Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Idiot playing games with police helicopter.

Throw the book at him. If they make an example of people like this, that might cut down on the idiots.
Trouble is, idiots are like ants. Ya squash one and there are thousands of others waiting to take its place!:confused:

Trouble is, idiots are like ants. Ya squash one and there are thousands of others waiting to take its place!:confused:
There’s always those that think rules or common sense doesn’t apply to them . I hope that they not only throw the book at him but that they beat him with it.

FAA has so far demonstrated a real reluctance to enforce their rules. Hence people feel no particular need to follow them. It is only going to get worse as the new rules go into full effect. Testing, airspace authorizations, etc. are all going to be widely ignored, and if the FAA continues to do nothing, then it will only get worse.

Reactions: Sully53
A lot of this started when UAVs (specifically drones) went main stream by being available in big box stores like Best Buy, Sharper Image, Mall shops etc. So anyone with enough money and an impulse or pulse could buy one.

Prior to this real hobby grade RC remained in the domain of LHS or even larger big box hobby shops which were typically only trafficked by true enthusiasts with more than just a big wallet.

I put some of the blame on the DJIs, and Yuneecs of the world which saw an opportunity and went for it. They've basically made flying computers which don't need much skill to get in the air, i.e., anyone with a pulse can probably get one in the air and wreck the hobby/industry for everyone.

Some much for being shortsighted and not seeing the unforeseen consequences of their actions which is now hurting everyone.

Isn't funny how RC was a thing for what? 40-50 years? with basically no issues or incidents to speak of regarding FAA or government involvement, then drones came on the scene and in the short span of 5-10 years all h--- breaks loose.

A lot of this started when UAVs (specifically drones) went main stream by being available in big box stores like Best Buy, Sharper Image, Mall shops etc. So anyone with enough money and an impulse or pulse could buy one.

Prior to this real hobby grade RC remained in the domain of LHS or even larger big box hobby shops which were typically only trafficked by true enthusiasts with more than just a big wallet.

I put some of the blame on the DJIs, and Yuneecs of the world which saw an opportunity and went for it. They've basically made flying computers which don't need much skill to get in the air, i.e., anyone with a pulse can probably get one in the air and wreck the hobby/industry for everyone.

Some much for being shortsighted and not seeing the unforeseen consequences of their actions which is now hurting everyone.

Isn't funny how RC was a thing for what? 40-50 years? with basically no issues or incidents to speak of regarding FAA or government involvement, then drones came on the scene and in the short span of 5-10 years all h--- breaks loose.
I saw A post on another forum where the guy was flying his in his development with the houses close together. When I simply asked if he thought it was a good idea to fly there his reply was rude and insulting to the point that I’m sure it would not have been tolerated on this forum.

Reactions: Sully53
Good point. Flying a fixed wing RC (or helicopter) takes a whole heck of a lot more skill than it does to fly a multirotor with an auto takeoff and land feature (AKA: Flying computer), so I think this prerequisite helped reduce the number of boneheads in the hobby, because they usually crashed within the first few moments and gave up. Now the only skills you need is how to use a razor knife to open the box without cutting yourself, how to misuse a forum so you don't have to read the manual, and a posses a general disregard and contempt for rules and the safety of others.

"Welcome to Best Buy! How can we help you today?"

I have long said that MR are a bore to fly. When I want to actually fly I fly one of my RC planes or helis. When I want to get a camera into the air to obtain aerial images of something, then I fire up a MR camera platform.

The exception are FPV quad racers. Those are definitely NOT gyro stabilized and are faster than red hot snot!! But I cannot use goggles. Too old school, I always want to peek and they make me want to vomit o_O

Reactions: Ty Pilot and DCH
The exception are FPV quad racers. Those are definitely NOT gyro stabilized and are faster than red hot snot!! But I cannot use goggles. Too old school, I always want to peek and they make me want to vomit o_O
YES! I have a racing quad that is faster than snot and requires a lot of skill and concentration to manage, but I too am too uncomfortable to use goggles -like wearing blinders, so I never got into racing it. But I do LOVE shredding the sky with it , ...as long as I can see it with my eyes and don't have to wear the blinders!

Reactions: Phaedrus
Until there are consequences, punitive and monetary.....and these are covered by the media with as much enthusiasm as transgressions.....there will be no change. It will only get worse.

Good point. Flying a fixed wing RC (or helicopter) takes a whole heck of a lot more skill than it does to fly a multirotor with an auto takeoff and land feature (AKA: Flying computer), so I think this prerequisite helped reduce the number of boneheads in the hobby, because they usually crashed within the first few moments and gave up. Now the only skills you need is how to use a razor knife to open the box without cutting yourself, how to misuse a forum so you don't have to read the manual, and a posses a general disregard and contempt for rules and the safety of others.

"Welcome to Best Buy! How can we help you today?"
Steady now. I had to buy mine from BestBuy because I couldn’t get one from Yuneec on my account because they didn’t have any and also I bought it in Delaware since there’s no sales tax there. But I totally get your point.

Reactions: DCH
Steady now. I had to buy mine from BestBuy because I couldn’t get one from Yuneec on my account because they didn’t have any and also I bought it in Delaware since there’s no sales tax there. But I totally get your point.

You just outted yourself as a Best Buy Pilot.......

:p

Very funny. LOL ?. Don’t hate me.... I didn’t know. I was desperate. ?

I guess that makes me a Walmart pilot (Breeze) and a Woot pilot (TH Pro). I love inexpensive!

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Steady now.
I wasn't knocking Best Buy per se, it is a good place to buy because they stand behind what they sell. In fact some of our most prominent and illustrious members, such as @Ty Pilot himself, have purchases their aircraft there. I was merely pointing out that just bout anyone -including @Ty Pilot himself- can stroll into a Best Buy and purchase something that is way over their head and not be questioned or be required to produce a valid ID or a part 107 certificate. ....A regret I am sure Best Buy will never live down!

Since a 107 is not needed to own or fly a H+, or any other drone, not sure why that would be needed at time of sale. However, once the recreational test is in place I can certainly see making it a requirement, 107 or recreational cert to buy any drone. Doubt anyone will do it, but it could be done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval