Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If Yuneec made a Typhoon H+ what do you think would be new?

I have tried it. the wizard is a joke for dual operator flying.
It would work ok if you did point to fly. they should add support for the st10+, use the take a picture button as landing gear

We need to think or should I say re-think what we really want from the TH.

That makes no sense to me. For all consumer electronics I've ever known, what I want is irrelevant - it either does the job or it doesn't. The reason there are so many different types of drones is that there isn't a single machine that suits everyone. There isn't a single budget that suits everyone. There isn't a single piece of software, or controller or flight characteristics or defaults that suit everyone.

I like the Typhoon because it is well supported and it may be upgraded, but I bought it because out of the box it did what I wanted. It still does - even if someone releases a drone that flies to the moon and brings back cheese. :)

Reactions: PatR
I like to think that my drone is like a car.
I can change the wheel the tyres the radio add a gps and so on.
And I think Yuneec built this drone in a way that few things can be added or changed.
U can add the Realsense why not stg else ?

The camera can be changed also, so why not another gimbal where you can put another cam.
As it's an android tablet, many things can be added by other people like you do Tuna
:)

But at the end it has always a cost.

So far i'm happy with my drone

Reactions: BobW55
There would also be a provision to completely shut off NFZ's for those professionally qualified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're supposed to have that now. I submitted a form to Yuneec with ID numbers from my two Typhoon Hs and they sent me license BIN files - activating those through the GUI gave me a toggle switch to deactivate the NFZ. I tried it once and it didn't work for some reason. I just did it again today - we'll see if it works this time.

I have said many times, this thing is modular for a reason. A better camera will follow I'm sure.
Yes..I for one would be pretty upset if Yuneec came out with a whole new H+ platform so soon. The modular concept is an excellent Idea. It allows Yuneec to concentrate on upgrades and improvements to the H platform without alienating it's customers with a new product. Plus It gives us the choice to upgrade things at our own pace, if we want to. IMHO it makes more sense from a customer loyalty stand point for Yuneec to do it this way and probably better finacially for yuneec because customers would be more inclined to spend a couple of hundred dollars on and upgrade for the H rather than a couple of thousand on a new model.

Reactions: Ergon
If Yuneec made a new version of the H to compete with the Phany 4, what features would you want it to have?
They typhoon H already competes well with the P4.
1. 6 rotors for redundancy, will fly with 5
2. Retractable landing gear
3. 360 degree rotating camera
4. Built in tablet/screen. No worries about compatibility or charging a separate device.
5. Removable camera/gimbal
6. Built in flight modes that do not require 3rd party apps which void warranty
7. Second controller (Wizard) included and it is waterproof
8. HDMI out from controller
9. Batteries are less expensive and not restricted with internal chip
10. Dynamic altitude in follow modes
11. Better Curved Cable Cam
12. Charger includes 12v car adapter
14. Sun shield included
15. Neck strap included
16. Obstacle avoidance works in the direction the aircraft is moving, not restricted to camera direction
17. Smooth, hands free camera yaw
18. Cruise control for smooth, hands free panning

If you are referring to the P4 pro, then a lot of these typhoon advantages still apply. From the few user videos I have seen the P4 pro still has tilted horizons and props in view. They finally added a screen for an extra $300! If they ship as fast as the Mavic, you might have one by next June.

Reactions: eikkon
DJI could give great advice on cracking frames, battery failures, flyaways, tilted horizons and customer service. Oh and don't forget meeting promised deliveries...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes..I for one would be pretty upset if Yuneec came out with a whole new H+ platform so soon. The modular concept is an excellent Idea. It allows Yuneec to concentrate on upgrades and improvements to the H platform without alienating it's customers with a new product. Plus It gives us the choice to upgrade things at our own pace, if we want to. IMHO it makes more sense from a customer loyalty stand point for Yuneec to do it this way and probably better finacially for yuneec because customers would be more inclined to spend a couple of hundred dollars on and upgrade for the H rather than a couple of thousand on a new model.

precisely buddy, i wouldn't swap the H for 2 phantoms. the H is a better platform with more potential, what yuneec does with it ofcourse is the key but they have a potential game changer. it is obvious DJI is not going to go down the modular route, yet again they don't do it....missing a trick there.

precisely buddy, i wouldn't swap the H for 2 phantoms. the H is a better platform with more potential, what yuneec does with it ofcourse is the key but they have a potential game changer. it is obvious DJI is not going to go down the modular route, yet again they don't do it....missing a trick there.
I see you fly a raptor heli i fly turbines helicopter it to each his on

They typhoon H already competes well with the P4.
1. 6 rotors for redundancy, will fly with 5
2. Retractable landing gear
3. 360 degree rotating camera
4. Built in tablet/screen. No worries about compatibility or charging a separate device.
5. Removable camera/gimbal
6. Built in flight modes that do not require 3rd party apps which void warranty
7. Second controller (Wizard) included and it is waterproof
8. HDMI out from controller
9. Batteries are less expensive and not restricted with internal chip
10. Dynamic altitude in follow modes
11. Better Curved Cable Cam
12. Charger includes 12v car adapter
14. Sun shield included
15. Neck strap included
16. Obstacle avoidance works in the direction the aircraft is moving, not restricted to camera direction
17. Smooth, hands free camera yaw
18. Cruise control for smooth, hands free panning

If you are referring to the P4 pro, then a lot of these typhoon advantages still apply. From the few user videos I have seen the P4 pro still has tilted horizons and props in view. They finally added a screen for an extra $300! If they ship as fast as the Mavic, you might have one by next June.

I think Yuneec needs to make a controller with a built in screen!

Wait......

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

I'd love my app to come on every Typhoon as standard :) However, Yuneec really need to encourage a third party ecosystem, so if they bundle too many tools in with the drone it makes it very hard to justify developing software for it. I need to add enough value that people will pay to use my app. Then it's a virtuous cycle - I'm happy to wave the flag for Yuneec and try to add exclusive new features, if they're able to provide the platform to run it all on.

At the moment, I'm getting some really good results from my H, and there's not much I'd want to add to the flying platform - it's a joy to fly and has been very reliable for me. I don't think you'll ever find a photographer who doesn't want a better camera though, and in direct comparison with the competition, it's usually the numbers for the camera that people focus on. Producing a good camera is a huge challenge though - look how GoPro have dropped the ball on this. The current camera on the H is an easy match even for the latest GoPros.
Yes Tuna!

Bill W.

has anyone seen the demo footage that yuneek put out with a typhoon h with hydrogen powered unit that creates electricity they claim up to 3 hrs flight time

Reactions: zandoli
well i thought it was typhoon h with hydrogen module but its actualy yuneec tornado 920

Reactions: Windluv
I'd like to see them something similar to Tower for 3dr Solo that lets you set up alkinds of missions including mapping that controls the entire light including taking the stills to stich together

Reactions: Brent
If Yuneec made a new version of the H to compete with the Phany 4, what features would you want it to have?
I would like to see the most improvement in the camera. It's good now, but I want great. The Typhoon H and the ST16 are great, the gimbal is AWESOME, so all the improvement should be focused on the camera. Perhaps a new camera that can be added to the existing drone. More Mbs, bigger lens, doesn't have to zoom, but that would be a nice feature. Fully adjustable, ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. Lastly, longer fly time and a batter that allows you to see it's charge.

Loss of signal from the transmitter should trigger Return To Home. As it returns, you should be able to regain control. Loss of GPS should switch to attitude mode. You should still be able to control it but without position hold. You do not want to just hover in many cases such as flying over water.
I believe it does automatically trigger RTH if the control signal is lost for more than a few seconds. That's what happened to me at least once. Also, as soon as control signal was regained, I had control over the flight.

Has anyone noticed how small the onboard memory of the ST16 is? It would be nice to be able to store more data or even 4k video files on the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio