Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'm considering flying the US Flag...

Reaction score
Anyone tried it before...bad idea? I'd of course keep the landing gears down to anchor it and also weigh the flag down to keep it from flying up into the propellers. Would love to hear from anyone that's attempted it prior or any shortcomings you can thing of. I don't believe I'm breaking any laws but if you can think of any I'd also like to know, definitely don't want to risk getting into trouble.

I recall seeing a vid on youtube of a phantom 2 Vision being used to carry an effigy of a ghost on Halloween. It seemed to work.

Use a dowel rod long enough to lay across the landing gear. In an emergency raise the gear, the dowel will fall free.
Those bamboo skewers they sell are light weight and may be long enough.

I have seen a flag flown from a Q500. Seemed to work well at least for a short flight.

Anyone tried it before...bad idea? I'd of course keep the landing gears down to anchor it and also weigh the flag down to keep it from flying up into the propellers. Would love to hear from anyone that's attempted it prior or any shortcomings you can thing of. I don't believe I'm breaking any laws but if you can think of any I'd also like to know, definitely don't want to risk getting into trouble.

Great idea! Who could hate a drone flying the flag on the 4th?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval