Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If Yuneec made a Typhoon H+ what do you think would be new?

Bob,

If you want a 5x zoom you'll have to be prepared to pay a heck of a lot more for a gimbal that can stabilize it. We could have such but few would be willing to step up to the price. There are limits to what consumer level pricing will permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with the better camera folks, one that actually has an aperture. Hire a new coder, smarter, lighter, more powerful batteries, some clue to the maintenance schedule and actual specs of the thing! better battery for the st16 as well

Reactions: Brock.ugk
Would not be hard to have it circle fly, yes it would drift with the wind. I agree maybe have it gain altitude at the same time.

@PatR
Would not have to be so stable, Not looking for Cinema quality here, more for inspection work.
I do agree very hard to stabilize when zoomed. My P610 has a 60X lens on it, hand held maybe 1 out of 100 pics are usable at that zoom when hand held.

I would expect 360* OA for those that have a need of it, a second pilot view camera, mapping capability, camera improvements, and a dedicated second operator payload control unit. There would also be a provision to completely shut off NFZ's for those professionally qualified. Of course the price would go up.

Inspire 2 just raised the bar.

I'd say with the 360 gimbal, 360 OA is not needed as it already pretends like it does.

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

Im with the better camera folks, one that actually has an aperture. Hire a new coder, smarter, lighter, more powerful batteries, some clue to the maintenance schedule and actual specs of the thing! better battery for the st16 as well
Yes specs where are the specs

Reading all of this I think I may have purchased at the wrong time , I just might have to return my H Pro . Seems like the obvious thing to do would give a better camera and polish the code. Why would you put effort into a expensive thermal camera when your bread and butter customers love the platform and just want a camera. DJI has released 3 show stoppers a month before xmas and yuneec seems to be asleep? I run trains for a living I'm not a business strategist at all and I can see this makes no sense. Why would you let someone step on your throat and not fight back, it's not like there is no strength to fight, 360 gimbal, six rotors, modular design, intergrated tablet, customer service above and beyond the top competitors.. so just put a camera on the thing badda bing badda boom finished .
Ps. Could this be a sign that internally things aren't good and development has ceased? Idk just seems weird .

You would need a larger sensor (which would be nice) before you could have an adjustable aperture. These 1/2.3 sensor cameras are already near the diffraction limit wide open. Stopping them down would really degrade the image. That's why small point and shoot cameras often used internal ND filters instead of changing a physical aperture.

You would need a larger sensor (which would be nice) before you could have an adjustable aperture. These 1/2.3 sensor cameras are already near the diffraction limit wide open. Stopping them down would really degrade the image. That's why small point and shoot cameras often used internal ND filters instead of changing a physical aperture.

I hear ya but, If DJI can use a 1 inch sensor why not Yuneec? And its just wishes and clouds anyway :)

Reactions: Firman
Reading all of this I think I may have purchased at the wrong time , I just might have to return my H Pro . Seems like the obvious thing to do would give a better camera and polish the code. Why would you put effort into a expensive thermal camera when your bread and butter customers love the platform and just want a camera. DJI has released 3 show stoppers a month before xmas and yuneec seems to be asleep? I run trains for a living I'm not a business strategist at all and I can see this makes no sense. Why would you let someone step on your throat and not fight back, it's not like there is no strength to fight, 360 gimbal, six rotors, modular design, intergrated tablet, customer service above and beyond the top competitors.. so just put a camera on the thing badda bing badda boom finished .
Ps. Could this be a sign that internally things aren't good and development has ceased? Idk just seems weird .
DJI intends to completely own the drone market. They have billions in capitol and continue to push the envelope. On the other hand, they are a dishonest and predatory company. I don't like to support them.

Why should Yuneec announce a product the moment DJI does? Of course they're working on new stuff. Notice that unlike DJI they have been constantly adding features to the Typhoon with significant firmware updates. You can bet there will be new hardware in time as well.

It's also ridiculous to compare the Typhoon with the every DJI model. It's not going to be as good as an Inspire 2 that costs over *six* times as much for a full drone + camera. The P4 Pro costs at least half as much again as the H. If you want a platform that's never going to be overtaken by new models, you're going to be very disappointed. The bottom line is that the Typhoon is a great machine and the camera is as good as anything you can get from GoPro and most of the DJI range. Go out and fly it!

I think people need to be realistic here. Competition is good - each drone has strengths and weaknesses and we're in a period of rapid change. It doesn't change the fact that Yuneec produce great drones and I hope they will continue to do so.

Why should Yuneec announce a product the moment DJI does? Of course they're working on new stuff. Notice that unlike DJI they have been constantly adding features to the Typhoon with significant firmware updates. You can bet there will be new hardware in time as well.

It's also ridiculous to compare the Typhoon with the every DJI model. It's not going to be as good as an Inspire 2 that costs over *six* times as much for a full drone + camera. The P4 Pro costs at least half as much again as the H. If you want a platform that's never going to be overtaken by new models, you're going to be very disappointed. The bottom line is that the Typhoon is a great machine and the camera is as good as anything you can get from GoPro and most of the DJI range. Go out and fly it!

I think people need to be realistic here. Competition is good - each drone has strengths and weaknesses and we're in a period of rapid change. It doesn't change the fact that Yuneec produce great drones and I hope they will continue to do so.

It's really that it's just fun to speculate what's next for the industry. With these AP giants going at it, new and exciting things are happening faster than ever

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

Reactions: Brock.ugk
IMG_2372.JPG

I am out and flying as we argue lol it's all love brother

I would expect 360* OA for those that have a need of it, a second pilot view camera, mapping capability, camera improvements, and a dedicated second operator payload control unit. There would also be a provision to completely shut off NFZ's for those professionally qualified. Of course the price would go up.

Inspire 2 just raised the bar.

Yes but improving the hardware that they're using on the TH would be a plus.also. We need to think or should I say re-think what we really want from the TH. They have our investment in their product so if they would just start doing the modules I think a lot of people would be happy ie new camera ,A better range then we have already and addressing the flyaways so that it would almost be impossible for a drone to flyway. Personally I think when the drone loses its GPS function it's still knows where home is.

Last edited:
A journey planner app similar to Tuna's one should come standard and optional cameras that support Geo-tagging. Maybe also a different controller where you can use your own tablet or phone so it doesn't have to be so large.
one could fly via wizard and cgo app...

I have said many times, this thing is modular for a reason. A better camera will follow I'm sure.

If yuneec want to succeed and beat the DJI, TH should become an open Platform, have more Better superior camera, upgrade current software, smart battery with longer flight times and have 360 obstacle avoidance! not only front facing sensor!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79