Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If I lose my H..

I haven't checked the files on the ST16, but I'm certain they are similar to the ST10. In a folder called FlightLogs is another folder - Telemetry. The most recent telemetry file should contain all the information about your flight. You can upload that file to Exmaps and it will display the flight path on Google Maps. On my ST10+, it only records when the video is recording. Hopefully it will record all the time on the ST16. Also, with the ST10 it only creates the files if you have an sd card installed under the battery. With the ST16 it is stored in internal memory. I always record from takeoff to landing for that reason. The ST10 and 16 both record miniature videos of what is being recorded by the camera. That can be very useful if something goes wrong.

Attachments

• files on card.png
    files on card.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Steve, I will have a look at that method.
At least you might be able to walk to the crash site with the controller/pad in hand.

I haven't checked the files on the ST16, but I'm certain they are similar to the ST10. In a folder called FlightLogs is another folder - Telemetry. The most recent telemetry file should contain all the information about your flight. You can upload that file to Exmaps and it will display the flight path on Google Maps. On my ST10+, it only records when the video is recording. Hopefully it will record all the time on the ST16. Also, with the ST10 it only creates the files if you have an sd card installed under the battery. With the ST16 it is stored in internal memory. I always record from takeoff to landing for that reason. The ST10 and 16 both record miniature videos of what is being recorded by the camera. That can be very useful if something goes wrong.

Hey Steve, where are these "miniature" videos being saved? Do you know? I checked (both internal and SD card) on my ST16 yesterday and could not find them. On ST10, they are stored in FPV folder but the same folder is empty on my ST16

Do you on the 16, have the "Flighlogs" folder, and then inside that folder, I have them in the "Telemenetry" sub-folder?

The .avc files should be in a folder called FPV-Video. The telemetry data records flight information about 3 times per second, so it is very accurate information. The GPS co-ords will show the last known position of the H if it's lost in flight or auto lands on low battery.
In my post above I said Exmaps. I meant to say GPS Visualizer. After uploading the telemetry file and viewing in Google maps, you can change to Sat view to see the location.
GPS Visualizer: Convert GPS files to plain text or GPX

The .avc files should be in a folder called FPV-Video. The telemetry data records flight information about 3 times per second, so it is very accurate information. The GPS co-ords will show the last known position of the H if it's lost in flight or auto lands on low battery.
In my post above I said Exmaps. I meant to say GPS Visualizer. After uploading the telemetry file and viewing in Google maps, you can change to Sat view to see the location.
GPS Visualizer: Convert GPS files to plain text or GPX

Hmm, the AVC files are nowhere to be found on my ST16. Have you verified that your AVC files are in FPV-Video folder on your ST16?

Hmm, the AVC files are nowhere to be found on my ST16. Have you verified that your AVC files are in FPV-Video folder on your ST16?
No, I have not. Still on weather hold for first flight. I presume the records will be very similar to the ST10. Yuneec technicians use these files to determine the cause of any problems so I would think they will be there. The .avc videos can only record when the CGO3+ is recording.

No, I have not. Still on weather hold for first flight. I presume the records will be very similar to the ST10. Yuneec technicians use these files to determine the cause of any problems so I would think they will be there. The .avc videos can only record when the CGO3+ is recording.

I've flown and recorded a few videos over the weekend but my FPV folder on ST16 remains empty. This is not the case with ST10+
Can someone please check your FPV folder to see if you have any AVC files in there?

On mt ST16 after about six flights with video on. I have a folder in the FPV-Video folder called Local but its empty. I have a load of .csv files in FlightLog/Remote, /Remote GPS and /Telemetery. Can't see any .avc ones anywhere.

Here is how to get your flight logs from ST16 Controller:
1.Select Pad on ST16 (Bottom left of screen). Green screen will appear.

2.Select circle with 6 dots at bottom center

3.Select File Manager

4.Then slide left to get to the Directory Menu

5.Scroll Down and Select Flight Mode

6.Select mission_data

7.In that folder there will be a list of your saved mission plans which you can delete individual ones, or export to PC.

To load to your PC:
Connect USB from ST 16 to PC/laptop, a screen will pop up.
Then Open "Internal Device"
Go to "Flight Log" Then select "Telemetry" And walla! it's there to save.
Now will someone help me to get it to Google Maps and see where my H was and use as a tracker!;)

Last edited:
Hi DC
Thanks for that. I don't seem to have the Flight Mode folder. I have a Flight Mode app icon that gets me back to Flight Mode from Pad.
If I connect the ST16 to my Surface Pro 3, I can see the file manager but did not get a popup of any sort. Maybe I have to set something to gather the required info into a folder.. I have FlightLog and FlightLogEncryptLog but no FlightMode folder. Both of these folders have the other folders mentioned in the above post. I can see .csv files in these folders but they are just full of Chinese code of some sort.

Same as Vortex Ring. No .avc files. I have the FPV-Video folder, it has a folder in it called Local but its empty.

Must be a firmware issue with the ST16 ? I have copies in asv. But then I have tons of zip readers on my pc. Let me play with some more till I can fiqure this bugger out!:mad:

Ok, Tried to update firmware. I am getting a "Camera response error" It says something about Decompressing timeout error too. Tried two cards. Formatted one before trying. I get a Decompressing placard that goes on for ages.
Anyone else getting this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval