempts, so even better than that.

I live in an area where there are few tall trees or buildings. I can literally see the mountains surrounding the valley that are at least 20 miles away. So when I am at 200 plus ft in altitude there are no obstructions when I am out even one mile or more. I don't know for sure but that could be one of the reasons I am getting such good range on my stock antenna compared to what people get when they have lots of tall trees in their area.

I live in an area where there are few tall trees or buildings. I can literally see the mountains surrounding the valley that are at least 20 miles away. So when I am at 200 plus ft in altitude there are no obstructions when I am out even one mile or more. I don't know for sure but that could be one of the reasons I am getting such good range on my stock antenna compared to what people get when they have lots of tall trees in their area.
Sounds like you have minimal interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval