Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If Yuneec made a Typhoon H+ what do you think would be new?

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on a week long road trip recently using the TH whenever possible to record the sights from above. When my microSD card filled up, I could not find a suitable one to buy in the small towns we were passing through. I was able to dump only two 4k video files onto the ST16 when it declared itself full. I didn't think it wise to totally fill up the ST16 memory. Besides, it's a tablet computer. Maybe I want to put some apps or games on it.

I was on a week long road trip recently using the TH whenever possible to record the sights from above. When my microSD card filled up, I could not find a suitable one to buy in the small towns we were passing through. I was able to dump only two 4k video files onto the ST16 when it declared itself full. I didn't think it wise to totally fill up the ST16 memory. Besides, it's a tablet computer. Maybe I want to put some apps or games on it.

You don't want to be cluttering up the thing that is in charge of controlling the H with files and games. A single SD card of video would fill just about any tablet or phone, why should the ST-16 be any different? If you want to store stuff on the go, get a mobile drive with a built in card reader. Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N4QG8MQ/ref=psdc_430544031_t1_B00IOEMSQ8

Unless the ST-16 came with a 1Tb drive, it would be useless as a back up device.

That sounds more like poor planning on your part, not a deficiency on the ST-16's part. In the days of film you packed enough film to have an excess of what you might need, especially if going to a location where additional supply was not assured. Since SD cards are very small and are varied in capacity it was a very simple thing to assure your capacity needs would have been covered well in advance.

There's a cliche' used in my department at work that seems applicable; Poor planning and execution on your part does not constitutive a failure or emergency on my part. The storage capacity ST-16 did not let you down, you did that to yourself. If you want more games, load up your phone or another tablet.

You don't want to be cluttering up the thing that is in charge of controlling the H with files and games. A single SD card of video would fill just about any tablet or phone, why should the ST-16 be any different? If you want to store stuff on the go, get a mobile drive with a built in card reader. Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N4QG8MQ/ref=psdc_430544031_t1_B00IOEMSQ8

Unless the ST-16 came with a 1Tb drive, it would be useless as a back up device.

Point taken about games that can sometimes cause problems. Yours might be one of the apps I would consider loading, however. The portable drive idea has merit but its yet another device to keep charged up on a trip. I guess, I'll just buy more microSD cards before leaving home. Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope not. GEO and the user info collected is a prime reason many won't buy DJI.

I better camera would be nice. Particularly one that can do longer shutters to do astrophotography.
Longer battery life (or Hydrogen module)
Google Maps overlay would be very helpful with a history line (sort of like the green line in the Flight log)

Reactions: fergalmccarthy
After having had the H for about a month, I'd like to see few things...

1) A second micro-camera installed in the body of the craft facing forward to always give a "drone's eye view"
irrespective of the gimbal orientation... does not need to be more than the native resolution of the ST16 -
720x1280... this could be used in 2 ways... PiP for single mode, but more useful with the recently added
capability to use 2 ST16s in team mode... pilot controlled ST16 shows "drone's eye view", videographer
controlled ST16 shows CGO3+ camera view.

2) Better overall documentation... ****, forum members are building a better user manual. If not for generous
contributions by people like CaptainDrone or we would never get necessary tasks like firmware upgrading
accomplished. As an example, the "user manual" for the ActionGrip is not found on the Yuneec website.
Just an link to a invalid PDF. Corresponding Android CGO App needed to use the grip is currently not working
for several folks, some of whom a previous version did. NO documentation available on the app itself.

3) Prioritize on fixing stability issues with the Typhoon, before adding new features in firmware upgrades.

As a side upgrade for the ActionGrip:

1) Fix the f'n Android App !

2) Would like to see some sort of usable 90° gimbal lock on the grip that would permit taking portrait orientation photos.

Last edited:
Posted this in another thread, but it probably belongs here.

I would love to see an on-screen indicator for the direction that the H is facing in relation to the gimbal. Not having another operator for dual mode, I find that I use global mode quite a bit to get the shots that I am after, and it would be great to have an indicator showing the difference between the camera position and the H direction. This would help when transitioning form global mode back to follow mode as well as a guide for tracking a shot when in global.

Indicator only needs to be an icon (dot or some such) at the edge of the screen similar in operation to the green arrow. It could be done as an overlay to one of the existing icons on the right, but would be much more usable on the main screen like the green arrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss