Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If your new to the typhoon h read this to learn what I did the hard way

Reaction score
When I got my TH I have never had a drone before. I have learned a lot from this forum and videos online. What I suggest is getting extra rotors immediately if your a beginner. This drone is powerful and I've crashed mine practicing in places with lots of obstacles at first and panicked when it moved towards something and froze on what direction to steer it and broke props. It's sturdy I can say that and haven't had any broke or damaged parts after 3 crashes. This sounds like common sense but practice flying in my backyard and taking it easy flying low but I had a few beers and even with a buzz it takes away the reaction time to get out of trouble and I just watched in slow motion as it hit the kids swingset. My girl just gave me a look like really. I had trouble trusting the Intel real sense around trees for a long time but take the time to slowly find its limits. I tried to see how it responded to flying into trees and other objects. It doesn't see wires or cables well but I can tell you it's trust worthy. If you haven't used your wizard or worried it's complicated then you need to try it but in a field first. It's actually pretty simple and videos out there to help. Always put your landing gear up or it will show in shot during certain moves. The camera needs to have neutral density lenses and set costs 50 bucks. It blocks out sunlight giving better color and helps with color change especially around for forest or greenery where it goes from green to light green. Use a white paper and lock in white balance to help with exposure. I also have had it not want to descend high up and freaked me out. Just stay calm you will get it down. Sometimes I have to go up a little then down. I also tried to save it from a crash by grabbing it and I advise you it will cut you and deep. If you get hit in the face it would be devastating so don't ever try to grab it when it's moving horizontal. If you catch it by hand instead of landing that is safe and I've had windy day and it landed and flipped and broke props. I hope there is other pilots that can add to this but I hope this helps.

When I got my TH I have never had a drone before. I have learned a lot from this forum and videos online. What I suggest is getting extra rotors immediately if your a beginner. This drone is powerful and I've crashed mine practicing in places with lots of obstacles at first and panicked when it moved towards something and froze on what direction to steer it and broke props. It's sturdy I can say that and haven't had any broke or damaged parts after 3 crashes. This sounds like common sense but practice flying in my backyard and taking it easy flying low but I had a few beers and even with a buzz it takes away the reaction time to get out of trouble and I just watched in slow motion as it hit the kids swingset. My girl just gave me a look like really. I had trouble trusting the Intel real sense around trees for a long time but take the time to slowly find its limits. I tried to see how it responded to flying into trees and other objects. It doesn't see wires or cables well but I can tell you it's trust worthy. If you haven't used your wizard or worried it's complicated then you need to try it but in a field first. It's actually pretty simple and videos out there to help. Always put your landing gear up or it will show in shot during certain moves. The camera needs to have neutral density lenses and set costs 50 bucks. It blocks out sunlight giving better color and helps with color change especially around for forest or greenery where it goes from green to light green. Use a white paper and lock in white balance to help with exposure. I also have had it not want to descend high up and freaked me out. Just stay calm you will get it down. Sometimes I have to go up a little then down. I also tried to save it from a crash by grabbing it and I advise you it will cut you and deep. If you get hit in the face it would be devastating so don't ever try to grab it when it's moving horizontal. If you catch it by hand instead of landing that is safe and I've had windy day and it landed and flipped and broke props. I hope there is other pilots that can add to this but I hope this helps.
The easiest way to land without breaking props is to hover 8-10" above the ground and then hold the red button in until the motors stop. It will make a perfect landing.

:eek::eek::eek:

Prolly for flying after consuming alcohol. 8 hours between bottle and throttle has been a rule for almost ever. If flying commercial, any detectable amount of alcohol is cause for administrative action. Drinking and flying is what put a Phantom on the White House lawn. Bad judgement on multiple levels.

Bad judgement on multiple levels.

The main level being "talking about it".:rolleyes:

@Cyberawe... You did make some extremely good points, and I am always inclined to look for the good and try to ignore the rest.:)
Sometimes being completely candid is not the best way to go. You know what I mean?

Welcome to the forum.:D

The main level being "talking about it".:rolleyes:

@Cyberawe... You did make some extremely good points, and I am always inclined to look for the good and try to ignore the rest.:)
Sometimes being completely candid is not the best way to go. You know what I mean?

Welcome to the forum.:D
Thanks I really like this forum. Taking care of a expensive drone for at least myself 1600 for the Drone is a big investment. PatR is completely correct. If you want to fly this drone for personal or commercial use don't be intoxicated because you will crash and it will cost money to fix. If you haven't wrecked your new typhoon yet and you want to practice a few feet off the ground in the suburbs fenced in around trees and swingset and shed with hardly any room intoxicated even the smallest amount don't do it. It is a serious machine and is fast as ****. I admit I learned this all the way I did deciding to get my license so I could start a business. Now I'm licensed and run a business and I want everyone here who is flying illegally that the test not only makes you legit but teaches actual facts that make you a better pilot knowing when to fly and where. Take a week out of your life and get it done. I started this hoping the experts that have far more time using the TH to throw out every little possible detail of what negatives is found with it and how to fix it. I told my story as fact and will cost you lots of money in props and or worse. I've been lucky and typhoon h is incredibly strong. You will have tighten up the landing gear legs eventually. I know there is more experienced pilots then me on here and I want to know there hard learned lessons so I don't have to. Thanks. This is the only forum I have ever used is this one because I want learn my typhoon H like a boss. So again where is the big dogs on this forum to talk about typhoon accessories and how did they perform? There is another thread about this but it's lacking the experienced pilots of typhoon H. I would love to hear from the real estate pilot and what is the best set up for the TH top to bottom. Example lens, blades, antennas, guards? Program used to edit. Thanks for reading this long post

Neutral density filters do nothing for color, they only cut down the amount of light to the sensor to allow you to use slower shutter speeds for video. Polarizing filters do affect color but are infective in multi rotor since they have to be adjusted for the particular scene, so as the scene or angle changes they need to be re-adjusted.

Reactions: Cyberawe
Neutral density filters do nothing for color, they only cut down the amount of light to the sensor to allow you to use slower shutter speeds for video. Polarizing filters do affect color but are infective in multi rotor since they have to be adjusted for the particular scene, so as the scene or angle changes they need to be re-adjusted.
Now that's what I mean typhoon Charlie. I received incorrect info off a popular typhoon h tester YouTuber. Thanks for info

I like your style[emoji6]

For me, the best tool was learning how to fly multirotors without the assistance of a Home Lock or Smart type mode. Once you nail control of the aircraft nose in and nose out you'll not be guessing about what control input to use. The H provides a nice tool with the green arrow for getting back if you get confused.

Second was learning when and where not to fly. Those shots captured in dense foliage and low to the ground can look pretty neat but they often come at the cost of an aircraft. Sure, they've come out with tools to help people miss things but if you're intentionally flying so close to something they are necessary you're in a very high risk location. Risk management is pretty important. This and learning how to control the aircraft pretty much eliminates the need for prop guards and minimizes the number of props you'll buy. Do keep a full spare set of props on hand though.

Good landings take a lot of practice. There's not a lot more to say on that subject. The more you do the better they will get. The better you understand your aircraft the more places you'll be able to land it and more conditions you'll be comfortable with.

The H is quite versatile but requires time and practice to take full advantage of what it can do. Having one over a year now and I still have things to learn about it.

Oh, I forgot, welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberawe
Welcome. Good read. I started flying last Oct/Nov just for fun as I really enjoy the technology. I wish more people would take the time to learn how to fly safely and I really wish the reckless idiots out there could find something else to do instead of feeding the regulators.

There is a video on YouTube of someone flying the Mavic within a hundred metres of the final approach flight path into Tel Aviv, filming planes as the come into land.

I use vertigo drones, ebay and frys electronics. I try to find the cheapest price but it seems like they fluctuate a little so if anybody knows where to get them cheaper let us know please.

I don't know how everyone else feels but it seems like marketing drone work isn't really out there. The ideas that are known like, weddings, Crop Inspection, Graduations, Real estate and there is some podcasts I've watched but I feel secrets from the biggest players are held back. I believe some commercial pilots that have become successful keep lessons learned the hard way a secret which is fine. It would be better if we all rise together so our services our better known. That said I want to throw out a recent trend for me. If you noticed fb allows video as a banner on business pages. I started going to lawn care companies and asking them to let me shoot some of there best properties after they stripped it and trimmed. I've done a before and after for some or just 2 mins of nice camera footage and produced the small ad film with there logo and charged them 300 bucks. It autoplays and loops and they love it. We can't be competitive if the public doesn't understand the amazing services we offer. There is plenty of work out there and if we talk about how we make money in between bigger jobs we live with less stress. They say autonomous drones will eventually take us out but not if we provide excellent customer service. My biggest weapon is the matter port 3d camera. It costs 4040 and is easy to use to make virtual tours of a interior of a home. You can add little highlight dots kind of like a video game and when the person gets to the back door of the house they can select it and it plays my drone video for the outside. It's all in one and realtors love it. I've found the margin is low for homes under 500k because they make 3.5 to 4 percent so make 20k. They can afford to pay 750 for that service and I can do it all in a day. But a house bellow 200k they don't want it so if I can fit it in I will do the service cheaper as long as I'm happy with my time vs pay. What I really want to know and hopefully somebody can tell us how to get into utility company inspections because that's where the big money is. How in the **** do you get these jobs???

Consider obtaining property/building photography releases from the owners of the property. When used for public interest purposes in the U.S. a release is not always needed but when images are used to generate revenue people and that own the property can get a bit angry if permission was not obtained. Unless they have agreed otherwise they can demand compensation for the use of their property in advertising. A release is even more important in California where you can get hammered for violating a privacy law as well. Verbal agreements tend to be forgotten when people think they can get a lot of money.

There's a lot more to this stuff that many don't consider.

That's a great point sir. We do absolutely ask property owners permission. A contractor gave a discount to one of his customers for compensation. Pat your the man. Thanks for filling in my gaps. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval