Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm about ready to give up.

Let's just say the flying part was easy. I believe I said I read all the manual's several and videos many times. I lost one in hover about 50 ft. up and while watching the screen deciding what flght options to mess with I was accidentally moving the right stick forward and looked up and flew into a tree. It could have possibly survived but nobody can or will go into what's under those trees. An obstacle avoidance sensor could possibly have saved it. My mechanic who's garage is on the other side of the trees agreed that nobody will go below because there is a filthy narrow canal that should have been cleaned up years ago. I still go there and look because there aren't any leaves on the trees anymore but even if the frame is intact it would have to be ---cleaned by a radiation shower. The 2d one might still be intact but AccuWeather lied to me. I knew that in a few hours winds were going to be heavy so I immediately went to the park and all was calm. I took off and was flying and I went up to 197 feet and without leaving the parameters of the park I took some video showing my street and the low power signal came on and then the wind blew in like Thor! I immediately put the home switch on and at full power it just couldn't fight 45 mph winds. The word is out with the park guy. I saw him yesterday when I took the h to the park and after we drove around last week he's still looking. The wind came almost an hour and a half early. I would never had flown it in any kind of wind. I am not angry but your comment about me not reading manual's which I have and do along with videos I thought was a bit insensitive especially the dog video. I am not unfimiliar with flying. I litteraly grew up on a tiny airport in new Hampshire. I was almost born in one and could fly my father's beechcraft Bonanza by the time I was 8. I was ready to solo at 11. I worked at the airport gassing up planes and flying alot with friends of my father who were flying aces during ww11. Like I said I'm not concerned about the flying part. I have flown the q out in the country in angle mode easily and would have had some nice footage if the SD card hadn't have flown out.

As an aside, the stock camera cover holds it so the gymbals cant turn, works as well as taking the camera off.

As an aside, the stock camera cover holds it so the gymbals cant turn, works as well as taking the camera off.
As an experiment, power on the drone with the camera cover removed. With either the H bound or not to the ST16 move it about and you'll see that the camera tries to maintain a level horizon. With the cover installed these efforts will be forcibly restrained. I believe there is a good reason that the cover should always be removed whenever the drone is powered on. I think your advice might be dangerous.

As an experiment, power on the drone with the camera cover removed. With either the H bound or not to the ST16 move it about and you'll see that the camera tries to maintain a level horizon. With the cover installed these efforts will be forcibly restrained. I believe there is a good reason that the cover should always be removed whenever the drone is powered on. I think your advice might be dangerous.
Right. The camera gimbal is fragile and forcing the servo motors could cause damage. That's why I take the camera off for a compass cal. And..... Oh By The Way........I think the compass cal is being done way too often. There should be a good reason to do it.

Reactions: PatR
The camera is off and Carole has been working on the damper problem. She thinks from the video that it's difficult because it seems that the camera holder which I spoke of before cannot be spread apart to make it easier. Also a man said that part should slide off meaning the two halves where the dampers are connected doesn't seem to be possible. She thinks it looks like a different set up than the one on the videos. Just don't know. This would all be easy if a person here worked on these alot. I will drive back to k.c. if that's the only safe way.

Right. The camera gimbal is fragile and forcing the servo motors could cause damage. That's why I take the camera off for a compass cal. And..... Oh By The Way........I think the compass cal is being done way too often. There should be a good reason to do it.
That argument on Facebook today, it seems no reasoning with some

Best not to fly it that way as the camera stabilization system still tries to level the camera while it’s restricted with the gimbal lock. Best case, you could (I have because of flights with the lock installed) easily end up having to reset the system with a power cycle to get the gimbal to function afterwards. Worst case would burn out a gimbal actuator.

Regarding cover removal, use your thumb nail or a thin bladed flat screw driver to get between the cover and the mount. The upper cover employs a “catch” to secure it to the mount. Once you lift the edge of the cover away from the mount the cover can be rotated upwards to separate it from the mount.

Don’t be scared, it’s not rocket science and even those with fumble fingers can do it.

If it’s any consolation this is the video I used and it worked great [emoji106] wish I had seen it when I first bought my q 3 years ago .. but it worked great for my H and it is an awesome video

Some of us poor sods didn’t have any videos when we did it as nobody had tried it yet[emoji22] All we could do was look at it and give it a go.

Well Carole spent more than two hours yesterday and also this morning and one of the dampers is pretty much shot. I ordered more over night and give it another shot. I'm going to k.c. next week and if things keep adding up I'll return it and decide whether I can keep going on dealing which is slowly causing me insanity. I will want to fly, take some cool videos and there is always some kind of demon that's saying "I'm going to do everything to make things impossible for you with drones from ****"! Hobbies should not be stressful but enjoyable. It is mega enjoyable and then everything becomes whacko. So if I decide in the next week to travel instead and become relaxed then I'll come back to say goodbye to you and all of you have been awesome!

Might you kindly post a picture of your camera, gimbal and damper? Something isn’t right here as it should take no longer than 10 minutes to remove the cover, reinstall the damper without the aid of any tool more sophisticated than a dull toothpick, and install the cover again.

I can't get the h to do compass calibration out doors in a park that I have had no problems calibrating the q whatsoever. I watched and practiced at home. I watched videos so many times they've gone platinum. Now one of the the gromlets(sp) has come out of the the camera assembly. I took a pic and can't get it to show on the forum. Also a man wants a pic of the new and very heavy q500 case that I'm trying to sell. Can't get the pics to bring onto the forum for the man. I am losing it!!!!!???
Make sure you are not standing over the top of an utilities when doing the calibration. I attempted to do the calibration at the end of my driveway and it would not successfully complete. I then realized that the underground power cables ran underground where I was standing. When I moved out to the center of my back yard, the calibration was successful. Just an opinion.

I have no input on this issue, I am still learning, So just a KUDOS to All the Pilot's & Admin's keeping it "professional" on this site! I can usually find the answer to my questions. Other than the Play Store issue, I love my H Pro!
Hope ya'll have a great safe flying Spring & Summer, ok Fall & Winter!
Rob
NNTR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval